Old school set up with new school parts

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2016 4:14 AM

Thinking. about building. a trails bike with banana. seat on a custom. BuildPhoto
Ne

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

7/20/2016 5:36 AM

I am wondering where you would get a frame like that with "new school" strength? Are you gonna have someone custom build the frame? Reminds me of my old Huffy Thunder Road...which actually never saw a trail in it's life....I saved that for my first Mongoose Supergoose

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

7/20/2016 6:04 AM

do it!!!!!!

|

It’s all bmx

7/20/2016 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2016 2:53 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I am wondering where you would get a frame like that with "new school" strength? Are you gonna have someone custom build the ...more

Thinking more up to date stuff ..
this with a banana seat Photo

When i hit the trails everyone. Bikes look the same. I want to have something. Different. Plus no more ball buster

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

7/20/2016 4:54 PM

so you want a larger seat that will surely get more in the way than a smaller seat?

|

7/20/2016 6:54 PM

Aside from the build idea the new haro Dennis McCoy complete looks fucking rad , if I wasn't so stoked on my Bonesaw right now I'd totally get one

|

7/21/2016 8:27 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I am wondering where you would get a frame like that with "new school" strength? Are you gonna have someone custom build the ...more

Brian_Griffin wrote:

Thinking more up to date stuff ..
this with a banana seat Photo

When i hit the trails everyone. Bikes look the same. I want to ...more

Ah ha...that would be interesting to say the least....

I am thinking of doing a custom build in honor of my old Supergoose, but using a Lairdframe as the skeleton. Everything else will be as close to old-school stock parts as I can get:

Odyssey Old School Chainring
(will probably use Thunderbolt Cranks as well)
Blue tuff 2 Mag wheels
Kenda K44mx tires
ODI Blue mushroom grips
Fly Manual back brakes
front brakes of some sort

gotta still research it some more....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence