Old new guy

Related:
Create New Tag

11/15/2013 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2013 3:40 PM

Whats up guys from Morongo Valley Ca!

I was tossing the idea around of racing BMX just like the old days..

Its been at least 10 years since I last rode a bmx bike. Im getting out of MX so I don't think Ill be that bad off but I really am out of touch with the hardware side of things.. I don't even know what bike to buy! Or what class to race in..

Im 6'4 210 lbs.. 28yrs trying to loose some of that.. My last bike was a Proline..

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks Again.. -Scooba Steve out!

|

11/16/2013 3:33 AM

You're 6'4?

You'll need perfect 10's or even 11's

You'll also need a really big frame 21" +

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

11/16/2013 5:25 AM

He's getting back into racing, not building a freestyle bike. A Redline Flight xxl or carbon flight xxl will be perfect for him, depending on what he wants to spend. Those are both race ready out of the box, and great looking bikes as well. And you should be able to get a 2013 model at a reduced price, since the 2014's just dropped.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/16/2013 8:53 AM

I'd say to avoid Carbon. Carbon finer whit is meant really for lighter people, and to get the appropriate amount for you, you'd spend an assload just to save a few ounces.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

11/16/2013 9:19 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

You're 6'4?

That's not true at all, some 6' 4" people ride 8" bars.

|

11/16/2013 12:55 PM

Id like to spend 3-600 if possible. I dont want carbon costs to damn much.

Is there a redline like the Proline I used to race that would fit and not cost a Grand?

I just want to have fun and not break the damn bike.. Dang if I could find a mid 2000s proline xl that would probally work...

|

11/16/2013 1:08 PM

Cl is probably your best bet. No bike really holds it value for long, and even the flight xxl is 1300, which is still cheaper than a lot of custom bikes guys have on here.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/17/2013 12:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2013 12:26 AM

FuckYoCult wrote:

I'd say to avoid Carbon. Carbon finer whit is meant really for lighter people, and to get the appropriate amount for you, you'd spend an assload just to save a few ounces.

They make carbon fiber monocoque ferrari and Lamborghini chassis, I think it should be fine, that crap is some of the strongest crap out there. But it also depends on how thick the manufacturer layers the carbon fiber. It all varies really.

|

11/17/2013 11:36 AM

CF is cool but I cant afford it..

|

11/17/2013 12:42 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Actually carbon is adjusted and beefed up (if done correctly) for most weights.

I was 240 lbs riding a FULL CARBON 29er mtb this spring. Not a single issue.

I have ridden FULL CARBON road bikes like they are mountain bikes without any issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2013 12:50 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

You're 6'4?

BMX_Forever wrote:

That's not true at all, some 6' 4" people ride 8" bars.

This. I'm 6'6 and ride 8.625. Fuck bars over 9"

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine