Odyssey Thunderbolt question

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2013 7:18 PM

So I just picked up a set of these tonight, never really worked on wom/twom/thunderbolts before so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this, I mean the bolt's tight and doesn't wanna go any further so I guess it's okay. I'm just not used to the look & I googled "odyssey thunderbolt cranks" but didn't find any good enough pictures to go by, so is this okay?

Picture up in a second, posting from phone.

Also just wanna say, they feel AMAZING! They feel sooo much more stiff compared to 48 spline cranks. My entire bike even felt better in the hour I was able to ride haha.

ALSO x2, the Deadline DVD was shipped out to me today, CANNOT WAIT! /csb

|

9/26/2013 7:19 PM

Photo
|

9/26/2013 7:22 PM

You're good man. The last set of twoms and current set i have did/do the exact thing.

|

9/26/2013 7:23 PM

Okay good to know! thanks!

|

9/26/2013 7:25 PM

My friends do that but not as much I believe

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/26/2013 7:33 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

My friends do that but not as much I believe

That was before I cranked down on the bolt, the wedge cluster's not as exposed now but still sketched me out haha

Photo

|

9/26/2013 8:13 PM

Want to sell your akimbos as long as they're not beat?

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/26/2013 8:14 PM

my twombolts do the same thing i guess it's ok it won't go any further for me either.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/26/2013 8:21 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Want to sell your akimbos as long as they're not beat?

I'm likely selling them locally on Saturday, I'll let you know if I don't though. Nothing's wrong with them other than scratches & they have to be piss tight or the splines start shifting slightly

|

9/26/2013 10:13 PM

youre golden. its just the design of the cluster, as it wears down you will be able to tighten it closer in. but until that day you are fine.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

9/27/2013 4:55 PM

I wanna get those in 180mm so bad!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/28/2013 12:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2013 12:58 AM

It looks like your wedge clusters are upside down.

Check your clusters and make sure that the back side of the clusters are vertical/straight as to contact the cone spacers correctly and to allow the arm to fit properly, if they aren't flip them until they are correct. Quick diagram added, excuse the shitty ass drawing.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

9/28/2013 6:28 AM

^^^ Nope I put it on exactly as how their site shows you to

Photo

Thanks though

|

9/28/2013 6:57 AM

Are you referring to the wedge cluster being visible?

That's fine. Mine do that. Mine come loose from time to time so check yours before you ride.

If you CAN'T see the wedge cluster, the crank arm can bottom out before they get tight.

|

9/28/2013 4:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2013 5:06 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

^^^ Nope I put it on exactly as how their site shows you to

Photo

Thanks though

Lmao....

Edit: Anyone on here know what I'm talking about ? Anyone who actually have these cranks, the wedges have a specific way they are suppose to be installed, not being back the front that's just extremely obvious, your wedge clusters are upside down, you installed them wrong, I can see it in the photo's. If you take the wedges out and put them on a flat surface, being taller end to the tip, left to right, you will see that they actually have 2 different angles, a mellow angle where the backside of the wedge is verticle meaning thats the correct way they are installed and the other way where the angle of the wedge is sharper and the backside of the wedge is just off from vertical as my example shows. Anyone who actually have this crank and know how they are installed correctly will tell you the same thing.

Edit: The wedge clusters will be visible either way, but the way you install the wedges will definitely affect performance and life of the crank.

|

9/28/2013 8:01 PM

Mine dont really do this for some reason

|

9/28/2013 8:13 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Lmao....

Edit: Anyone on here know what I'm talking about ? Anyone who actually have these cranks, the wedges have a specific way they are suppose to be installed, not being back the front that's just extremely obvious, your wedge clusters are upside down, you installed them wrong, I can see it in the photo's. If you take the wedges out and put them on a flat surface, being taller end to the tip, left to right, you will see that they actually have 2 different angles, a mellow angle where the backside of the wedge is verticle meaning thats the correct way they are installed and the other way where the angle of the wedge is sharper and the backside of the wedge is just off from vertical as my example shows. Anyone who actually have this crank and know how they are installed correctly will tell you the same thing.

Edit: The wedge clusters will be visible either way, but the way you install the wedges will definitely affect performance and life of the crank.

I see what you mean, so I took it apart and it's exactly how you say it should be. I even put it on the other way for a second to see if it made a difference & it made it stick out worse, so I have them together correctly

|