Odyssey feecoaster the v1 and v2

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2017 2:03 PM

Hey guys, i bought a odyssey clutch coaster in the beginning of this year, i rode it arround 8-9 months and it held up reasonable, it developed some woble. A friend got the same hub and also got this problem. But further as that it held up. So i recently decided to get the second version of the hub, but i couldn’t really find out what changed about it, apparently it got more slack and the upgraded to a full 14mm female axle. So i been riding it for almost a month and it’s nice. Today i took it apart to grease it up and to compare the v1 and v2 what really made them different. So the internals mostly stayed the same but the inside diameter of the driver got bigger (thats how they been able to make it 14mm) and the clutch became shorter (so it created more slack). The resistence meganism didnt change, nor did the bearing arrangement. I tried to put the v2 internals in the v1 and it wouldnt fit (just as odysset said). One strange thing i noticed on the v2 is that it didnt come with more slack out of the box, it had as much slack as the v1 but when i took it apart i saw that the ajustable slack was not on full slack, so you need to cam give it more slack than it has originally.
To finish this subject, i wouldnt recomment the v2 clutch if you got the v1 because its almost the same thing, but if you are wanting to buy this one, you should! Odyssey is a great company and really put allot of time in there products and are in my opinion the best in the game. Hope this helps some people who doing research on the v1/v2 clutch.

Here is a picture of the internals. (V2 is the right one)

Photo

|

Live fast, die young. Ride bmx till the end.

12/10/2017 6:52 PM

Looks like they changed the resistance piece. I bought a max slack washer for my v1 because the adjustable one broke

|

12/11/2017 2:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2017 2:10 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Looks like they changed the resistance piece. I bought a max slack washer for my v1 because the adjustable one broke

I looked at the resistence piece, but it looks the same. It looks like the resistance piece is different on the picture but thats because one is turned a little bit more.

|

11/30/2020 6:42 AM

So should I go with a v1? I want to try out a coaster because I’ve just been using cassette which is good for bowl and that instant response but want to see what it’s like. ?

|

11/30/2020 6:43 AM

Ha I know this is an old thread but hey I’m here so😂

|

11/30/2020 7:01 AM

hb wrote:

So should I go with a v1? I want to try out a coaster because I’ve just been using cassette which is good for bowl and that ...more

It won't matter to you if you're getting a good deal on a used V1 wheel. V2 is all your buying new right now. Id bet a V3 is released in the next 6-8 months though.

|

11/30/2020 7:05 AM

hb wrote:

So should I go with a v1? I want to try out a coaster because I’ve just been using cassette which is good for bowl and that ...more

jmz313 wrote:

It won't matter to you if you're getting a good deal on a used V1 wheel. V2 is all your buying new right now. Id bet a V3 is ...more

I’ve got a deal on a v1 laced to a hazard that’s used for 200 also can get a v1 brand new just the hub for 150. Do you think either are a good option?

|

11/30/2020 1:27 PM

hb wrote:

I’ve got a deal on a v1 laced to a hazard that’s used for 200 also can get a v1 brand new just the hub for 150. Do you think ...more

Go for the brand new one, if the parts are worn on the used wheel you will need to pay up to 100 to get it fixed. If you buy a new one for 150 and a new rim for 50 you are sure its 100%. It can be harder to find v1 parts but they are still around.

|