Old....

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2014 2:40 AM

I just started riding again at 34 and i love it but i feel like a bit of a douche sometimes. Anyone else start out late in the game?

|

It only hurts when i walk. Better ride then...

3/11/2014 3:24 AM

Same, but I was always riding on and off but mainly mountain bikes and this year I decided I wanted to get back into BMX but everyone I meet is under 18, I go riding around with my girls and everyone looks at me like im too old to be riding a small bike, im use to getting stares because I also skateboard but its just really annoying, its not my fault I still look young and in good shape and they got fat and uncoordinated

|

3/11/2014 5:08 AM

I rode bmx thru all my teens pretty much, then didnt ride for 10 yrs due to health reasons and started again age 30 a couple of years ago. Its all good, I'm better now than when I was 18, progressed loads these last 18 months.

At first I felt a little uncomfortable being "older" and still tricking a bmx but then I realised I really couldn't give 2 fucks what anyone else thinks...fuck em! Bmx is my thing, I wasn't going to let the opinions of others prevent me from doing something I've been in love with since age 12...nah mean?

Look at jamie bestwick he's 42 and still kills it big.

Live ya life bro, have fun & fuck what anyone else thinks. Welcome back.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/11/2014 5:27 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I rode bmx thru all my teens pretty much, then didnt ride for 10 yrs due to health reasons and started again age 30 a couple ...more

Thats it hey!

I have moments where i feel like i should just bail but then i ride and my whole outlook shifts. Ima just keep on building skills and flow.

Thanks for the words man.

|

3/11/2014 5:47 AM

Fuck yeah!

|

3/11/2014 5:59 AM

What soulrebel said. I'm 41 and could not care any less what others think of me riding the kind of bike I choose to ride. It's my life.

|

3/11/2014 6:21 AM

I started at 13, and now I am 28, so I feel ya about the feeling odd thing, I do a bunch of "weird by todays standards" tricks, and overall don't care to spend the whole day doing nothing but riding a ledge.

Also I prefer ramps over street, and apparently that is "lame" around here.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/11/2014 6:29 AM

Yup. I'm 41as well. Have ridden bikes most of my life, whether it was BMX or mountain, I always was fooling around on them. Im a big kid, and not afraid to show it. What do the "normal" dads do? I'm not afraid to break that mold. Most of my riding is with my 4 & 5 year old kids, but the 14 yo is spending less time on Xbox now, and we've been riding a bit more. As to the stares, I don't look my age, and IDGAF anyway. Besides, the dudes may be looking at you smiling, but so are their girlfriends, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/11/2014 7:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2014 7:20 AM

Im only 19 but look older and i still get people that look at mr funny especially when i ride around with a friend amd they stop at the park i get weird look from like mom that have their kids there...i really dont care what they think, if they keep staring i just ask if they want my number

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/11/2014 7:18 AM

Who gives a fuck? An adult riding a bmx is really cool if you ask me.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/11/2014 11:07 AM

We ride because we want to ride, even though we're old. I'm 34 and just getting back into riding again after a long time away, and I saw some of those odd looks the last few days while we were riding all over town. I dismiss the looks and go about having fun, after all, that is why we decided to start riding again, isn't it? I will tell you one thing that makes me feel old...I'm so sore after a few days of pretty good riding. I don't remember this part of riding when I was younger.

|

3/11/2014 11:15 AM

This summer is my 14th year riding bmx and these days most kids at the park think I ride flatland because I ride with a taller seat......I wish I could shred the flatland that shits hard

|

3/11/2014 12:46 PM

I'm a month away from 24 so I'm not as old as you but I usually find myself being the oldest person at any given session. I only feel a little bad when kids 10 years younger than me could do stuff I can't do but fuck it, who cares. Age is just a number, if it's still fun for you then keep riding man.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

3/11/2014 6:50 PM

T-rider wrote:

Who gives a fuck? An adult riding a bmx is really cool if you ask me.

This, most the guys i ride with are in their 20s or 30s and they're alot cooler then the little ass hat kids that ride around at the park

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/11/2014 8:32 PM

I'm the same age as you, and just started back up last year from after a looooong break. I only felt weird for a little while until I started getting back into the swing of things and progressing on tricks I used to not be able to do. I wear a helmet and sunglasses when I ride, and am not a tall guy so I probably look like a kid to people anyway. Just have fun with it man, and welcome back!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/15/2014 7:56 PM

Don't let it bother you being old. The only thing different now is you will most likely have the nicest bike wherever you go, and random kids will ask you to trade your parts for their beat parts.
I'm almost 40, can't do much on my bike and have no issue being the oldest guy no matter where I "ride".
Bmx is about your attitude as much as anything else. If you're not enjoying it you're doing it wrong

|

3/15/2014 8:36 PM

Young until you die dude.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

3/16/2014 10:34 AM

genesis wrote:

Don't let it bother you being old. The only thing different now is you will most likely have the nicest bike wherever you go, ...more

Hahha this.

Also it might take a little longer to get up after a crash.

But yea, I am the oldest around my area that rides for the most part, my bike is always the least trashed, and rides the smoothest. It's only weird if you are making it weird.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/16/2014 1:27 PM

genesis wrote:

Don't let it bother you being old. The only thing different now is you will most likely have the nicest bike wherever you go, ...more

that lol. KIds will be jealouse.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/16/2014 1:51 PM

I'm 45 and still riding. I get into most indoor parks for free? I ask for a senior citizen discount and they just let me through. Haha. But most of all the younger riders show a lot of respect just ask to many questions.. Like why do you wear pad and helmet ? I just tell them I've seen to many kids like you bust their heads wide open! And they just look at me weird

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

3/16/2014 3:40 PM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

I'm 45 and still riding. I get into most indoor parks for free? I ask for a senior citizen discount and they just let me ...more

thats cool

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/16/2014 4:16 PM

I'm twenty and getting back into it. I feel old at the skatepark

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

3/16/2014 4:21 PM

mitchovich wrote:

I'm twenty and getting back into it. I feel old at the skatepark

I wish I was 20 again, every time I fall off my bike it takes me like 5 min to get up off the ground lol!

|

3/16/2014 5:41 PM

Thanks guys,

Since I started this thread i've been riding like no ones there. Lovin it so much although it takes me about a week to get over riding 3 days in a row hahaha.

Keep the good vibes coming!

Peace.

|

3/17/2014 3:48 AM

rocks4brain wrote:

We ride because we want to ride, even though we're old. I'm 34 and just getting back into riding again after a long time away, ...more

I'm hearing ya man. My last ride was last wednesday and i was sore till yesterday! Hahaha

|

3/17/2014 3:49 AM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

I'm 45 and still riding. I get into most indoor parks for free? I ask for a senior citizen discount and they just let me ...more

Hahaha classic. I'll try that one fo sho!

|

3/17/2014 3:50 AM

genesis wrote:

Too true man

|

3/17/2014 5:15 AM

yukudufukuda wrote:

Thanks guys,

Since I started this thread i've been riding like no ones there. Lovin it so much although it takes me about a ...more

Work out more, don't let BMX be your only activity!

During spring summer and fall I take my road bike out and put 50-80 miles a week on it typically. This year I will knock out my first century (100 miles in one trip) ride.

But outside of that, hit the gym a little. You will work into better shape in a reasonable amount of time.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/17/2014 9:21 AM

yukudufukuda wrote:

Thanks guys,

Since I started this thread i've been riding like no ones there. Lovin it so much although it takes me about a ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Work out more, don't let BMX be your only activity!

During spring summer and fall I take my road bike out and put 50-80 miles ...more

that

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER