One of the rear wheel nuts stuck(DONE)

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2018 7:04 AM

So i got out my bike to clean it and did it with no problem, and i took of my back wheel, but now i cant get one of the nuts to come off, any idea how to do it? Photo
Photo
First pic is the one that can come off, second is the stuck one

|

9/17/2018 7:07 AM

Tighten the one that moves freely, get a breaker bar or a pipe and get more leverage on the one that's stuck, or hit it with PB blaster and wait.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/17/2018 7:38 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Tighten the one that moves freely, get a breaker bar or a pipe and get more leverage on the one that's stuck, or hit it with ...more

Cant really get a breaker bar and pb blaster didnt work

|

9/17/2018 8:16 AM

StaticFil wrote:

Cant really get a breaker bar and pb blaster didnt work

Lots of different random ass things can be a breaker bar. I used a mini-vise grip and allen key to get leverage on my seat yesterday. Get creative.

Also, make sure the nut that comes free is tightened enough to stop the axle from spinning. Sometimes if I crank my front wheel in too tight, I'll loosen one nut and the other one is so tight it just ends up spinning the axle. I'm assuming thats whats happening here. If you used PB blaster and it didn't work, try again and wait an hour before you try it again.

You need more leverage and more lube.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/17/2018 8:21 AM

Why and how did you even get it that tight off the bike anyway?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/17/2018 8:22 AM

Tighten the one that moves freely onto your dropout with the wheel outside the frame and then loosen the other one.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/17/2018 8:30 AM

Done, thanks everyone, my dad got the other bolt reversed then stuck with the smaller one next to it(not the washer) and got it off. Only need a new hub now!

|