Old dog......older tricks!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2012 1:32 AM

So one of dads friends that he use to ride with back in the day came by, my dad had been telling me how this guy use to be flatland expert and was sponsered and all that. So I talked him into trying some shiz on my bike......the guy was doing nose mannys within 10 mins on the bike,(i still can't do em) and then was doing some Terry Adams type shiz and finished off by riding into a cherry picker! I had never even seen that trick before. Of course I'm not really into flatland either. But I figure if a guy that hadn't touched a bike in over 20 years could do all that he did then there is hope for me yet! Lol

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

8/29/2012 9:51 AM

BMX is timeless.

|

8/29/2012 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2012 10:07 AM

My dad has a buddy who rode flatland for Standard back in 1994 and 1995, he's the guy who brought the Standard brand name to the Northeast (NY, PA, NJ). His brother owned a bicycle shop in Allentown (outside Philly), if i can remember the name i'll post it.

anyway, that guy still rides flatland and he has to be nearly 45 years old by now because he was almost 30 in '95.

|

8/29/2012 12:05 PM

sbc785 wrote:

My dad has a buddy who rode flatland for Standard back in 1994 and 1995, he's the guy who brought the Standard brand name to the Northeast (NY, PA, NJ). His brother owned a bicycle shop in Allentown (outside Philly), if i can remember the name i'll post it.

anyway, that guy still rides flatland and he has to be nearly 45 years old by now because he was almost 30 in '95.

Yea my dads friend was sponsered by General Bikes (dont think their still around) and he said his bike weighed a ton,but yet he could do whatever he wanted with it. That should be a lesson to all the weight whores. But it was just uncanny the balance he had doing nose manny 360s,flat 3's;etc etc. I was a little shocked he could still do all that shiz, now I really believe my dad when talks about all the stuff he could do back in the day.

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

8/29/2012 2:05 PM

a heavy bike is alright to use for Flatland, not street or dirt where a light biker makes it easier to handle.

|

8/29/2012 2:37 PM

my dad can still bunny hop tabletop like a boss.

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

8/29/2012 2:42 PM

my dad can't even kick his leg over the seat of a bike...he was a skater since the 80's anyway

|

8/29/2012 2:51 PM

Must be muscle memory, thats probably why he can do all that. My dad cant even ride a bmx bike-_- but if you throw him on a mtb ive seen him go 50+ miles and stop like once

|

Follow me on Instagram! @marlozorman