Odyssey grandstand alloy pedals

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2018 10:34 AM

So I bought the odyssey grandstand alloy pedals and I want to loosen them from how tight they are from the factory and since they have a plastic cap on the end to loosen them I can’t get the plastic cap off with a needle nose pliers I just keep bending the spots to put the pliers. does anyone have any ideas for me to try to loosen them?

|

5/22/2018 10:50 AM

i always use a wood screw and a screwdriver, screw it in a bit and the grab onto the rest of it with some pliers and pull it out, it leaves a small hole but it doesnt really matter

|

Hmmm

5/22/2018 10:52 AM

Just let it happen. Before you know it, they'll be annoyingly rattly.

|

5/22/2018 11:02 AM

Yes after you crash a few times they will loosen up.

Also just grab the end caps with those pliers and twist back and forth they will come out.

|

5/22/2018 11:31 AM

IMO never news with the bearings on unsealed pedals..they are the biggest pain in the ass to get perfect ..more than it's worth..whats wrong with them being a little tight. All pedals are a little tight when you get them.

|

5/22/2018 12:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2018 12:32 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

IMO never news with the bearings on unsealed pedals..they are the biggest pain in the ass to get perfect ..more than it's worth..whats wrong with them being a little tight. All pedals are a little tight when you get them.

Don't Grandstands run on bushings?

I find working on unsealed pedals quite nice; once you know what you're doing and you've done it a few times, it's really quite easy.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/22/2018 12:53 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

I find working on unsealed pedals quite nice; once you know what you're doing and you've done it a few times, it's really quite easy.

Yes, Grandstands are bushings, you can adjust them though. Same cap and double nut deal.

|

5/22/2018 1:39 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

I just have such a hard time locking the nuts together...how do you guys do it

|

5/22/2018 4:13 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

I just have such a hard time locking the nuts together...how do you guys do it

I haven't had to deal with unsealed in a long time as I've been on JCPCs for a few years now but as long as there's a keyed washer between the nuts, they'll lock together with by just tightening the top/backing the bottom one off.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/22/2018 4:18 PM

Pedals spin better when theres weight on em IE while pedaling. Dont bother.

|