Odyssey Warranty BS!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2013 9:27 AM

So about 2 weeks ago I snapped my twombolts, I didn't think it was a big deal because I bought them new, had receipts, just not the warranty card. I figured this wouldn't be a problem since people had warrantied things without the card in the past and that I had the receipt. I get an email back basically saying that they won't warranty my cranks because I don't have the card, completely ignoring the fact that I am able to prove my purchase. Now they're ignoring me and I still have a set of snapped cranks. I've supported Odyssey for 5 years with complete trust towards their parts and warranty, and now when I finally break one of their parts they pretty much say "Well, that sucks". Has anyone else been having trouble warrantying their shit through odyssey? After this experience I'm done with all odyssey parts and want nothing to do with the company anymore.

|

12/3/2013 10:10 AM

They warrantied a damn brake cable because it blew out at the end... I didn't even have a receipt, they just said "We'll send you a new one right away." Fucking love Odyssey's warranty.

Even if they didn't have a warranty at all, I would still buy their parts because their parts are usually the most durable and smartest parts.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/3/2013 10:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 10:19 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

They warrantied a damn brake cable because it blew out at the end... I didn't even have a receipt, they just said "We'll send you a new one right away." Fucking love Odyssey's warranty.

Even if they didn't have a warranty at all, I would still buy their parts because their parts are usually the most durable and smartest parts.

That's what I'm saying! They used to back their shit without any questions.I love odysseys stuff but if they aren't down to support me when their products fail I'm not down to support them.

|

12/3/2013 10:32 AM

Its in their guidelines "no card, no warranty" you cant get upset because you dont have the warranty card so they won't warranty them.
they cant just break the rules for you and risk getting fired. Theyre only doing their job and doing it right.
instead of ranting about it, get ahold of the owner of Odyssey and talk with him about it (he cant get fired for voiding the warranty rules)

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


12/3/2013 10:35 AM

I don't understand why people feel entitled when their parts break... it's going to happen. You wouldn't crash a car into a wall and expect to get a new one would you? Anyway, just try to e-mail them again, e-mail everyone you can.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/3/2013 10:39 AM

I'd suggest calling them & speaking to a rep, I'm friends with a rep on Facebook & he's a good dude, He'll sort you out for sure! If You can call Full Factory Distribution & ask for Bobby!

|

12/3/2013 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 10:53 AM

As I said before, I've seen and heard of people warrantying with no card. I've also had my LBS (where I got the cranks) get a hold of odyssey and Nuno and they told me I should be covered even without the card. I'm sure you'd be kinda upset too if you were dealing with the same thing.

|

12/3/2013 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 10:47 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I don't understand why people feel entitled when their parts break... it's going to happen. You wouldn't crash a car into a wall and expect to get a new one would you? Anyway, just try to e-mail them again, e-mail everyone you can.

Well when they're hyped up with the famous "lifetime warranty on all 41 thermal parts" don't you kinda feel entitled to a replacement? Especially when you bought the cranks brand new.

|

12/3/2013 11:08 AM

I can see your point as far as that goes, and yes, I'm sure anyone would get aggravated. There are a lot of companies that decline a certain amount of warranty claims the first time. Not saying that is what happened, but it could be. Do what people have suggested, and without being a dick or cursing at them. Eventually you should see results from something. Have your lbs (where you bought them) contact them for warranty service. They may just want to hear from them instead of the 5,000 kids per week trying to get them to send them free parts.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/3/2013 11:11 AM

When I break shit I buy new shit , why would I want more shit that I know I've broke the same shit before ......time to buy something different

|

12/3/2013 11:17 AM

PBJSammitch wrote:

Well when they're hyped up with the famous "lifetime warranty on all 41 thermal parts" don't you kinda feel entitled to a replacement? Especially when you bought the cranks brand new.

Sunday said the same to me, No card no frame. I dont really care, I mean I don't have the card, but it proves this "great lifetime 5 star warranty" to be a bunch of shit. No different than fit, fly, s&m, mutiny, kink, anyone. No card no parts. I dont dislike either company, they still make good parts. You got the receipt you should get the cranks. I tried to get the warranty guy at sunday to send/sell me a warranty card so I could send it in for a new frame, he said no : /

|

12/3/2013 11:35 AM

Actually its lifetime warranty WITH the warranty card.
Yes, there has been cases in the past where they would warranty without cards. But now they filter warranties due to people taking advantage of the warranty aswell as they need some way to NOT warranty parts. Yes, they dont want to replace everybody's parts, because then they lose money. But they also cant ditch the warranty due to it being a big role in who they are. So they compromise and are now stricter on the warranty cards because, honestly, majority of people lose them or throw them away.

Dont come on the internet to diss on a company because YOU FAILED to comply with their rules.

You cant always expect to return something you bought from the store without the receipt. Same thing. This isnt Odysseys fault whatsoever. All the blame falls on you for losing the warranty card that is REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE WARRANTY

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


12/3/2013 11:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 11:38 AM

PBJSammitch wrote:

As I said before, I've seen and heard of people warrantying with no card. I've also had my LBS (where I got the cranks) get a hold of odyssey and Nuno and they told me I should be covered even without the card. I'm sure you'd be kinda upset too if you were dealing with the same thing.

Sounds like you should have your shop initiate the warranty, and if Nuno said it should be, you could call again and try to talk to him again.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/3/2013 1:22 PM

hmmm.... thats odd. because he the reps were working with me about some stuff, and i have no card of receipt...

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

12/3/2013 2:30 PM

I'm in no way dissing the company at all. As stated before, I love odyssey products and have a bunch of their parts.
I got a hold of Chris at the warranty department today and we had some miscommunication over email but things are cleared up now anyway, my receipt does work as proof of being the original owner.

|

12/3/2013 2:40 PM

You will have more luck talking to a rep, just call the warranty dept.

|

12/3/2013 3:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 3:54 PM

I think in the past year or so odyssey and sunday have been tightening up on their warranty and have stopped replacing parts as loosely as they used to. I remember a year or two ago they didn't care if you didn't have any proof of purchase, if you had a product of theirs that was snapped they replaced it. That said it's understandable since they can't be giving away free stuff right and left, they still have one of the best warranty's out there.

|

12/3/2013 4:13 PM

Fad3r wrote:

I think in the past year or so odyssey and sunday have been tightening up on their warranty and have stopped replacing parts as loosely as they used to. I remember a year or two ago they didn't care if you didn't have any proof of purchase, if you had a product of theirs that was snapped they replaced it. That said it's understandable since they can't be giving away free stuff right and left, they still have one of the best warranty's out there.

They always give you a hard time when you get at them via email they gave me a hard time with my fork and I had reciept/warranty card

|

12/3/2013 5:48 PM

someone in the warranty department probably got bitched at for doing warranties without having a card, so they stopped doing that and are now making it mandatory to have the card.

You can't honestly be mad about that, you should have sent the card in

|

12/3/2013 5:50 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

someone in the warranty department probably got bitched at for doing warranties without having a card, so they stopped doing that and are now making it mandatory to have the card.

You can't honestly be mad about that, you should have sent the card in

I agree... It's your fault man.

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545



on the legit list

35+ clean refs

12/3/2013 7:29 PM

Odyssey wouldn't warranty a pair of bars recently for me, they have went down hill like every other company in bmx its truly pathetic

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/3/2013 8:09 PM

everyone should take a screen shot of this and instagram it tag odyssey and tell them to give him new cranks

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/3/2013 8:12 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

everyone should take a screen shot of this and instagram it tag odyssey and tell them to give him new cranks

Why? Because he doesn't have the warranty card and their warranty clearly states "NOTE: Products must be registered for warranty replacements."


10/10, excellent idea, go for it!

|

12/3/2013 8:25 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

everyone should take a screen shot of this and instagram it tag odyssey and tell them to give him new cranks

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Why? Because he doesn't have the warranty card and their warranty clearly states "NOTE: Products must be registered for warranty replacements."


10/10, excellent idea, go for it!

some bmxer you are, if he has proof he bought them that should be more than enough

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/3/2013 8:28 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

some bmxer you are, if he has proof he bought them that should be more than enough

Make your own company and make warranty guidelines that state as long as they have proof of purchase then it can be warrantied, if you don't like how they do things. It's their policy, does it suck that they won't warranty his shit? Yes, but rules are rules. I'm gonna screenshot this thread and send it to Odyssey, maybe they'll have a laugh.

|

12/3/2013 8:40 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Why? Because he doesn't have the warranty card and their warranty clearly states "NOTE: Products must be registered for warranty replacements."


10/10, excellent idea, go for it!

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

some bmxer you are, if he has proof he bought them that should be more than enough

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Make your own company and make warranty guidelines that state as long as they have proof of purchase then it can be warrantied, if you don't like how they do things. It's their policy, does it suck that they won't warranty his shit? Yes, but rules are rules. I'm gonna screenshot this thread and send it to Odyssey, maybe they'll have a laugh.

wanna know something funny ive warranted hand me down odyssey parts before and didn't need a card at all, so yes please screen shot this and send it to them, let them know how many customers they are loosing because of this crap, odyssey doesn't even have the same meaning anymore to most of its long time customers who have done nothing but support their products, ive supported them for well over 7 year's and have told everyone about their great warranty, but i keep seeing crap like this i won't be buying anything odyssey again

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/3/2013 8:42 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

wanna know something funny ive warranted hand me down odyssey parts before and didn't need a card at all, so yes please screen shot this and send it to them, let them know how many customers they are loosing because of this crap, odyssey doesn't even have the same meaning anymore to most of its long time customers who have done nothing but support their products, ive supported them for well over 7 year's and have told everyone about their great warranty, but i keep seeing crap like this i won't be buying anything odyssey again

How do you loose a customer?

Illuminati 666 hail satan yolo swag 420 blaze it faggot.

|

12/3/2013 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2013 8:47 PM

Hail satan!!! Lets all get pentagram tattoos

|

12/3/2013 8:53 PM

Photo
|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/3/2013 9:03 PM

and ive drawn out almost all the boards major trolls

im going to pray for you guys because obviously something is wrong if you ride bikes but constantly put down fellow riders, i say lets stick up for this guy and instant negativity, but what you probably don't realize or even want to hear is i would stick up for any of you if you were in a similar situation

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit