Or
Buy complete

My opinion are

A Colony Endeavour 2018
Or
A cult os frame

|

11/15/2018 2:03 AM

It depends. Do you want to buy a colony endeavour 2018, or a cult os frame?

|

11/15/2018 2:10 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

What ones better am very new to bmx

|

11/15/2018 2:15 AM

Well since you're very new get the colony it'll be cheaper than building a custom and Im going to assume you arent going to be going hard on it for a while so it should last as well

|

11/15/2018 2:37 AM

This is what is ">best!

Joking aside, I recommend you build your own. But take your time to research everything.

This way you'll learn more about the bike and stuff.

|

11/15/2018 2:40 AM

am-shaegar wrote:

This is what is ">best!

Joking aside, I recommend you build your own. But take your time to research everything.

This way you'll learn more about the bike and stuff.

do you think this frame would be good enough

|

11/15/2018 3:24 AM

What's your budget?

|

11/15/2018 3:38 AM

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/15/2018 3:42 AM

You can buy a second hand custom, or two, for the price of a half decent complete. But, the mongoose L100 is pretty much the most cost effective bike really. It's definitely the best on paper for the money. You may need to upgrade a couple bits fairly quickly, but other than that they're good. A few people on here have bought them and been happy with them.

|

11/15/2018 3:42 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

oldcranksnewtricks wrote:

What ones better am very new to bmx

The advice you’ve gotten from the guys on here is pretty solid.

|

11/15/2018 4:10 AM

If you're getting a frame used, you're going to need to get all of the other parts as well, which could run up the cost for building the bike. I would recommend trying to find an entire bike used, or a complete bike. Especially since you are new. Building up a bike can be a huge headache if you haven't done it before. If you've never rode, you won't know what it's supposed to feel like (what should move/what shouldn't move/should this part wiggle?/etc.) It'll save you some frustration to get a complete bike, either new or used. If you go with a used bike, you will most likely end up with better parts (albeit, they are used) but as a beginner it doesn't really matter.

Good luck with your search!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/15/2018 4:22 AM

Custom is much better but also much more expensive. Depends how much money you have and whether you are going to stick with it really

|

11/15/2018 5:14 AM

Your post is incomplete. What is your budget? What are your talents (are you mechanically inclined? Have you ever built a bike before? Etc...)? Are you a beginner (BMX)?

I'm guessing that if you are asking this question, you should buy a new complete or a used custom/complete. A custom will cost you much more when it's all said & done. But it will, most likely, be a better bike than the complete you were looking at. BUT, will you need that much bike? What are your plans for the bike? What's your weight, height, age?

|

11/15/2018 6:11 AM

Rabbe wrote:

What's your budget?

450 ish

|

11/15/2018 6:14 AM

Rabbe wrote:

What's your budget?

450 ish

The only way you are going to get into a complete custom at that price is used. @ 450, you might find it even more difficult to find a used custom in the size & geo you want. It can be done, but unless you have decent parts laying around, you will have a hard time putting together a bike at that price & it would be virtually impossible to do with everything being new. If you want new, you are going to be looking at a complete.

|

11/15/2018 6:15 AM

get the complete

|

fack off

11/15/2018 6:17 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

If you're getting a frame used, you're going to need to get all of the other parts as well, which could run up the cost for building the bike. I would recommend trying to find an entire bike used, or a complete bike. Especially since you are new. Building up a bike can be a huge headache if you haven't done it before. If you've never rode, you won't know what it's supposed to feel like (what should move/what shouldn't move/should this part wiggle?/etc.) It'll save you some frustration to get a complete bike, either new or used. If you go with a used bike, you will most likely end up with better parts (albeit, they are used) but as a beginner it doesn't really matter.

Good luck with your search!

I worry about cracked frames

|

11/15/2018 6:20 AM

Rabbe wrote:

What's your budget?

|

11/15/2018 7:31 AM

As the guys have said, with 450 go for a complete unless you find something used that is spot on or close.

|

11/15/2018 8:39 AM

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/15/2018 9:00 AM

You can easily get a £1000 second hand custom build for a lot less then £450. I've got a bike I'm selling for £100 and although the frame is cheap, everything else is good. It's all a little outdated and ratty looking, but it's only £100. Build the parts up onto that cult frame and you've got a decent starter bike. I'm not trying to sell you the bike, just an example that it's easy to build a really good bike out of second hand parts. There's loads of groups on Facebook, loads of people selling real good bikes for very little money. I noticed that cult frame is being sold by Craig? He's a good guy, he's always got parts for sale. He could probably build you a good bike for £200

|

11/15/2018 1:37 PM

Get the mongoose.. In 20yrs time you can sell it on here for $1000

|

11/15/2018 8:48 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You can buy a second hand custom, or two, for the price of a half decent complete. But, the mongoose L100 is pretty much the most cost effective bike really. It's definitely the best on paper for the money. You may need to upgrade a couple bits fairly quickly, but other than that they're good. A few people on here have bought them and been happy with them.

I will say the 2019 seems to have cut some corners. I can see they went back to a male front axle which might make it difficult to add pegs like the 2017. Not sure if they decided to reuse the non-standard headtube from the 2018...hope they didn't.

|

11/15/2018 9:38 PM

Get the cheapest bike that will last you a good while for now. If you are new, you still dont know if you are going to commit to the lifestyle, risk of injuring yourself constantly and investing financially into something you are not likely to get your money back for if you decide to sell the bike later on.

I recommend the Mongoose L100 because I have put them through their paces and they kept up. I dont go big but I am harder on my bikes than most people I know.

You can get the 2018 in burgandy on amazon for 250.00 at the moment. The 2019 models are like 280 right now. You will get a new bike with no hidden damage from some shady guy trying to sell you "like new!" Parts with hairline fractures.

The 2018 L100 is compatible with all standard bmx parts besides the headset. The headset is a bit smaller but easily found online if anything breaks but mongoose would most likely send out a replacement for free.

The rear hub is good quality, the frame is good quality, the fork is decent, the bars are decent, the cranks are awesome, tires are not the best, pedals are not the best, stem is not the best, grips are great, brakes are smooth, seat is awesome, sprocket is decent, chain is standard, rims are decent, hardware is not the best, bearings are good.

The spoke nipples are slightly larger than standard. They use the red park tool spoke tool.

You will most likely switch parts out with better parts (for you) as you gain preference. "I want this to be longer, this to be shorter and my tires to be lighter."...etc.

When you buy a custom, its like you are adopting someone elses full grown dog. You had no part in raising the dog and all the quirks are already there.

When you buy a complete, they sort of start you in the middle. They dont usually outfit a complete with 180mm cranks or 160mm cranks, they go for the middle ground, a cool 175mm. They dont mount a 20t sprocket or a 30t sprocket, they pop on a 25t. They dont go with 11" bars or 7" bars, since 8-9" bars are the norm.

Middle of the road is a good place to start since you can get a feel for things and carve your own path as you gain experience.

If you go with the more "premium" companies with 450.00 in your pocket, they are going to try and sell you a great looking bike that is typically made inferior to make their flagship completes seem better.

Mongoose is a huge company and they can sell cheaper because they mass-produce. Most people see this as a bad thing but they have made it big. Mongoose is a household name and often a childs first bike. Im not saying Mongoose currently competes with Sunday, S&M, Wethepeople, etc. Top-tier completes but many times the L100 beats out the lower end completes that just carry their companies trusted name and nothing else.

Thats my 2 dollars worth of words...

Whatever you choose, ride it and enjoy it. We will help you regardless.

|

11/16/2018 7:39 AM

I worry about cracked frames

Youre not gonna be cracking frames for a while dude. Get a complete.

|

11/16/2018 8:18 AM

As someone who tried buying used bikes before buying a new complete because the used bikes were a pain in the ass and expensive to fix up, buy a new complete.

|

11/17/2018 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2018 8:32 AM

Just picked up a 2011 WTP Trust in amazing condition for a kid for Christmas. Cost £115. Used complete or used custom would be my recommendation. Lots of clueless parents selling hardly used completes for pennies. Just expect to replace a couple of parts and adjust a few things. Considering that you are talking about building a bike, I doubt this will be an issue for you.

|