Oil under grips?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/30/2011 5:10 AM

So I accidently got some wd40 or something under my grip and its slippy as hell around the bars, any ideas on how to fix it? Really don't wanna have to buy some more grips

|

9/30/2011 5:24 AM

How do you get Wd-40 on your grips on accident? Anyway Wd-40 is a water displacement, so you can just leave it alone for awhile depending on how much you "accidentally" put on, and it will dry and your grips will stay in place, if you want it off, take your grips off and wash them, then let them dry for a few hours or dry them with a blow dryer, then put them back on when dry.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

9/30/2011 5:32 AM

^this^ or air compressor and dry them bitches real fast.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/30/2011 6:30 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

^this^ or air compressor and dry them bitches real fast.

air compressor ftw

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

9/30/2011 6:35 AM

I hate my life without an air compressor although i found a pretty good solution. Whiskey sour mix makes an awesome grip glue hahah goes on when when and its so sticky the grips dry in like 5 minutes and dont move at all. Yay for being an alcoholic!

|

9/30/2011 7:21 AM

Bmxican406 wrote:

I hate my life without an air compressor although i found a pretty good solution. Whiskey sour mix makes an awesome grip glue hahah goes on when when and its so sticky the grips dry in like 5 minutes and dont move at all. Yay for being an alcoholic!

How did you find out about that working?

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

9/30/2011 7:49 AM

Brother came up to my place with the shittiest grips ive ever seen and i had a spare pair laying around. The sesh had already started and i didnt want to use water and i only had whiskey or sour mix haha i wasnt about to waste whiskey!

|

9/30/2011 9:14 AM

i sometimes use my mouth to blow em on, as gay as it looks, just make sure noones around.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

9/30/2011 9:16 AM

Hair spray FTW

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

9/30/2011 9:21 AM

anyone actually ever use the grip glue dans sales?

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

9/30/2011 9:23 AM

Take the grip off, clean the bar area and the grip, spray some hairspray on that beast, then put the grip back on.

|

9/30/2011 10:38 AM

spray can clear coat

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

9/30/2011 12:29 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Hair spray FTW

this

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

9/30/2011 1:20 PM

ummm by now it should be dry... and itll be stickier and wontr slip

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

12/4/2011 11:17 AM

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

yes it actually workds good but make sure u get grips that last awhile

|

12/4/2011 11:18 AM

take the grips off wipe the grips and bars good leave it for around a day and put them back on use an air compressor to put on grips

|

12/4/2011 11:24 AM

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

jmike spinner and some other pros use it and they cut there grips straight down the middle length wise then just glue the m on

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

12/4/2011 12:37 PM

i use wd 40 to put mineon and after a night of drying I never get throttle grip, so if it is wd 40 just leave them alone

|

If you were a woman Id bash your skull =)

12/4/2011 1:02 PM

peel up your grip while its still on the bar and wipe the bottom with your hand or a cloth and just do that to each side and that should work

|

12/4/2011 4:30 PM

hair spray or odi lock on grips are the way to go

|

12/4/2011 4:34 PM

WD40 actually makes your grips slip on and then stick firm, so that can't be what you got under them. Most likely water. just roll em back and the rubber underneath as well as your bars.

|