Opinions on the BSD Raider frame??

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2014 11:41 PM

Just wondering what your opinions are on the BSD Raider frame. I'm In the market for a new frame and I'm interested in this along with the volume vessel. Thanks

|

8/2/2014 11:53 PM

id go bsd great team never heard anything bad about the products

|

8/3/2014 12:20 AM

both are good

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/3/2014 1:25 PM

After I broke my 1month old Bone Deth Creepozoid I bought one of these. Snapped both dropouts off completely 3 weeks later.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/3/2014 1:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2014 1:35 PM

They're SOLID Dude Brosef!!! The Specs Seem Perfect So The Frame Must Be Unbreakable! Plus I Talked To David Grant On FaceFuck A Few Times And He's A Real Standup Guy!! But Have You Seen The New Shadow Cranks? I've Got Some And They're Definitely The Best Cranks Ever, Even Though I Haven't Ridden Them Yet. Shadow Has Really Stepped Their Game Up! They're Going On My New Bike, You'll Have To Wait To See That! Empire Is Hooking Me Up For This New Build M8!! Shout Out To Adam22!!!

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/3/2014 1:36 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

They're SOLID Dude Brosef!!! The Specs Seem Perfect So The Frame Must Be Unbreakable! Plus I Talked To David Grant On FaceFuck A Few Times And He's A Real Standup Guy!! But Have You Seen The New Shadow Cranks? I've Got Some And They're Definitely The Best Cranks Ever, Even Though I Haven't Ridden Them Yet. Shadow Has Really Stepped Their Game Up! They're Going On My New Bike, You'll Have To Wait To See That! Empire Is Hooking Me Up For This New Build M8!! Shout Out To Adam22!!!

+1

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/3/2014 2:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2014 3:19 PM

I actually have one, in 20.7". It's solid, standover in the short length takes some getting used to tho. I'm sure if you got it in a longer size it would feel more natural. As long as you don't weigh 3,000 pounds it will hold up like most frames. Also, the taller standover means stronger triangles, stronger frame. All my frames and my buddies frames break right at the seattube - top tube junction, taller standover means this is much less likely.
Every frame is about geo really tho, figure out what you like and go from there.

edit: only other complaint was the trans black paint chipped at the dropouts and on the edge of the bottom bracket extremely easily, but I've heard that's pretty normal for trans paint.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/3/2014 3:09 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

I actually have one, in 20.7". It's solid, standover in the short length takes some getting used to tho. I'm sure if you got it in a longer size it would feel more natural. As long as you don't weigh 3,000 pounds it will hold up like most frames. Also, the taller standover means stronger triangles, stronger frame. All my frames and my buddies frames break right at the seattube - top tube junction, taller standover means this is much less likely.
Every frame is about geo really tho, figure out what you like and go from there.

edit: only other complaint was the trans black paint chipped at the dropouts and on the edge of the bottom bracket extremely easily, but I've heard that's pretty normal for trans paint.

ooooooh burn

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/3/2014 3:22 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

U made my head hurt but ok haha

|

8/3/2014 3:24 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

Alright cool thanks dude. I really appreciate hearing from somebody who actually has it ahah. I dint have a lot of money so I just want to make sure I et soemthing that lasts. How about the vessel? Looks pretty strong and similar geo

|

8/3/2014 3:32 PM

Gabesteeze wrote:

Alright cool thanks dude. I really appreciate hearing from somebody who actually has it ahah. I dint have a lot of money so I just want to make sure I et soemthing that lasts. How about the vessel? Looks pretty strong and similar geo

Never ridden the vessel so i won't pretend to know about it, haha. only volume frame I've ridden is my buddy's drifter v2, which is holding up perfectly for him, but he doesn't ride very hard at all. The vessel also has a high standover, so it could be assumed that it might be like the BSD in terms of strength. Very similar frames, biggest differences i'd say would be the longer back end of the Raider, and the fact that the vessel comes with the option to use brakes, gyro, and chain tensioner, whereas the raider has no brake/gyro mounts and no tensioner.

|

8/3/2014 4:19 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

After I broke my 1month old Bone Deth Creepozoid I bought one of these. Snapped both dropouts off completely 3 weeks later.

pics or youre full of shit

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/3/2014 4:32 PM

Gabesteeze wrote:

It was a joke, haha, don't worry about it. In reality I really like how the frame look but have never ridden it so I can't say for sure.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/3/2014 4:56 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Gabesteeze wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It was a joke, haha, don't worry about it. In reality I really like how the frame look but have never ridden it so I can't say for sure.

Hahah yeah I assumed so ahah and yeah I get u

|

8/3/2014 5:00 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

Gabesteeze wrote:

realityisajoke wrote:

Never ridden the vessel so i won't pretend to know about it, haha. only volume frame I've ridden is my buddy's drifter v2, which is holding up perfectly for him, but he doesn't ride very hard at all. The vessel also has a high standover, so it could be assumed that it might be like the BSD in terms of strength. Very similar frames, biggest differences i'd say would be the longer back end of the Raider, and the fact that the vessel comes with the option to use brakes, gyro, and chain tensioner, whereas the raider has no brake/gyro mounts and no tensioner.

Yeah I'm 15 and 6ft and still goring and with long legs and lanky haha. So I'm looking for a high stand over with a shortish back end. I have a morrow frame right now an the low stand over and long ass back end are killing me. It's also 20.75 and my knees r bunched up on it so I wanted a 21. Also the simple look of the raider is dope but I like the tensioners and hour glass head tube on the vessel not to mention the sick colors as well

|

8/3/2014 5:01 PM

And it's cracked lol

|

8/3/2014 5:17 PM

Gabesteeze wrote:

And it's cracked lol

Then it sounds like you know what you want. raider is solid, and I assume the vessel is too. All down to colours, geo, and features now haha

|

8/3/2014 5:22 PM

Yeah haha I just hate decisions liek this tho lol! I do a lot of bars and grinds and flowing around skateparks so I'm sure they would both be fine haha! The raider in trams black with grey donnasquecks would be dope!

|

8/3/2014 9:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2014 10:46 PM

Gabesteeze wrote:

And it's cracked lol

realityisajoke wrote:

Then it sounds like you know what you want. raider is solid, and I assume the vessel is too. All down to colours, geo, and features now haha

When u had the raider how'd it do with dentshahaa

|

8/4/2014 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2014 9:20 AM

I have the Volume Vessel frame with Grey Donnasqueaks. I love it so far. Then again, I'm not what you consider a hard rider and such. Just an older dude who cruises around with his kids. I just jump things here and there and manual what not. I've been too lazy to do a bike check but I'll get to it one of these days.

I actually have the BSD Raider frame in Raw boxed up. Never got around to building it up because I wanted to try this Vessel frame out and wanted to run brakes for a bit (The Raider frame has no brake mounts)

Photo

|

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

8/4/2014 9:40 AM

Gabesteeze wrote:

realityisajoke wrote:

Gabesteeze wrote:

Yeah I'm 15 and 6ft and still goring and with long legs and lanky haha. So I'm looking for a high stand over with a shortish back end. I have a morrow frame right now an the low stand over and long ass back end are killing me. It's also 20.75 and my knees r bunched up on it so I wanted a 21. Also the simple look of the raider is dope but I like the tensioners and hour glass head tube on the vessel not to mention the sick colors as well

If you're still growing you may want to get the 21.6" I know the struggle of being way too tall dude, I'm 17, 6'6 and still going.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/4/2014 9:40 AM

Gabesteeze wrote:

It's been fine for dents. Like i said the trans paint is quite fragile, but i could care less, it's to be expected, I just put a sticker over a scratch if it looks that bad. But the frame itself has (surprisingly) zero dents except one under the chainstay, but for some reason i ruin the chainstays on literally every frame i ride, so that's nothing unusual. I wrapped an old inner tube around the chainstay and it's fine now.

|

8/4/2014 11:47 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

Gabesteeze wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

If you're still growing you may want to get the 21.6" I know the struggle of being way too tall dude, I'm 17, 6'6 and still going.

Yeah seriously! Haha idk cuz the time in between I don't want to have a really long frame haha.

|

8/4/2014 11:49 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

Gabesteeze wrote:

realityisajoke wrote:

It's been fine for dents. Like i said the trans paint is quite fragile, but i could care less, it's to be expected, I just put a sticker over a scratch if it looks that bad. But the frame itself has (surprisingly) zero dents except one under the chainstay, but for some reason i ruin the chainstays on literally every frame i ride, so that's nothing unusual. I wrapped an old inner tube around the chainstay and it's fine now.

Alright cool I tend to destroy my down tube on all my frames from all my grinds ahah. Do u know if there is any warranty on the frame?

|

8/4/2014 11:50 AM

whocares wrote:

I have the Volume Vessel frame with Grey Donnasqueaks. I love it so far. Then again, I'm not what you consider a hard rider and such. Just an older dude who cruises around with his kids. I just jump things here and there and manual what not. I've been too lazy to do a bike check but I'll get to it one of these days.

I actually have the BSD Raider frame in Raw boxed up. Never got around to building it up because I wanted to try this Vessel frame out and wanted to run brakes for a bit (The Raider frame has no brake mounts)

Photo

Yeah that looks so sick! I like the features on the vessel like the hour glass head tube and chain tensioners. But then again I love the raiders simple design and no brake mounts

|

8/4/2014 1:11 PM

Gabesteeze wrote:

Alright cool I tend to destroy my down tube on all my frames from all my grinds ahah. Do u know if there is any warranty on the frame?

Never had a problem with denting the down tube on my frames, although I did learn crankarm grinds with this frame and it's been fine.
BSD is supposed to have a 1 year warranty on all their products.
I do remember someone on this forum that had an issue with BSD not getting back to them about something that broke tho. Then again, I saw someone else on here that had an issue with their BSD hub and BSD was more than up front about it. So I don't know what to tell you in that respect.

|

8/4/2014 1:16 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

Gabesteeze wrote:

realityisajoke wrote:

Never had a problem with denting the down tube on my frames, although I did learn crankarm grinds with this frame and it's been fine.
BSD is supposed to have a 1 year warranty on all their products.
I do remember someone on this forum that had an issue with BSD not getting back to them about something that broke tho. Then again, I saw someone else on here that had an issue with their BSD hub and BSD was more than up front about it. So I don't know what to tell you in that respect.

Oh alright cool thanks. I think I'm going to save up the test of the money I need and swoop it!

|

8/4/2014 1:18 PM

Last question was it pretty responsive?

|

8/4/2014 2:26 PM

since you already know that the morrow frame is too long, then you don't need your frame to go to 13.9" on the chainstay, so maybe get the vessel since it is long enough with more room to go shorter if you take out chain links.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

8/4/2014 11:59 PM

A local has a Beverage and he snaps hubguards like fucking plates , he goes tech as shit and he likes it more than his WZA he had. Least to say BSD is good.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short