Online Ordering Issues

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2017 4:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2017 4:49 AM

I bought $200 Eclat Maverick cranks off "Oriol Bike Shop's" online store. I blew out a pedal on my first session. I emailed Oriol pics and they said I would contact the distributor.

So I did. Then I emailed "Bryanth M." of Oriol a few days later and he stated they received the cranks, and have contacted their distributor but have yet to hear back. That was on 1/14/2017, 15:09. It is now 3/22/2017, 4:46.

Do these kinds of things usually take this long? I feel like something isn't right here.
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/22/2017 6:17 AM

Last summer I waited 3 months to get my pedalflow replaced...so it depends from country to country.

Also, aluminium sucks
Steel is real smile)

|

3/22/2017 9:12 AM

First session? Did you tighten them properly? I personally wouldn't replace them under warranty, I've seen plenty of stripped threads from allow cranks purely down to the pedal not being tightened properly

|

3/22/2017 9:18 AM

Just email them after a week and a half or 2 weeks , and see what they say . The worst you can do is keep bugging them

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/22/2017 10:54 AM

And that's why you buy from your local bike shop

|

It’s all bmx

3/22/2017 11:07 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

And that's why you buy from your local bike shop

Most local bike shops, here at least, don't stock any BMX parts besides tubes and don't have accounts with any distributor that would have them.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/22/2017 12:20 PM

Not in the US. QBP is the Eclat distro I am aware of, and that kind of turnaround is BS.

Call the shop.

Any warranty issue I have personally had was less than 2 weeks turnaround. At the shop I work at it was less than 3 start to finish accommodating shipping times and returned stuff in store.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/23/2017 10:53 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

First session? Did you tighten them properly? I personally wouldn't replace them under warranty, I've seen plenty of stripped ...more

I did. Shipping the cranks was the last thing I could do.

|