Odyssey caliburs stuck

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2019 1:01 AM

I’ve been trying to get these pieces of shit out for the past hour and a half and I’ve tried everything from hitting them with a mallet and using the bolt as a crank puller to tapping the sprocket with my mallet to get the arm loose. No bike shops are open since it’s 1am so what should I do. I don’t wanna go to my local bike shop in the morning since they charge $30 for crank installation removal and $10 for BB installation/removal, making it an $80 project

|

smile

6/15/2019 1:57 AM

WD-40, blowtorch?

|

6/15/2019 2:18 AM

I'd recommend getting a proper crank arm puller (Odyssey sells one for $15). Kind of a bummer that they wouldn't included one...

|

6/15/2019 3:28 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

I'd recommend getting a proper crank arm puller (Odyssey sells one for $15). Kind of a bummer that they wouldn't included one...

They have one at my local bike shop but they don’t let anyone touch their tools because someone accidentally fucked up a chain breaker a while ago

|

smile

6/15/2019 4:14 AM

Use a lighter for some seconds and then hit it again ...

|

6/15/2019 4:49 AM

Bummer. Once you do get them off I’d recommend going with a set of 8 splines for easy install/removal.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

6/15/2019 8:42 AM

1. Did you lather the splines in grease before installing the Cranks?

2. 48-Spline cranks are not the best Cranks to install and try to take right back off. If they're fairly new Cranks, you may need too ride them for a handful of months to break in the splines.

3. Any crank will come off with a properly fitted crank puller and some whacks from a metal mallet.

4. Buy your own tools, then you won't have to worry about paying other people to use theirs.

If anything, it's a good thing that they fit that tight. Means they're less likely to develop wobble.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/15/2019 11:40 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Bummer. Once you do get them off I’d recommend going with a set of 8 splines for easy install/removal.

But I ride 9ft quarters sad

|

smile

6/15/2019 1:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2019 1:18 PM

Make some pasta. Strain the hot pasta water directly onto the crank spindle/arms. Remove by tapping gently with a non dead blow hammer.

Enjoy pasta as a celebratory crank arm removal meal.

|

6/15/2019 4:01 PM

Heat the crank while lowering the temperature of the spindle.
That should work like a charm.

How to achieve this though...that I do not know laughing

|