Odyssey Thunderbolt Socket Drive Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2013 11:59 PM

Does anyone have a set of these cranks ? Would like to know how well the socket part works for the sprocket, if it has any wobble etc ? I've been using spline drive cranks and have had no problems, mainly wanting to see if there worth purchasing a set but would like to know what people's experiences have been with them first.

|

9/25/2013 6:02 AM

They wouldn't make them with wobble. Over time it would round out the sprocket. Its kind of a stupid question- If you designed these cranks and sprocket, would you put them on the market with the wobble?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/25/2013 6:05 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They wouldn't make them with wobble. Over time it would round out the sprocket. Its kind of a stupid question- If you designed ...more

No shit, I'm asking people that have actually owned a socket drive set, I owned a bolt drive thunderbolt set never had problems with them, its the socket drive interface that I'm curious about. GTFO.

|

9/25/2013 6:09 PM

Cellmember wrote:

No shit, I'm asking people that have actually owned a socket drive set, I owned a bolt drive thunderbolt set never had ...more

You mad? I answered your question. No need to be butthurt

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/25/2013 6:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2013 6:13 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They wouldn't make them with wobble. Over time it would round out the sprocket. Its kind of a stupid question- If you designed ...more

Cellmember wrote:

No shit, I'm asking people that have actually owned a socket drive set, I owned a bolt drive thunderbolt set never had ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You mad? I answered your question. No need to be butthurt

You didn't answer shit, I just don't appreciate little assholes telling me something works, because why would they put a product out if it didn't work, have you actually own a socket drive set ?

If you don't have any experience with the product, just leave...

They wouldn't make them with wobble. Over time it would round out the sprocket. Its kind of a stupid question- If you designed these cranks and sprocket, would you put them on the market with the wobble?

^
This is not what I asked, you dip shit.

|

9/25/2013 6:15 PM

Cellmember wrote:

You didn't answer shit, I just don't appreciate little assholes telling me something works, because why would they put a ...more

What I said is accurate though. And yes I have actually. I put on my friends socket drive sprocket. Snug as a bug in a rug.

|

9/25/2013 6:21 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

What I said is accurate though. And yes I have actually. I put on my friends socket drive sprocket. Snug as a bug in a rug.

Very informative response. Good job......

But that was only an installation, in no way does that determine the products performance over time, do you know how to read ?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Now if you'll kindly gtfo of this thread and let the people with experience give some proper advice that'd be great.

|

9/25/2013 6:31 PM

Well my friends been running it for about a year now no problem. Also, these parts have been test rode for longer than just installation. Surely during test riding, if they would have noticed it, they wouldn't have put it on the market like that. I don't understand why you're so mad. If you can't handle people answering your questions, don't post them. Simple as that.

|

9/25/2013 6:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2013 6:38 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Well my friends been running it for about a year now no problem. Also, these parts have been test rode for longer than just ...more

I can't handle people who try to answer questions about a product and don't know how a product works, especially over time. You know what fuck it you win, just stop replying to this thread. You win 5 awesome points.

Plus your answers aren't informative at all. Its just yeah they work get them. I fucking hate people like you, so stupid...

|

9/25/2013 6:48 PM

I never said get them? Lol. I answered your question with logic only. I'm not trying to win anything. I sincerely tried to help you, and you start being an ass towards me. Lol. But you're right, I'm a horrible type of person.

|

9/25/2013 6:53 PM

I think they have been out for a while through the Flatware line and I haven't heard any complaints so I would assume they hold up fine.

I have the regular Thunders and they're great but I wouldn't get the socket drive because there are like 3 sprockets available for it. I don't see it catching on with other companies since the wedge design is patented, so other than Trees new joint coming out I doubt many other companies would hop on and make sprockets specific to one crank especially when they make a normal 15/16 version.

Just my 2 cent

|

9/25/2013 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2013 6:58 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I never said get them? Lol. I answered your question with logic only. I'm not trying to win anything. I sincerely tried to ...more

Nah you're okay, all I'm saying is you don't have anything professional to offer as in experience on how the product works/ functions I don't want to know about it. Because it's not going to help me one bit with saying oh I've installed a set of them cranks on my friends bike and the sprocket went on snug as a bug or rug.

|

9/25/2013 6:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2013 6:58 PM

BNC wrote:

I think they have been out for a while through the Flatware line and I haven't heard any complaints so I would assume they ...more

I've got a set of Thunderbolts/ Bolt drive atm awesome cranks, my main concern is I can't see the sprocket/socket interface on on the socket drives lasting too long over time and could see it developing a wobble. Spline drive is a different kettle of fish just really curious on how they would hold up, but I'm not holding my breath on them.

Edit: Flatland wouldn't take that much a beating on the sprocket area as they run easy/low gears for quicker pedalling.

|

9/25/2013 9:04 PM

Cellmember wrote:

I've got a set of Thunderbolts/ Bolt drive atm awesome cranks, my main concern is I can't see the sprocket/socket interface on ...more

Quick thought, if they would develope wobble, it'd be the sprocket that went, not the cranks due to aluminum vs chromoly

But that's all I have to add. Hopefully someone gets you the help you need

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK