One Trick That You Cannot Do...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2020 1:36 PM

so i have a couple of tricks that i just cannot do or not very well, im mainly talking about smiths and hop 3s, as theyre both incredibly awkward tricks to me but to everyone else they seem to just pull them whenever they want. i was thinking maybe you guys have something similar? a trick that is supposed to be an easy or common trick but no matter what you cant do it...

|

10/8/2020 1:48 PM

Hop 3s for some strange reason. They turn into pivots 3s. I can't keep the back end up for whatever reason.

Hop bars. I grew up in an era of high seat posts to pinch my knees. I'm gonna try and learn the modern way on the resi at woodward.

My most disappointing one is hop Icepick stalls. My lower back can't handle it anymore.

|

10/8/2020 1:59 PM

WiteMic wrote:

Hop 3s for some strange reason. They turn into pivots 3s. I can't keep the back end up for whatever reason.

Hop bars. I grew up in an era of high seat posts to pinch my knees. I'm gonna try and learn the modern way on the resi at woodward.

My most disappointing one is hop Icepick stalls. My lower back can't handle it anymore.

im the exact same with my hop 3's. any other obstacle i can get a nice pop to them and whatnot but any flat attempt is always a pivot...

|

10/8/2020 2:07 PM

WiteMic wrote:

Michael Cranston wrote:

im the exact same with my hop 3's. any other obstacle i can get a nice pop to them and whatnot but any flat attempt is always a pivot...

SAME!!! My 3 over boxes apparently is gorgeous. Apparently I have a trail rider 3. But the moment I try a hop 3, pivot. I usually just turn it into a manual with bitch cranks. Lol

|

10/8/2020 2:10 PM

WiteMic wrote:

Michael Cranston wrote:

WiteMic wrote:

SAME!!! My 3 over boxes apparently is gorgeous. Apparently I have a trail rider 3. But the moment I try a hop 3, pivot. I usually just turn it into a manual with bitch cranks. Lol

yes same man i can 360 the whole box jump at my local but cant do it flat haha.

|

10/8/2020 2:14 PM

180/360 bars because I’m not left handed, I throw bars into my back foot.

I’ve done a few 180 bars and a 270 bar but they look and feel like shit. the whole bike tilts a ton.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

10/8/2020 2:16 PM

Four wrote:

I’ve done a few 180 bars and a 270 bar but they look and feel like shit. the whole bike tilts a ton.

same as well man, being half goofy means i spin to the right and throw the bar to the right, so im stuck with either doing a downside? (or topside? i dont know how to classfiy barspin ways) 3 bar or do an oppo 3 regular bar. i can 180 bar both ways though, but getting to the 360 is near impossible at the moment.

|

10/8/2020 2:21 PM

Four wrote:

I started out the same way then got used to doing it oppo which is normal left foot forward throw to front foot now the first way is so weird, but you too can learn it.

|

10/8/2020 2:23 PM

Hang fives... I've tried WAY too long.

|

10/8/2020 2:23 PM

Four wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

I started out the same way then got used to doing it oppo which is normal left foot forward throw to front foot now the first way is so weird, but you too can learn it.

i've learnt to pretty much do any 180 bar regularly now by, doing an oppo 180. on fakies it means i indian out as im yet to learn oppo half cabs but i prefer that to the extra effort and worser looking goofy 180 bars.

|

10/8/2020 2:24 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

they're a weird one to learn too. i honestly prefer nose manuals to them as i find it easier to get into the sweet spot.

|

10/8/2020 2:35 PM

Also, a clicked turndown is awkward feeling every time I've tried.

|

10/8/2020 7:25 PM

Four wrote:

Tom Blythe throws em the wrong way and he’s got the nicest b’s, find some footage to get some inspiration

|

10/8/2020 7:57 PM

How in the world do you do nice tables??

|

10/8/2020 8:38 PM

1-footers. I can do them, but man they’re ugly. Always land cranks vertical.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

10/8/2020 9:40 PM

lmfao i always wanted to learn footjam tailwhips growing up but once i lost my vcard i kinda got over that very very fast

|

13 years old

10/9/2020 2:05 AM

I suck at can cans. I can get my cranks back to level and land normal footed hopping out of footjams all day long but for some reason I can’t keep them level on a can can. Always gotta backpedal and land switch foot or I land vertical cranks and it looks like shit

|

10/9/2020 4:27 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

This. I've NEVER done one better than MAYBE 10-15 feet. Backward down a slant with a front brake and I SOMETIMES can do longer because I can buzz the brake and lean forward a bit too far.

Whips took me 6 years to land ONE, then another 5-6 to get figured out, then I did like 50 over a course of a couple years, and lost em due to a back injury. I will get another.

Smiths KILL my shoulder. I don't do them on purpose as a result.

Tooth hangovers. Just no.

I've been riding since 1999, and I have never done a legit street handrail down stairs UNLESS you count the random TINY 4 stair that is like frame high that I icepick BONKED. I don't count that one. I don't think that rail is long enough to double peg.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/9/2020 6:29 AM

Oh man, I feel like I could go on and on and on...

First of all, I honestly still can't manual that well so I definitely can't nose manual, hang 5, etc.

I've put in a lot of attempts in for footjam whips but still haven't landed one

Landed 2 or 3 flyout 540s one summer like four years ago and I've been scared to battle the trick again, I hate bruising my hip from under rotating and getting sent to the ground

Can't figure out one-handed x ups

Wallride 180s

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

10/9/2020 6:52 AM

Stocksy wrote:

First of all, I honestly still can't manual that well so I definitely can't nose manual, hang 5, etc.

Landed 2 or 3 flyout 540s one summer like four years ago and I've been scared to battle the trick again, I hate bruising my hip from under rotating and getting sent to the ground

Wallride 180s

One handed xups are weird, you gotta move back to clear your knees, and crank the bars.

Been a long time since I did one of those. I brought my legs back like I was gonna bar, leaned over the bars and just cranked it around.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/9/2020 6:59 AM

jboozer4 wrote:

I suck at can cans. I can get my cranks back to level and land normal footed hopping out of footjams all day long but for some reason I can’t keep them level on a can can. Always gotta backpedal and land switch foot or I land vertical cranks and it looks like shit

sameee man i used to do them all the time but i dont them much these days

|

10/9/2020 7:00 AM

Stocksy wrote:

Wallride 180s

dave lawrence wrote:

One handed xups are weird, you gotta move back to clear your knees, and crank the bars.

Been a long time since I did one of those. I brought my legs back like I was gonna bar, leaned over the bars and just cranked it around.

i do them but really weirdly, its actually how i learnt fly out bars too haha, since its half a bar.

|

10/9/2020 7:58 AM

manual.

I could practice the next 100 hours and I still would only get a consistent 2 parking spaces... 5 on the best one.

I know because I did it.

|

10/9/2020 8:23 AM

Manuals. And I hate it so much.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

10/9/2020 9:31 AM

Front pedal feeb hard 180. I’ve tried them a lot and just can’t get my head around them. That’s the only trick I’ve tried in years that’s evaded me. Everything else I either figure it out or forget about it, but that’s one I’ve wanted for a while

|

10/9/2020 10:22 AM

Four wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

Michael Cranston wrote:

i've learnt to pretty much do any 180 bar regularly now by, doing an oppo 180. on fakies it means i indian out as im yet to learn oppo half cabs but i prefer that to the extra effort and worser looking goofy 180 bars.

I’m in the same boat as ya. I throw my bars the same way I spin for 180s and 360s, so I learned oppo 180’s to be able to throw 180 bars without them looking goofy asf.
I do Indians about half of the time, I can occasionally get a good oppo halfcab but it’s always hit or miss.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/9/2020 10:23 AM

Flat 3’s. I’ve landed like 5 full actual 360’s, all the other ones I’ve done have been tail taps. I just have so much trouble keeping the back end up.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/9/2020 10:53 AM

Barspin I can do fakie up a bank to bar bar to double peg bar to disaster but for some reason I cant just hop bar.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

10/9/2020 2:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2020 2:46 PM

X-ups hurt my shoulders, I hate them.

|

10/9/2020 2:49 PM

jmz313 wrote:

manual.

I could practice the next 100 hours and I still would only get a consistent 2 parking spaces... 5 on the best one.

I know because I did it.

One trick to manuals … get your arms straight and ass down. You will have way better luck.
The lower you can keep your front wheel to the ground the better you will be at it... thats what i have found.

|

Husky Nation Member