One for the weight weenies (super light inner tubes)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2017 11:31 PM

https://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-reviews/gear-news/fresh-produce-eclipse-inner-tubes.html

I just saw someone post this in a bmx group on Facebook, he's been running a pair for a year and hasn't had a puncture. The 20" tube only weighs 40g!
Didn't we have a discussion about clear tyre walls? Haha
|

3/25/2017 12:08 AM

Photo

Anyone wanting to pay this much for a fucking tube ? Let me know .

Shit you not , I literally bought tubes from the dollar store here and had like 5 tubes for 1/10 the price of one of those tubes
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/25/2017 12:19 AM

Probably the same people that will pay £50 for a shit tyre (like the khe mac2). To be fair I didn't look at the price haha. I wouldn't run them myself anyway, I've tried light bikes and I don't like it

|

3/25/2017 1:43 AM

How much lighter would the tubes be if you used helium to inflate them rather than air?

|

3/25/2017 8:03 AM

I average one flat on my bike every 3'years , you never get flats when you run 100 psi

|

3/25/2017 4:27 PM

The weight saving on those tubes is coming from having far less cash in your wallet....

|

3/25/2017 4:56 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I average one flat on my bike every 3'years , you never get flats when you run 100 psi

Where I am, you get a flat every few weeks with good tyres regardless of your tyre pressure. With some tyres, like the Odyssey Hawks for example, it's more like 3 every day!

Tyre sealant FTW!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/25/2017 5:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2017 5:39 PM

Tube thickness doesn't really matter at all when it comes to punctures. Think about the actual difference in wall thickness. It's miniscule.
Tires matter so much more.

|

3/26/2017 8:00 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

The weight saving on those tubes is coming from having far less cash in your wallet....

Lmfao. I would definitely ride them but not for that price.

|

3/26/2017 11:05 AM

I'd never spend $106 on 2 tubes. What a fucking waste. I'd rather get 26 tubes from danscomp at $4 a piece than 2 tubes at $53 a piece.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales