Older frames are stronger then new frames?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2013 9:20 PM

I notice that old frames last longer and don't crack 2009- 2011 frames.... then the frames they make now 2013 - 2014 tends to crack easy.

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/5/2013 9:21 PM

Yeah pretty much I've had frames from 2005-2011 and they are still running strong.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/5/2013 9:22 PM

My buddy's riding my old mutiny sinister frame from 2004 and that frames still in damn good shape

|

8/5/2013 9:23 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah pretty much I've had frames from 2005-2011 and they are still running strong.

yea same thing i'm saying i noticed.. like cult frames they make new frames and they crack like months later...

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/5/2013 9:25 PM

S&m BTM. Built like a brick shithouse. Huge ass chainstays, I think 22mm. No wide rear tire clearance. Built just like the older frames were

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/5/2013 9:32 PM

I had a 2008 Fit Team Street and that thing was tank. I didn't even start grinding till this current frame I ride now. I've only rode 2 frames my whole life, lol. My Fit frame was babied and the guy I traded it to straight up screwed it first session..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/5/2013 9:50 PM

tomdon wrote:

S&m BTM. Built like a brick shithouse. Huge ass chainstays, I think 22mm. No wide rear tire clearance. Built just like the older frames were

I lovey btm I have no fear of it breaking.

I also love sunday they are strong and have lifetime warranty if it does snap.

|

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

8/5/2013 9:53 PM

More broken frames = better economy for BMX companies

|

8/5/2013 9:54 PM

brianoob wrote:

More broken frames = better economy for BMX companies

Not if I just buy another used frame :3

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/6/2013 2:27 AM

have a SPUTNIC skyline V1 2008 and its strong as shit. friend has the new sweet tooth and already bent the back end

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/6/2013 4:07 AM

tomdon wrote:

I Cracked one, I was suprised, FBM/Solid still make them like they used to, trendy companies make shit that will break.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/6/2013 5:05 AM

2014 frames!? That's funny. They're not even out yet.

|

8/6/2013 5:12 AM

Fondue wrote:

2014 frames!? That's funny. They're not even out yet.

I was thinking that lol

|

Bruh

8/6/2013 11:58 AM

tomdon wrote:

i cracked one in less than nine months, its nothing too special lol

|

What are your thoughts on abortion?
refs: ouykcuf, KingCityBikeco, I like too bike, MrHavoc1988, Jared42069, agcrx, ecuadevil

8/6/2013 1:37 PM

My Fit from 05 is still going strong. Thing's a tank as well! It weighs about a 1/2 lb more than the average frame out now, so it doesn't bother me. Funny how some kid at the skatepark the other day was talking shit to me about my bike weighing like 3 lbs more than his(my frame, forks and wheels basically), yet he himself must've weighed at least 50lbs more than I do. Lol

|

8/6/2013 1:46 PM

Anybody have integrated heattube cups tongue and a american bb I can buy? I wanna build up my 09 Backtrail frame.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/6/2013 2:11 PM

Thicker tubing?? A while back majority of riders just wanted to ride.. weight wasn't a problem so shit was a bit more solid.. yet they still had lighter options to choose from even then. Maybe majority of frames today are lighter..(weenie crowd=$$$) But there's still some hefty frame options out there for those who really want one. So the way I see is light/thin tubing is currently trending over thicker more solid frames, but we'll always have at least a few good options no matter what.

This wifi im on is slightly heavier than my previous FBM but the extra weight feels nicer for me. Although heavy doesn't exactly = stronger. You've got to think about materials and craftsmanship. You ride hard, buy hard. you ride light, buy light. Variety is awesome.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting