Olloclip

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2014 8:51 PM

Anyone use these lenses ? I seen an ad in one of my ride bmx mags and now I'm thinking abou ordering one ....wondering how well they work

|

1/31/2014 8:54 PM

I've used friends' before. they work quite well, especially the wide angle lens. I've filmed a few things stationary with it that I'd normally have to pan the camera to get it all in. Macro lens is pretty sweet too, held it to my jeans and could see every thread clear as day.

|

1/31/2014 9:01 PM

For I iPhone? BMX PLUS! said that t was a great lense and good for shoots. Just you might want to like tape it to ya phone.

|

1/31/2014 10:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2014 10:35 PM

I wouldn't buy one. Too expensive especially since it's just iPhone footage. The $10 clip on ones from eBay are more worth it.

|

1/31/2014 10:52 PM

69 bucks is not expensive for 3 different lenses

|

1/31/2014 11:19 PM

brianoob wrote:

I wouldn't buy one. Too expensive especially since it's just iPhone footage. The $10 clip on ones from eBay are more worth it.

No. They. Are. Not. I have firsthand seen the difference between generic crap and these. These things are the best. Would buy. The others ones, uhhg. They dont look half as beautiful as this, this thing has THREE different lenses and is cheaper than an entire camera but still performs similar. But you can have your opinion. Not trying to be douchy.

|

2/1/2014 4:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 4:50 AM

brianoob wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

No. They. Are. Not. I have firsthand seen the difference between generic crap and these. These things are the best. Would buy. The others ones, uhhg. They dont look half as beautiful as this, this thing has THREE different lenses and is cheaper than an entire camera but still performs similar. But you can have your opinion. Not trying to be douchy.

They are. The fact is that you're using it on an iPhone and those clips will probably only end up on Instagram. All iPhone "lenses" are shitty. If you're actually going to make legit edits you're better off saving that money and buying a proper camera. If you have the money to spend then go ahead.

|

2/1/2014 7:28 AM

I got a tripod, fisheye, wide angle, macro, and a giganto telephoto (requires a special case that it came with) for like $30 on amazon. They work GREAT. You just press a little magnetic ring around your phone camera and the lenses have magnets on them so they stick to your phone. Not the best, they fall off, but you can mod them not to. I drilled out the camera hole in my otter box just wide enough to use it without taking my otterbox off, so the lense kind of pops into my otterbox now and doesn't fall off at all and I dont even need the magnet ring anymore.
But Olliclip is super over priced, you can pick up just a fisheye for like $5, and a kit for around $20.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/1/2014 7:30 AM

brianoob wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

The lense doesn't effect video quality whatsoever. A 180deg fisheye is a 180deg fisheye whether its $70 or $5. Aslong as its like mine and has crystal clear glass, than it will perform just as well.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

2/1/2014 7:37 AM

|

2/1/2014 8:33 AM

Cool man thanks for the links

|