Opinions on Merritt?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2015 5:52 PM

I'm about to start slowly building a new setup and I generally like to stick to 2-3 brands for everything. I ride street and street only and while looking through Empire's catalog I noticed they carry Merritt. I don't know too much about them other than they're a relatively new brand and one of my favorite riders (Begin) rides for them. They also seem to have a mainly street-centered team which appeals to me. So anyone who has any experience with them, how does their shit hold up compared to the other big parts companies (Animal, Shadow, Eclat, Odyssey, etc.)?

|

Houston

11/16/2015 6:50 PM

Merritt sucks, ride animal.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/16/2015 7:04 PM

I wouldn't say Merritt sucks , last I heard Brian foster was on their ....this kid is a begin fan though he might not know who that is

|

11/16/2015 7:18 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I wouldn't say Merritt sucks , last I heard Brian foster was on their ....this kid is a begin fan though he might not know who that is

haha, I know who he is. I don't pay too much attention to him because I mainly watch street edits. tbh I mostly like Begin just cause he reminds me of the people I hang around. But back to the topic, Merritt is good or no? I don't really see how they could "suck" considering all they've come out with so far are small parts.

|

Houston

11/16/2015 7:40 PM

Go for it. I like their stuff. When you get a back hubgaurd, get a daily grind.

|

11/16/2015 7:41 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Go for it. I like their stuff. When you get a back hubgaurd, get a daily grind.

If you get a male axle hub.

|

11/16/2015 9:04 PM

ive been riding a merrit might sprockt for the last year with a chipped tooth that i bought from MaximusBikes that actually belonged to Will stocks? i think it was who it was. and its not broken yet...

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/17/2015 3:36 AM

eskimojay wrote:

TreyBayBay wrote:

haha, I know who he is. I don't pay too much attention to him because I mainly watch street edits. tbh I mostly like Begin just cause he reminds me of the people I hang around. But back to the topic, Merritt is good or no? I don't really see how they could "suck" considering all they've come out with so far are small parts.

I wouldn't admit that Begin reminds you of the people you hang around...

|

If it ain't broke...

11/17/2015 5:48 AM

Brian Foster rides street. Not as often but he does. Road Fools 9 or 10 he did a crooked down a pretty decent rail.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2015 6:59 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Not a merritt fan at all, but wouldn't go as far to say they suck. That being said they haven't really done anything to seem special to me, just another brand making the same stuff as everyone else. Maybe in 5 years they'll have something cool to their name, but not now in my eyes.

Agree with the animal parts comment though. Always happy with their stuff and would buy that over almost anything, and I always like supporting companies who put out solid video after solid video

|

Refs: Shadow.Conspiracy

11/17/2015 7:56 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

tooters bmx wrote:

Not a merritt fan at all, but wouldn't go as far to say they suck. That being said they haven't really done anything to seem special to me, just another brand making the same stuff as everyone else. Maybe in 5 years they'll have something cool to their name, but not now in my eyes.

Agree with the animal parts comment though. Always happy with their stuff and would buy that over almost anything, and I always like supporting companies who put out solid video after solid video

The lifetime warranty on the driver of a coaster is a pretty big thing that no other brands offer on their coasters. Just throwing that out there.

Animal to me has gone down. Maybe it is when every kid was getting a boner for their parts that are solid, but they don't seem too special to me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2015 8:36 AM

Ralph said in his come up interview part of the problem was he didn't care to update and improve his products to keep up with all the other company's progression , hopefully that's part of the plan to change for the future

|