Opinions on this BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2016 1:18 AM

Any opinions on this bike? It's advertised as a Strong bike and that it's made with a BMX youtuber called Harry Main.
Is the bike going to last or it's just another "Advertisement Scam"

Madmain Purple Fuel 20

|

10/16/2016 2:53 AM

well it looks pretty sick but its Hi tensile and has a loose front hub

|

10/16/2016 3:33 AM

mikeyyg wrote:

well it looks pretty sick but its Hi tensile and has a loose front hub

Yeah thats why it's making me think if it's worth the 300.

|

10/16/2016 11:42 AM

You can get better bikes for the same money. It's just cleverly worded and advertised. They aren't good value for money. The build quality and components are terrible.
Get a mongoose, they seem to be the best bang for your buck right now on cheap completes

|

10/16/2016 1:05 PM

You would also have good luck looking on craigslist or something like that and finding someone selling a custom bike cheap! Let someone else dump the money into the bike!

|

10/16/2016 1:47 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You can get better bikes for the same money. It's just cleverly worded and advertised. They aren't good value for money. The ...more

Could you please link me some good bikes for EU ? I live in greece so I would like a shop that doesn't have high delivery fees.

I have a stolen wrap 2010 it's full chromo but I want a better Geometry bike, My friend has a different Geometry and it's so much easier for me to do Bunnyhops and fakies.

|

10/16/2016 1:48 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

You would also have good luck looking on craigslist or something like that and finding someone selling a custom bike cheap! ...more

Sadly all the sites here that are like craiglist are shit people are selling shitty bikes cause I live in greece and not that many people are using freestyle ones.

|

10/16/2016 2:57 PM

Oh I gotcha! I would stay away from that hitmain bike man. He's hyping it up because he rides for the company and bottom line is he's going to make money and they are too of course. They look like completely shit bikes to be honest. They keep saying quality quality, but they are very very cheaply made! I used to run a premium Broadway complete and that was a great bike! Full chromoly and sealed everything! Even had alienation wheels! You can still pick them up around $300 brand new now

|

10/16/2016 3:02 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Oh I gotcha! I would stay away from that hitmain bike man. He's hyping it up because he rides for the company and bottom line ...more

Yeah that's what I thought too. They are just over hyping them on youtube but in reality they won't last as long as advertised. Thanks for the tips smile I will look into Broadway completes.

|

10/16/2016 3:05 PM

You can also check Stereo bikes.
But you'll need to hunt down some sites that still have the old models
I got their Flash 2015 at 450 euros, and it's quite great.

|

10/16/2016 3:21 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

You can also check Stereo bikes.
But you'll need to hunt down some sites that still have the old models
I got their Flash 2015 ...more

Stereo bikes look pretty sick. Thanks!

|

10/16/2016 3:42 PM

Mongoose Mode 900. Look that thing up, it's a clear winner. 100% ChroMoly parts, sealed bearings, everything about it is top-notch for the money. You have my +1 for this bike.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/16/2016 3:48 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Mongoose Mode 900. Look that thing up, it's a clear winner. 100% ChroMoly parts, sealed bearings, everything about it is ...more

Yeah I forgot about that one! That is a really good bang for the buck no doubt!

|

10/16/2016 4:04 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Mongoose Mode 900. Look that thing up, it's a clear winner. 100% ChroMoly parts, sealed bearings, everything about it is ...more

Sounds good could you please link me few shops that sell the bike except Walmart :D?

|

10/16/2016 10:48 PM

Look at UK based online shops. The pound is the weakest it's been in over 30 years so you should be able to get a good deal!

What kind of riding do you do? The bike you've got will be fine, just change a few parts to make it feel different. Get taller bars or a topload stem, and a half link for your chain to see if you can slam your back wheel. The geometry isn't all that bad at all, it looks like it would be awesome for going fast and high on!

|

10/17/2016 3:54 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Look at UK based online shops. The pound is the weakest it's been in over 30 years so you should be able to get a good deal!

...more

I do street riding mostly. There is no skateparks. I am in the process of learning fakies, footjam tailwhips and 180's
So basically there is no ramps so I am forced to do most things flat with no air. Could you suggest me some good bars? and whats the difference between half link chain and full ones?

|

10/17/2016 4:33 AM

It's pretty sick

|

(◑́_◑᷅ )

10/17/2016 4:54 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

...more

BrutalHero wrote:

I do street riding mostly. There is no skateparks. I am in the process of learning fakies, footjam tailwhips and 180's
So ...more

There's loads of bars on the market right now. I personally like a lot of upsweep and backsweep, and don't like my bars too high. 9" Fbm u.s apes are what I run and I really like them. S&m credence feel the same but are a little lower, and cult hawk bars also have the same up and backsweep. But it's personal preference really. I wouldn't suggest going bigger than 9" as that will already be 1" higher than what's on there.

You'll only need a single half link, just take out 1 full link and put the half link on and hopefully it'll still be long enough to fit your wheel in the dropouts, but will make it slightly easier to lift the front end

|

10/17/2016 5:15 AM

Half links stretch and full links don't.

|

10/17/2016 5:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

...more

BrutalHero wrote:

So ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

There's loads of bars on the market right now. I personally like a lot of upsweep and backsweep, and don't like my bars too ...more

Thanks a lot smile

|

10/17/2016 5:33 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Oh I see thank you smile

|

10/17/2016 3:41 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

BrutalHero wrote:

Oh I see thank you smile

That's not true at all actually.

Full links stretch mainly at the pins and rollers, the holes the pins sit in over time ovalize, making the chain longer, thus STRETCHING. Half link plates are designed in such a way that they stretch the plates and somewhat "straighten" their curves and angles.

ALL chains stretch, some more than others.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/17/2016 6:09 PM

so, i want to get a bmx bike with my future christmas money, but idk if i should get a Mongoose Mode 540, or the 900, can someone tell me the difference please

|

10/17/2016 9:37 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

BrutalHero wrote:

Oh I see thank you smile

dave lawrence wrote:

That's not true at all actually.

Full links stretch mainly at the pins and rollers, the holes the pins sit in over time ...more

Thanks for clearing it up!

|