Odyssey keyboard grips

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2019 4:15 AM

Has anyone have or rode these? I recently got a pair a week ago and spent the whole weekend riding and they messed my hands up so bad I’ve had the v1s last year too and my calluses was cut open and had cuts everywhere. Never had this problem with other grips I don’t know why they’re so hard I’m probably going to have to boil them because I can’t ride for a week now

|

5/13/2019 4:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2019 4:26 AM

Take them to your local bike shop and get them to boil them for you.

|

5/13/2019 5:16 AM

They’re far too thick

|

5/13/2019 6:09 AM

.pegless. wrote:

They’re far too thick

I know right but I like how they feel and look just wish they were a bit softer

|

5/13/2019 6:11 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Take them to your local bike shop and get them to boil them for you.

You’re funny man

|

5/13/2019 6:56 AM

Get mushroom grips

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/13/2019 7:06 AM

.pegless. wrote:

They’re far too thick

orangebmx907 wrote:

You like the way they look hidden behind your cut-up hands?

Get a set of Hoders and fahgetabowdit

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/13/2019 8:09 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If hoders came with flanges....FAHGEDABOWDIT.

|

5/13/2019 8:24 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I’m boiling them if it doesn’t work I’ll get hoders

|

5/13/2019 2:09 PM

They belong in front of computers, not grips. Not a great grip IMO.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

5/13/2019 4:08 PM

I've always liked Aaron's grips, the OG keyboard were great, I ran the boss grips, and now I have a v2 emoji grips waiting for new bars soon.

|

fack off

5/14/2019 1:53 AM

orangebmx907 wrote:

You like the way they feel? I’m confused about this post then.

|

5/14/2019 6:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2019 6:43 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

You like the way they feel? I’m confused about this post then.

They feel good but they’re hard as shit for my hands I was wondering if anyone else with these grips felt the same way too. You always wanna hate on other people’s threads

|

5/14/2019 6:50 AM

orangebmx907 wrote:

They feel good but they’re hard as shit for my hands I was wondering if anyone else with these grips felt the same way too. You always wanna hate on other people’s threads

No hate here mate, was legitimately confused. I didn’t think grips that “messed up your hands so bad” and gave you cuts would feel good. Just mucking about with the boiling thing too, no offence meant.

|

5/14/2019 6:59 AM

orangebmx907 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

If hoders came with flanges....FAHGEDABOWDIT.

o ma goodness... people still ride with flanges? lol

|

5/14/2019 7:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2019 7:01 AM

SupaShawn wrote:

Love a nice flange.

|

5/14/2019 7:07 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

No hate here mate, was legitimately confused. I didn’t think grips that “messed up your hands so bad” and gave you cuts would feel good. Just mucking about with the boiling thing too, no offence meant.

It’s alright, I don’t know how to explain it I think the grips have a nice texture and feel when softly grabbing it (Pause) but they’re too hard and rough while you’re doing tricks causing your hands to get cut and calluses. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem like I do so I came to a conclusion I’d have to boil them

|

5/14/2019 10:43 AM

If it’s not a mushroom pattern (or variation of) I’m not interested! Can’t beat a classic.

|

5/14/2019 11:55 AM

SupaShawn wrote:

Yep. I prefer them.

ODI Longnecks are my preferred grip.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/14/2019 5:05 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Yep. I prefer them.

ODI Longnecks are my preferred grip.

Feels wrong to me with no flange. I’m currently on the odyssey dugans. Really really comfy.

|

5/14/2019 5:48 PM

Primo Cali grips for life for me. I’ve ridden Odi longnecks, Hoders, and Primos are the only ones I literally bought 4 extra pairs i loved them so much; in case they quit making them or something.....

|

5/14/2019 5:48 PM

One of my buds I ride with often has the keyboard grips and he really likes them, was talking about how much more he liked them than other grips he’d tried...I gave em a squeeze and I can totally see how they could blister up your hands, my first thought was wow if I put these on my bike my hands would be raw and bubbled by the end of the week...I’ve had a pair of hoder grips on for the past 9 months or so and haven’t torn a callus off in a nice while...buddy hasn’t complained about that problem but maybe he doesn’t grip the bars that tight I dunno sometimes he doesn’t ride all that hard...they do have an interesting “texture” though...also seem like they’d be slippery when whet...oh yeah come to think of it my bud wears gloves so he could probably use the grips off a Barbie bike and be ok with it. If I had to eat a bmx grip it’d probably be one of those keyboards though especially if they had like a nice clear purple or clear orange I’d probably buy a pair just to chew on.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

5/14/2019 5:56 PM

ambisketcherous wrote:

One of my buds I ride with often has the keyboard grips and he really likes them, was talking about how much more he liked them than other grips he’d tried...I gave em a squeeze and I can totally see how they could blister up your hands, my first thought was wow if I put these on my bike my hands would be raw and bubbled by the end of the week...I’ve had a pair of hoder grips on for the past 9 months or so and haven’t torn a callus off in a nice while...buddy hasn’t complained about that problem but maybe he doesn’t grip the bars that tight I dunno sometimes he doesn’t ride all that hard...they do have an interesting “texture” though...also seem like they’d be slippery when whet...oh yeah come to think of it my bud wears gloves so he could probably use the grips off a Barbie bike and be ok with it. If I had to eat a bmx grip it’d probably be one of those keyboards though especially if they had like a nice clear purple or clear orange I’d probably buy a pair just to chew on.

TL;DR: ^This guy frequently eats BMX grips...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/14/2019 11:27 PM

Wear gloves...

I use odi longneck xl's and they feel great with or without gloves. During summer it's a must for me, my hands get so sweaty.

Longneck xls last a long time and feel pretty awesome when they break in.

|

5/15/2019 2:10 PM

Yeah I rode them with and without gloves the keys fell off quite quickly though but this is when they first brought them out so they might have improved them, they felt weird but they were alright just didn't last long, my favourite grips are the Fly finos but they dont make them anymore so I'm with ODI Long xl's they are fine but just that little bit to thick gotta wear them in some.

|