11/23/2019 5:03 PM

Whats your opinion

|

11/23/2019 5:11 PM

It’s a smart move. Protect your head, no matter how retarded you already are

|

fack off

11/23/2019 5:15 PM

Wear one, your skull will be happy the day you’ll smash it hard on concrete.

|

11/23/2019 5:21 PM

Soldiers, firemen, motorcycle cops, iron workers, top fuel drivers, fighter pilots, and other assorted pussies wear helmets.

|

11/23/2019 6:53 PM

Furyus George wrote:

Soldiers, firemen, motorcycle cops, iron workers, top fuel drivers, fighter pilots, and other assorted pussies wear helmets.

Lol other assorted pussies.

|

11/23/2019 9:14 PM

I think we should all have them but I guess some of us think our dicks are too big. I heard of this guy he was a skater and he lost so many sponsors because he didn’t want to ride without a helmet but now it’s like his trademark

|

11/23/2019 9:23 PM

10 years ago nobody wore a helmet, today its the opposite, which is good. But the non certified helmets dont do much, but the cert helmets save lives for a low price of around 50 bucks

|

I like riding my bike.

11/23/2019 9:56 PM

Helmet 100% of the time, no question.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/23/2019 10:42 PM

I'm pro helmet use, but also pro choice. Back in the UK I never wore a helmet to ride BMX or to ride to the shops or just general everyday riding around. Always wore a helmet if on my road bike though.

Out here in Australia we don't get that choice, helmets are compulsory.

|

11/23/2019 10:54 PM

tempocyclist wrote:

I'm pro helmet use, but also pro choice. Back in the UK I never wore a helmet to ride BMX or to ride to the shops or just general everyday riding around. Always wore a helmet if on my road bike though.

Out here in Australia we don't get that choice, helmets are compulsory.

Any good suggestions on helmets? I’m looking to get one because I’d rather look gay then look dead on a hospital bed

|

11/24/2019 12:45 AM

As long as it conforms to the relevant Consumer Product Safety Standards for your state/country, it's all good. Go to your local bike shop, try on a bunch, choose the one that you think looks good and fits you the best. Buy it, wear it, ride hard!

Also the use of the word "gay" as a derogatory term is no longer acceptable and actually quite offensive.

|

11/24/2019 3:06 AM

I’m pro choice. I’ve never worn a helmet because I find them uncomfortable and claustrophobic feeling. But I don’t care if someone else chooses to wear one

|

11/24/2019 3:25 AM

I re-learned how to ride BMX with a metal plate in place of my dominant wrist, so I’m confident anyone can re-learn how to ride with a silly helmet on their dome.

I’m certainly not the best candidate for always wearing my helmet, but I also can’t think of a single reason not to wear it - and it has saved me big time when I least expected.

After dealing with nearly 4 years of medical nightmares from a single riding injury - I’d never be able to forgive myself if I lost my ability to ride BMX again due to a head injury that could have easily been prevented.

All that said, if it’s cold and I’m determined to ride my bike - chances are that I’m going to wear a nice warm beanie & a hood instead.
On the same note, if I’m doing any sort of riding that is outside of my comfort zone (of street cruising and foot tall ledges haha) I’m going to do it with a helmet on.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/24/2019 3:53 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I re-learned how to ride BMX with a metal plate in place of my dominant wrist, so I’m confident anyone can re-learn how to ride with a silly helmet on their dome.

I’m certainly not the best candidate for always wearing my helmet, but I also can’t think of a single reason not to wear it - and it has saved me big time when I least expected.

After dealing with nearly 4 years of medical nightmares from a single riding injury - I’d never be able to forgive myself if I lost my ability to ride BMX again due to a head injury that could have easily been prevented.

All that said, if it’s cold and I’m determined to ride my bike - chances are that I’m going to wear a nice warm beanie & a hood instead.
On the same note, if I’m doing any sort of riding that is outside of my comfort zone (of street cruising and foot tall ledges haha) I’m going to do it with a helmet on.

I don’t really care what you’ve done. I don’t like riding with any pads, so why should I? It’s my choice, get over yourself

|

11/24/2019 4:11 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

I don’t really care what you’ve done. I don’t like riding with any pads, so why should I? It’s my choice, get over yourself

1. I don’t care what you do or don’t care about.
2. I also don’t care if you do or don’t like pads.
3. You should ride with pads because it’s the logical thing to do, but I don’t recall ever saying that to you until now, and only because you asked. I rarely ride with pads either - so, again, I really don’t care.

Who pissed in your Cheerios? Sounds like you’re the only one here that needs to get over themselves. Getting offended over someone’s opinion on a public forum, on a thread literally requesting opinions.🤣

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/24/2019 5:49 AM

“I re-learned how to ride BMX with a metal plate in place of my dominant wrist, so I’m confident anyone can re-learn how to ride with a silly helmet on their dome”

I’m not offended. It would take a lot more than anything you could ever dish out to offend me. But your post directly after mine seemed like you were claiming to be special in some way, and people that don’t like helmets are inferior for not re learning how to ride with a helmet on. Almost implying they aren’t capable, not that they choose not to.

|

11/24/2019 8:36 AM

.pegless. wrote:

“I re-learned how to ride BMX with a metal plate in place of my dominant wrist, so I’m confident anyone can re-learn how to ride with a silly helmet on their dome”

I’m not offended. It would take a lot more than anything you could ever dish out to offend me. But your post directly after mine seemed like you were claiming to be special in some way, and people that don’t like helmets are inferior for not re learning how to ride with a helmet on. Almost implying they aren’t capable, not that they choose not to.

Are you okay? Do you need a hug?

|

11/24/2019 8:56 AM

I’ve noticed that some of the Brits and a few of their Canadian subjects have been a bit grumpy (pun intended) lately. Must be this whole Prince Andrew thing.

|

11/24/2019 9:01 AM

helmets suck but when you smash your head into the pavement and you're wearing one... you're gunna be happy.

I have broken a few helmets and was always pretty happy that I made the choice to put one on my head.

That said, I spent a LOT of years doing dumb stuff on a bike and not wearing one.

coupe kids around here had life changing falls because they didn't have a helmet on. life changing as in, someone is going to help them wipe their own ass because they no longer can...

but, you do you.

|

11/24/2019 10:44 AM

Furyus George wrote:

I’ve noticed that some of the Brits and a few of their Canadian subjects have been a bit grumpy (pun intended) lately. Must be this whole Prince Andrew thing.

It’s getting heated in here 😂

|

11/24/2019 1:55 PM

I just had a crash yesterday on a dirt jump. I am very thankful for my helmet, I nose cased and went over the bars. Without my helmet I would have had more than a mild concussion...

|

11/25/2019 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2019 5:35 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Jeez dude, you really need to take your own advice & get over yourself. I didn’t even read your comment prior to writing my response🤦🏻‍♂️

And for that matter, did you even read my comment before replying to it?
In case you missed it - I very openly admitted to NOT wearing a helmet or pads most of the time. How in the hell did you get “people that don’t like helmets are inferior” from that? Hah.

My point, which seemed to have gone right above your head & straight to your ego, was very simple - if humans (I only used myself as an example) can re-learn how to BMX with major bodily changes, then they can just as easily adapt to wearing protective gear while they ride BMX.
No ill intent there towards you or anyone else who chooses not to wear protective gear, myself included. I just hope that the little kids who read this thread for years to come will find my message inspiring and choose to protect their heads.

From now on I’ll make sure not to comment on any threads after you, so you don’t get confused and wind up with your feelings all hurted.😂 Ffs

|

11/25/2019 6:09 PM

If you like to go big it’s a good idea to wear one , I’ve been hit with a defibrillator and had to relearn how to walk once from riding street not wearing one once , I’ve also concussed the hell out of myself wearing one on an airbag , if you like sending it I find the more geared up I am the more energy and motivation to go big is there , they aren’t a bad idea

|

11/25/2019 10:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2019 10:11 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Dawg he didn't even @ you.

You have a half-ass/weak opinion because you read something out of context as a counter argument and immediately went on the defensive. Better strap on a helmet on for all those mental gymnastic routines you be running.

On topic:
I don't like wearing one when riding street/plaza type things, but I'll wear my TSG Dawn in the bowls and on pumptrack type things. I'm also 25 and have my own medical insurance and understand the risk I'm taking. Additionally, will always have one when commuting to work, these boston drivers are garbage.

|

Come back with a warrant.

11/26/2019 12:19 AM

My opinion: if you don’t wear one you’re an absolute idiot

|

11/26/2019 4:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2019 4:14 AM

readybmxer wrote:

This.

A lot of younger kids/teenagers see them as looking stupid, but in all fairness if THAT is your worry, you already look stupid wearing beanies, super tight pants and all black when it is like 95 Freedom Units outside.

One solid tap to the dome and you could totally change your life from riding/being a kid/chasing whatever things you are into etc to eating all your meals through a tube up your nose and having someone else empty your colostomy bag.

But if you don't want to wear one, don't whine that you blasted your brain so hard you can't stop crapping yourself cause you lost all control of your body. You made the choice, you get to deal with the consequences.

For me, I am 33 years old. I am no spring chicken. I get up slow when I dump it. Why make that take longer because some stupid kid things helmets "look dumb"? Jokes on those kids, padding up PROLONGS your ability to ride without needing a pound of pain killers per day.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/26/2019 5:24 AM

I am for wearing helmets, but I am against the "helmet nazis" that harass people for not wearing one. I believe everyone has the right to make their own choice without getting harassed about it.

|

Licensed Desk Jockey

11/26/2019 5:54 AM

readybmxer wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This.

A lot of younger kids/teenagers see them as looking stupid, but in all fairness if THAT is your worry, you already look stupid wearing beanies, super tight pants and all black when it is like 95 Freedom Units outside.

One solid tap to the dome and you could totally change your life from riding/being a kid/chasing whatever things you are into etc to eating all your meals through a tube up your nose and having someone else empty your colostomy bag.

But if you don't want to wear one, don't whine that you blasted your brain so hard you can't stop crapping yourself cause you lost all control of your body. You made the choice, you get to deal with the consequences.

For me, I am 33 years old. I am no spring chicken. I get up slow when I dump it. Why make that take longer because some stupid kid things helmets "look dumb"? Jokes on those kids, padding up PROLONGS your ability to ride without needing a pound of pain killers per day.

I don't even think that stereotype is around. I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about helmets in the past 10 years riding/skating.

I think a lot of people just always rode helmetless and that's just what they're used to at this point.

|

Come back with a warrant.

11/26/2019 6:49 AM

No one wears a Helmet for the looks.

No one rides helmet-less for the safety.

this is 100% absolute fact even though people will claim some other BS.

|

11/26/2019 2:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2019 2:45 PM

Can I make a rebuttal to the 10 years ago comment? Without anyone getting irritated?

I watched a youtube video about the scene in North Carolina.....aaaaaah, I forget what town it was. But a bunch of pro guys went to live there cuz there was such a scene going on and some really good guys. And this was I think at least 10 years ago. But there were definitely helmets being worn because some of the air they were getting was pretty wild. Plus flips and stuff. Not just helmets but like motocross helmets and major pads.

Probably need to use your judgment. I sometimes ride around my neighborhood without one on when it's really cold. I mean when it's getting down into the teens and lower covering my face and head seems almost as important to not get frostbite. But I do try to wear it whenever I'm doing tricks. I would like to have a better super cold winter set up. But whatever. I'm not going to get all weird about it. I think it's best to wear one but I'm in the camp that it doesn't really do any good to try and control other people and berate them if they do something different than me. It's their lives. Plus I'd be a hypocrite if I told other people to be dogmatic about it cuz I don't even wear one myself ALL the time.

I gotta get some good knee pads too. I'm almost more worried about them than my head but your head is more important. I just feel like my chances of hitting my knees are more likely than my head. But I'm not riding ramps or anything yet.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun