Odyssey clutch

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2015 8:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2015 8:46 AM

Seems to not be the perfect coaster after all?
Multiple people are having issues with wobble and the engagement mechanism, hopefully the issues get resolved instead of canning the whole project like eclat did with the blind

http://www.bikeguide.org/forum/index.php/topic,221108.0.html

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/8/2015 8:57 AM

When was the Blind "canned"?

Pretty sure they are still making/selling it?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/8/2015 11:39 AM

Dont think they are, they cant get the springs right as far as im aware.

|

9/9/2015 12:27 AM

I've said it'll be like the blind and everyone flipped shit and dick ride it because Odyssey

Fuck I even thought about buying it and got close but let's be real , 80% of people who ride a KHE coaster don't have problems with them nearly as much as designing a new concept coaster style or else it would have already been invented .

I was talking to a local pro who works at my bike shop and he told me to never buy a "V1" of anything because it always happens ( shit ) .

I'm not purposely talking crap to Odyssey or George , I'm just trying to put out the misconception of new ideas in BMX being risky . "If it ain't broke don't fix it" ?

He'll probably see this and all you crazy members will get all mad but I'm just ranting . George even mentioned a V2 Clutch which seems absurd considering it just got released

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/9/2015 6:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2015 6:17 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I've said it'll be like the blind and everyone flipped shit and dick ride it because Odyssey

Fuck I even thought about ...more

For the record there were and are issues with lots of the KHE spec'd coasters, but the fixes are relatively simple. The different brands mainly just come up with a shell based on KHE specs to "rebrand" it as their own. It's interesting that one brand to another (with essentially the same internals) has issues and the other doesn't, V1 or not.

Odyssey is one of about 5 brands who have completely started over on the freecoaster to aim to create something different, more user friendly, and more durable. (Ezra, Profile, Eclat, even Stolen had a different style).

There will always be bugs when trying something totally new, but as time goes on it will get more and more dialed in.

I agree to an extent on the never buying V1 of something, regardless of what it is, so bugs can be worked out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/9/2015 8:54 AM

Well then.....

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

9/9/2015 9:11 AM

How are you reading that thread as "multiple people" having issues with wobble and engagement? Its two people with a "very slight wobble" and one with a cracked adjuster (which seems bizarre but is an easy fix).

We have sold out the first batch of the hub (hundreds) and have maybe half a dozen hubs with a very slight wobble we need to get to the bottom of. Pick up ANY KHE type hub based wheel and give it a wobble and I bet you feel a worse wobble than we are hearing of here (on a tiny number of Clutch hubs) but is considered "normal" for that type of hub now...

I hope this makes sense.

smile
G.

|

9/9/2015 9:25 AM

never had a problem with anything odyssey. if i rode a coaster, id buy the clutch.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

9/9/2015 10:57 AM

I wish i still had my Reloader...that thing ruled until I trashed the springs when I took it apart and tried to rebuild it...at the time there were NONE left.

Bummer.

Hey George, anything that you know of laying around in the back of a warehouse as far as a reloader or Hazard Coaster?

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/9/2015 11:00 AM

We've sold a couple Clutches through the shop, and so far I'm quite impressed with them.

I sold one specifically to one of my customers who had to come in at least twice a month to replace bearings in his KHE style coasters. He's going to be the real test as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with George above, remember you tend to hear about problems a lot more than you hear about things going well.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

9/9/2015 11:21 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I wish i still had my Reloader...that thing ruled until I trashed the springs when I took it apart and tried to rebuild ...more

Found a bunch of reloaders a few years ago, they sold real fast on the odyssey store.

|

9/9/2015 11:26 AM

Photo

As far as buying V1 anything...some people will always be early adopters, it's part of their genetic make-up. Any innovator, regardless of product, needs to get the early adopters on board because it is their momentum that carries the product over the Chasm that separates success from failure.
|

9/10/2015 11:37 AM

We've sold dozens of them already and have yet to hear of any issues. I feel safe to say that George and Odyssey put a lot of time and effort into testing this set up.

www.albes.com

|