Olympic judging ?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2018 8:47 PM

Watched Munich mash today and have watched the fise closely every stop for years , I get it they are moving forward to the olympics but am I the only one feeling they are turning bmx lame just like freestyle motocross got lame ? Now days fmx guys look like interchangeable action figures , the level barspin tailwhip combos is almost identical to it , it’s boring and all the riders look the same , Daniel weidemiejer actually utilized use of course hitting icepicks and walltaps on big course features and didn’t even make finals , what’s your opinion ?

Fise Olympic judging style?

View Results

|

7/10/2018 9:52 PM

We know how this shit is gonna turn out. It's gonna be park style so it's gonna be flips, 1080s, and quad whips. I hope I'm wrong and they build a street course but it's gonna be a park style course. I give zero shits about it.

|

7/10/2018 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2018 10:22 PM

WiteMic wrote:

We know how this shit is gonna turn out. It's gonna be park style so it's gonna be flips, 1080s, and quad whips. I hope I'm ...more

I have nothing against flips , 1080s and quad whips but these these 360 bar whip combos are getting butchered as fuck and lame to watch , I’ll go as far to say Daniel Sandoval ruined barspins and tailwhips for me , he’s an amazing rider talented as fuck and better then I am but fuck he killed those tricks for me , there’s not enough originality In bmx these days in the competitive level , if I where to throw a suggestion as to where things go I would suggest a riding style like simon godziek in the slopestyle mountain bike world , he could win any contest he wanted to if he’s on that day and he can do it with a classic superman and original tricks , not the same bar whip combos the other 8 guys in the field are doing

|

7/10/2018 10:16 PM

no one can turn bmx lame.

it's what you make it so if you don't like what you see on the tv, turn it off and go ride your bike.

It's that simple...

|

7/10/2018 10:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2018 10:47 PM

pnj wrote:

no one can turn bmx lame.

it's what you make it so if you don't like what you see on the tv, turn it off and go ride your ...more

This old fart chiming in

I guarantee if we drank a beer chilled and watched a contest we’d get a fuck load more stoked on a Kevin Pereza superman seat grab or 360 whip to table over a 360 bar tailwhip vice versa combo any day , if we all got along we’d all be out in the woods with shovels digging trails and wouldn’t have cell phones to get on vital bmx would we

But good attempt at being that mature one taking the high road , I didn’t make this thread for the high road I made it for shots fired

|

7/10/2018 10:33 PM

I think it’s gonna be a tough call. But I’m leaning towards the flashy, big tricks. I mean, I guess there’s a reason why Logan is up there.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/10/2018 11:32 PM

Just ignore it and it'll go away

|

7/10/2018 11:49 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

No fuck that , that’s the mentality of a kid who gets bullied and does nothing about it , bmx was never for that , bmx was for telling you to stick up for what you believe in then go for it

|

7/11/2018 12:10 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

No fuck that , that’s the mentality of a kid who gets bullied and does nothing about it , bmx was never for that , bmx was for ...more

Nope, bmx is about having fun on your bike. I pay zero attention to all these comps or pretty much any park riding in general. So non of it means anything to me. Do what you want and ignore the things you don't like, especially if it's out of your control, then it won't wind you up.

|

7/11/2018 12:12 AM

Only way i'm watching it is if Miron comes out of retirement and does a 540 whip for Gold.

|

7/11/2018 12:32 AM

i probably won't know any of the riders.

i guess everey run will be complete ugly.

i guess that most of the audience are lame ass People.

i guess it will be so much more "athletic" and disciplined than bmx should ever be

i guess most of them riders will wear a size m shirt

and i for sure know that i won't give a single fuck about it.

go ride your bike. be creative. express yourself.
contribute to the cool part of bmx, not triplewhipping in your stupid red bull helmet telling people to not take drugs and to brush there teeths regulary.

|

IG: @_almost_crook

7/11/2018 12:50 AM

booze wrote:

i probably won't know any of the riders.

i guess everey run will be complete ugly.

i guess that most of the audience are ...more

All I took from this was the size M shirt. I wear a medium shocked

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

7/11/2018 1:13 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

No fuck that , that’s the mentality of a kid who gets bullied and does nothing about it , bmx was never for that , bmx was for ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Nope, bmx is about having fun on your bike. I pay zero attention to all these comps or pretty much any park riding in general. ...more

How many girlfriends have you had stolen from you ? That’s the mentality that lines you up for , maybe that’s why your so grumpy , you gotta start going for it and stealing girlfriends instead

|

7/11/2018 1:41 AM

eskimojay wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Nope, bmx is about having fun on your bike. I pay zero attention to all these comps or pretty much any park riding in general. ...more

eskimojay wrote:

How many girlfriends have you had stolen from you ? That’s the mentality that lines you up for , maybe that’s why your so ...more

I've never had a girlfriend stolen from me. But getting wound up about someone doing barspins won't change anything. It's like getting wound up over politics, you won't change anything just from not liking it. Just ride your bike and enjoy it. It's a kids bike, it really really doesn't matter if someone does something you disagree with

|

7/11/2018 1:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2018 1:49 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

How many girlfriends have you had stolen from you ? That’s the mentality that lines you up for , maybe that’s why your so ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

I've never had a girlfriend stolen from me. But getting wound up about someone doing barspins won't change anything. It's like ...more

Although I see what your saying , what your saying reminds me allot about the last rooftop podcast , why do a gnarly memorable move that shows up your riding crew when you could be the status quote and do that same move on a foot tall ledge like all your friends doing the same trick to the same lame ass slow terrible rap song in the name of fun, if I wanted that I’d be another pussy who would have joined the hockey or football team , some of us got into bmx cause we like to show off and steal the show , to each their own though

|

7/11/2018 1:58 AM

eskimojay wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

I've never had a girlfriend stolen from me. But getting wound up about someone doing barspins won't change anything. It's like ...more

eskimojay wrote:

Although I see what your saying , what your saying reminds me allot about the last rooftop podcast , why do a gnarly memorable ...more

People like grinding foot tall ledges. Some people like doing supermans. Some people like doing whip bars. If its not for you, don't worry about it. I don't talk shit on shit that doesn't pertain to me because it won't affect my life. Me and my homies can go jump a curb for hours and be content because we're having fun. You and your friends can be at trails doing tables and trucks having fun. Someone else could be at a vert ramp doing flairs and 540's having fun. The whole point is having fun riding a bike. Not shitting on people because of what they ride. I never said the Olympic shit was going to be lame or boring or trash. It isn't my steez so I'm not gonna watch it. But I'm also not gonna shit on it. I can show appreciation for what those guys do.

|

7/11/2018 2:31 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Although I see what your saying , what your saying reminds me allot about the last rooftop podcast , why do a gnarly memorable ...more

WiteMic wrote:

People like grinding foot tall ledges. Some people like doing supermans. Some people like doing whip bars. If its not for you, ...more

This. Just do what you want, and have fun doing it. Nothing else matters. Bmx would get boring pretty quick if everyone rode the same thing, doing the same tricks, and everyone liking the same thing. I don't want to see circus tricks, so I simply don't watch them. I don't want to learn loads of tricks and show off, so I don't. If that's what you want to do, fill your boots. But no one should ride how they're told to, or how is expected of them. If someone enters the Olympics, good for them, I hope they do well. But I won't watch it. I'll be too busy watching the DIY world series, or outside actually riding my bike.

|

7/11/2018 7:31 AM

If you want BMX to have more of a purist mindset, then start a contest series and go from there.

Honestly that is the ONLY way to do it. To get what you want, you need to create what you want.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/11/2018 7:48 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Damn Steve! Hell yeah to that brotha! I don't really watch any of those big comps either... I just like to ride my bike and have fun!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/11/2018 8:08 AM

No disrespect Jason, but there's kids in every park that can do what you do. And to me it's no more memorable than someone doing a grind combo on a foot tall ledge. We all like different things. Steven Hamiltons section on trafaelio is more memorable to me than any of that. And I'm fine with people disagreeing (even though they're wrong XD).

The Olympics is about impressing the judges enough to win a medal. So they'll do whatever they see fit to do that. If someone does a massive Indian Air seat grab and wins, good for them. If someone does a frontflip whip and wins, cool, whatever. But not agreeing with that will only wind you up, you're not going to change their mind just because you have a different opinion.

|

7/11/2018 12:36 PM

When certain tricks / riding styles score really well, a lot of guys are going to do them. I think it's an issue you're going to run into in any judged-by-number competition.

I'm optimistic we can get some dudes like Kevin Peraza, Kenneth Tencio, and Dennis Enarson in there to show something different. Only time will tell.

|

7/11/2018 1:54 PM

I hate zoo's, pet shops, and circus acts involving anything but human specimens.

I like riding my bike though.

|

7/11/2018 4:57 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

No disrespect Jason, but there's kids in every park that can do what you do. And to me it's no more memorable than someone ...more

Federal trafelio was sick

|

7/11/2018 5:04 PM

I'm pleased with those poll results.

|

7/13/2018 3:12 PM

i wanna see someone to blast out of quarter fastplant to backflip off a wall lol surprised its never been done like an inverted fast plant to backflipo

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

7/13/2018 3:22 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

i wanna see someone to blast out of quarter fastplant to backflip off a wall lol surprised its never been done like an ...more

Aitken did a backfliip footplant on a wallride over a spine once

|

Hmmm

7/14/2018 8:37 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

You are so right my friend. I watch a contest like a video part. I don’t care who wins I just want to watch BMX.

On a side note that means guess who WILL not be winning gold? Or maybe not even metal? Hint: his initials are G.R.

|