Odyssey springfield

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2014 11:12 AM

So my brake springs are kinda useless as they keep bending at the top, and i keep bending them back but they're too weak to stay like that now. I wanna get a simple brake that's easy to live with, that is simple and doesn't come cross many problems that is fairly cheap. Then i came across the Odyssey springfield.
Is it any good? whats it like and how will it stay good for

|

2/23/2014 12:04 PM

The Springfield is the easiest brake to install for sure. You basically just slap it on and it works. A lot of guys like it for that and it is inexpensive and works pretty well. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

Of course there are other brakes out there that are better performance wise, but the Springfield is pretty hassle free.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/23/2014 12:13 PM

What he said

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/23/2014 12:37 PM

i had the springfield, and it works great
its a nice and easy setup

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/23/2014 1:39 PM

Yeah, i read some reviews and stuff and i heard it being easy to install etc.
But does it last a long time? idk what the springs like if it stretches too easy and it loses tension or something whats it like in the long run?

|

2/23/2014 5:16 PM

Andyb3 wrote:

Yeah, i read some reviews and stuff and i heard it being easy to install etc.
But does it last a long time? idk what the ...more

worst comes to worst, youll just have to replace a couple springs later down the line... don't sound half bad man

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/23/2014 5:19 PM

I had a set a while bad its a good brake the springs i think were the same as the ones the evos come with and worked good and lasted a good amount of time

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/26/2014 2:25 PM

Ah klkl cheers guys

|

2/26/2014 4:11 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I had a set a while bad its a good brake the springs i think were the same as the ones the evos come with and worked good and ...more

If you really just said that Springfield and Evos use the same springs, im gonna reach through this here computer and smack the shit out of you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/26/2014 4:34 PM

I just installed a set of spring fields today on a customers bike, so easy and they come with an extra tension spring.
I had a set but sold them before using them.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/26/2014 9:27 PM

listen its not the spring that does the stopping power, you do that, the spring just is a way to keep the pads from hitting the rim when not in use, From what I can see of the brakes, it's just a common spring, why if it wares out, I'm sure you could get a replacement from any hardware store that carries springs that is similar in size, and spring...

on another note, I too want to get the Springfield so I don't have to deal with squeaky brakes. seems like they automatically center themselves as long as they get greased and put on right.... so they shouldn't have any squeak long as the pads are aligned correctly

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/26/2014 11:19 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I had a set a while bad its a good brake the springs i think were the same as the ones the evos come with and worked good and ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If you really just said that Springfield and Evos use the same springs, im gonna reach through this here computer and smack ...more

This, the Springfield has a completely different spring design to any other brake out there.

|