Opinions Needed Asap!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2013 10:22 AM

Ok so this kid wants to trade me a 20.75 grim reaper eternal for my tierra v5. Is it a good trade? Help me out

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

8/11/2013 10:27 AM

Sure go for it. What do you ride mostly?

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/11/2013 10:32 AM

i wouldnt do it personally, i hate the idea of the cut outs on the HT and BB cuz dirt could get in it a fuck your bearings

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/11/2013 10:35 AM

i dont see why not

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/11/2013 10:39 AM

NO eastern is total crap in comparison to fly

|

8/11/2013 10:42 AM

Four - Street Mostly
Jj0696 - Clear Packing Tape wink
Tomdon - I Maybe Will
JoeDavidson - Lol, Eastern Isn't That Bad Haha

|

Refs–
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

8/11/2013 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 10:42 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

They're a good company, the difference is that Fly doesn't offer low end budget shit like Eastern does. So basically kids who don't know how to put parts on buy 30 dollar Eastern products or a 200 dollar bike and expect it to last forever and get all pissed when it breaks. Ya get what ya pay for. And Eastern has a good warranty, fly does not from what I read and whatnot.

|

8/11/2013 10:43 AM

Oh if you ride mostly street especially pegs, and do larger sets etc. I'd trade for the Eastern.

|

8/11/2013 10:46 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

Four wrote:

They're a good company, the difference is that Fly doesn't offer low end budget shit like Eastern does. So basically kids who ...more

this

|

8/11/2013 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 10:48 AM

Four wrote:

Oh if you ride mostly street especially pegs, and do larger sets etc. I'd trade for the Eastern.

I'll probably end up doing it, depending if he comes to me haha

|

Refs–

8/11/2013 10:50 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

Four wrote:

They're a good company, the difference is that Fly doesn't offer low end budget shit like Eastern does. So basically kids who ...more

sorry but i completely disagree on that, i've ridden eastern parts before and every single one died on me, two front wheels, a set of cranks and a stem. not good at all and my fly tierra v3 held up, eastern frames are also notoriously crack happy and I've also witnessed my friends grim reaper snap after around 4 months, sure they warenteed it but then you are left with another frame that you know isn't going to hold up. and fly offer some pretty cheap complete bikes

|

8/11/2013 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 10:56 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

sorry but i completely disagree on that, i've ridden eastern parts before and every single one died on me, two front wheels, a ...more

What parts did you have? It depends. And Fly frames crack rather easy as well especially if you ride street. And you can sell the warranty frame from eastern instead of being out money. A lot of broken Eastern parts are the low end products or installed wrong. Also there are quite a few fly parts that break pretty easy, have you not seen the cranks?

|

8/11/2013 10:57 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

Four wrote:

JoeDavidson wrote:

sorry but i completely disagree on that, i've ridden eastern parts before and every single one died on me, two front wheels, a ...more

Have you seen the reviews on the fly completes? How bout the trebol parts package? The trebol package is what on the completes. I have yet to hear a good thing about any of that. Not to mention fly completes aren't even full chromoly

|

8/11/2013 11:01 AM

tomdon wrote:

Have you seen the reviews on the fly completes? How bout the trebol parts package? The trebol package is what on the ...more

This. They should just stop making completes and make their frames stronger before they get a rep like Eastern. Nobody even buys or considers the completes honestly compared to fit,wtp,sunday etc. I've seen maybe two or three on here.

|

8/11/2013 11:01 AM

Four wrote:

JoeDavidson wrote:

Four wrote:

What parts did you have? It depends. And Fly frames crack rather easy as well especially if you ride street. And you can sell ...more

i wen't through two double shot front wheels, a deceptikon stem and the cranks were the 48 splines that were out before the nomads, all bought new and not a single one lasted more than 8 months, they were in my first year of riding as well (i then took 2 years out pretty much) and over here at least they have a really shitty reputation so no one would buy any of the replaced parts and sure fly frames arn't the strongest but I would not recommend that trade as Eastern just arn't that good, if i were you i would hold out for something from a company with a better rep

|

8/11/2013 11:14 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

Four wrote:

What parts did you have? It depends. And Fly frames crack rather easy as well especially if you ride street. And you can sell ...more

JoeDavidson wrote:

i wen't through two double shot front wheels, a deceptikon stem and the cranks were the 48 splines that were out before the ...more

Double shot wheels are nitrous which is a low end budget brand.
the devceptikon stem was a bad idea to begin with. bolts were too small and it was a weight weenie stem. nuff said
I've rode eastern cranks just fine with no issues. the pro's and the stealth's. no issues with either
I've also rode plenty of ezra parts just fine.

My opinion- Eastern is much better than fly

|

8/11/2013 12:26 PM

jj0996 wrote:

i wouldnt do it personally, i hate the idea of the cut outs on the HT and BB cuz dirt could get in it a fuck your bearings

WHAAAAA???!!?!?!!

Not a complaint about breakage on a Eastern, just some dirt?!?!?!!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2013 12:38 PM

i would not.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS