Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2017 11:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2017 12:11 PM

Is it loud as colony wasp

|

9/20/2017 2:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2017 2:08 PM

Stranger don't pay thier team. Now that this has become common knowledge, I'm sure they will be losing more business. I don't think they will be around much longer. I'd be looking at a company I can trust, and that will actually be around if I have any problems. I'd stay away from stranger personally. There's a lot of better wheels out there anyway. For the same price.

|

9/20/2017 7:49 PM

no, if you want a loud hub get a freecoaster. makes the wasp hub sound silent in comparison

|

9/20/2017 10:37 PM

fuck stranger and primo . Look up Ty Morrow joining Eclat and what he says about primo ( also stranger ) is stupid as fuck . Pretty lame how they treat one of the most iconic street riders out currently

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/11/2021 10:49 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Stranger don't pay thier team. Now that this has become common knowledge, I'm sure they will be losing more business. I don't ...more

I was going to order a set of the Crux v2. I like their width and they do still seem to be around. The full wheelset with cassette is about 265. Do you recommend any other wheels with wide rims for a similar price? Thanks

|

1/12/2021 1:25 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Stranger don't pay thier team. Now that this has become common knowledge, I'm sure they will be losing more business. I don't ...more

Burnzy149 wrote:

I was going to order a set of the Crux v2. I like their width and they do still seem to be around. The full wheelset with ...more

This thread was 3 years old, but a good wheelset would be the Federal Stance XL Wheels, as the cassette rear and front wheel add up to about 270 ish.

|

1/12/2021 3:22 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Burnzy149 wrote:

I was going to order a set of the Crux v2. I like their width and they do still seem to be around. The full wheelset with ...more

The éclat trippin wheels are decently priced (albeit a little more) but I’ve had my eye on them for a while until they restock later this month

|

smile

1/12/2021 5:57 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Burnzy149 wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

The éclat trippin wheels are decently priced (albeit a little more) but I’ve had my eye on them for a while until they restock ...more

I am a big fan of Eclat and their products but they are so damn hard to get ahold of and sometimes pricey but I would definitely pick up a pair of their lower line after market wheel sets. I havent seen the Trippin' rims yet, where will they have them at if you dont mind me asking?

|

1/12/2021 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2021 6:06 PM

Talk about necromancers, I'm going to have to find a different profession if it keeps blowing up, sorcery or possibly wizardry. tongue

|

1/12/2021 8:41 PM

Burnzy149 wrote:

I am a big fan of Eclat and their products but they are so damn hard to get ahold of and sometimes pricey but I would ...more

There’s a listing on Ebay for a trippin front and lhd fc from prestigecycling

|

smile

1/12/2021 8:48 PM

So old they didn’t even figure out the sand in the hub technology, makes it louder every time

|

1/14/2021 10:22 AM

eskimojay wrote:

So old they didn’t even figure out the sand in the hub technology, makes it louder every time

Are you referring to the Crux wheels?

|

1/14/2021 10:24 AM

Are you referring to the Crux wheels?

|

1/14/2021 10:31 AM

Cellmember wrote:

Talk about necromancers, I'm going to have to find a different profession if it keeps blowing up, sorcery or possibly ...more

Are you talking about wheels?

|

1/14/2021 10:46 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Burnzy149 wrote:

Michael Cranston wrote:

This thread was 3 years old, but a good wheelset would be the Federal Stance XL Wheels, as the cassette rear and front wheel ...more

Thanks I did check on the Federals and Eclat but they were a bit over my budget (minimum 400 per wheelset). I got impatient and ordered the Crux XLs which had better reviews than the newer version and the Primo Balance. I just want a wider rim and cassette hub that is strong and better than my Stolen Rampage wheels which are a pain in the ass if you want to run a hubguard because they cost a lot from Stranger and ruin the wheel when you install them. Just a word of warning.

|

1/14/2021 11:08 AM

Burnzy149 wrote:

Michael Cranston wrote:

This thread was 3 years old, but a good wheelset would be the Federal Stance XL Wheels, as the cassette rear and front wheel ...more

Burnzy149 wrote:

Thanks I did check on the Federals and Eclat but they were a bit over my budget (minimum 400 per wheelset). I got impatient ...more

i rode a crux XL rear wheel. it was decent for the price. i ended up riding the hub in the rear and the XL rim in the front as i de-laced and re-laced both up to different wheels, and never had an issue.

|

1/14/2021 11:36 AM

Cellmember wrote:

Talk about necromancers, I'm going to have to find a different profession if it keeps blowing up, sorcery or possibly ...more

Burnzy149 wrote:

No, just a joke about the threads date and it being resurrected.

|

1/14/2021 5:27 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Burnzy149 wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

I'm guessing this is going to be happening more and more as parts cannot continue to improve forever so wheel sets that were 5 years ago are new to me as I haven't ridden for ten years so it's cool to see them still available. If the product sucked it wouldn't still be selling. But I am old, def rode pre and mid School.

|

1/14/2021 7:23 PM

Burnzy149 wrote:

I'm guessing this is going to be happening more and more as parts cannot continue to improve forever so wheel sets that were 5 ...more

Tires and rims will get wider, bars will get taller, and back ends with get shorter

|

smile

1/14/2021 8:38 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Burnzy149 wrote:

I'm guessing this is going to be happening more and more as parts cannot continue to improve forever so wheel sets that were 5 ...more

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Tires and rims will get wider, bars will get taller, and back ends with get shorter

Blasphemy , the haul ass Josh Stricker pull it or die mentality can never die , We may be small and hidden away , but we’re coming back to get that god damn Franklin the turtle

|

1/15/2021 8:08 PM

Michael Cranston wrote:

Burnzy149 wrote:

Thanks I did check on the Federals and Eclat but they were a bit over my budget (minimum 400 per wheelset). I got impatient ...more

Michael Cranston wrote:

i rode a crux XL rear wheel. it was decent for the price. i ended up riding the hub in the rear and the XL rim in the front as ...more

Thanks for the simple answer, I do actually appreciate it, I've been outta the game a while, not as up to date on many parts, especially rims. Stranger wasn't around when I stopped riding but Primo was. Primo has always been a decent brand.

|

1/15/2021 8:10 PM

Burnzy149 wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Blasphemy , the haul ass Josh Stricker pull it or die mentality can never die , We may be small and hidden away , but we’re ...more

I like Franklin

|

1/22/2021 6:53 AM

I like my Crux V2 XL Cassette wheel but I don't know if its the width of the rim or what, but the spokes loosen so much. I've had it for nearly 5-6 months now and they still loosen on me regularly. Maybe I've just been riding harder than usual.

|