Opposite grinds

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2018 3:59 PM

I can do feebles and double pegs on my regular side and was trying to learn opposite but I can only do a very pathetic double peg and a back peg chink. Does anyone have any tips on oppo grinds?

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/14/2018 4:10 PM

When I was trying opposite smiths I put my foot down on the ledge (because its it my non dominant foot on my opposite side) and landed in a smith with most of my weight on the bike..... With my foot under the front peg.
The opposite pegs were taken off that night.

|

Hmmm

2/14/2018 4:15 PM

Just keep trying, they're not that hard. This is why I learn everything both ways at the same time, I never get stuck trying to relearn it the other way...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/14/2018 6:53 PM

Don't grind for 2 weeks then just go right for opposite..easier to learn opposite side if you aren't used to one side..try to never get too used to doing anything one way

|

2/14/2018 8:16 PM

Practice, that is all.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

2/14/2018 8:24 PM

If you can barely grind on your regular side, opposite grinds are a little too much for now.
Build yourself some grind experience on your regular side and opposites will come naturally later, grind up and down stuffs, rails, curbs rough or smooth, do smith's, toothpicks, icepicks, 180 backwards grinds, spin out of grinds...

|

2/14/2018 8:34 PM

Francky wrote:

If you can barely grind on your regular side, opposite grinds are a little too much for now.
Build yourself some grind experience on your regular side and opposites will come naturally later, grind up and down stuffs, rails, curbs rough or smooth, do smith's, toothpicks, icepicks, 180 backwards grinds, spin out of grinds...

That's not completely true. I've seen people switch grind sides a lot

|

2/14/2018 9:31 PM

Edman123 wrote:

When I was trying opposite smiths I put my foot down on the ledge (because its it my non dominant foot on my opposite side) and landed in a smith with most of my weight on the bike..... With my foot under the front peg.
The opposite pegs were taken off that night.

Lol

|

2/14/2018 9:39 PM

I keep on putting my opposite pegs on and taking them off the next day. I can do feeble grinds both feet forward, double peg stalls with my left foot forward and pedal feebles with my right foot forward and thats it. I was thinking about trying some lucky grinds on my left side with 3 pegs (1 on right rear) but decided I dont want to destroy my pedals anymore.

I also switched my drivetrain to the left as some of you know, so having it on my weak-side learning new tricks doesnt make much sense anymore.

Back to 2 pegs on the right.

I dont like how 4 pegs feel from the times Ive tried it. makes my feet feel crowded and when I bail its a whole other set of obstacles for me to try to avoid.

|

2/14/2018 10:04 PM

same way you learned regular grinds, just keep practicing

I noticed when I started riding opposite pegs I had a tendency to lean my bike away from the ledge and slip out of the grind cause I was used to keeping my weight the other way. so don't overthink them.

personally I've been riding an oppo front peg for a little over 4 years now. I rode oppo pegs on & off randomly before then, but never kept one on permanently, and since then I've gotten very comfortable with oppo smiths and over oppo tooth... oppo hangers though, still not very good at. sometimes the tricks just don't click with you but keep at them.

I don't ride an oppo rear peg though. I was decent at oppo ices on ledges, okay at double pegs on some setups, but no matter what I just couldn't stay in feeble grinds all the time. my peg would always slip off no matter what I did so I just took it off cause I barely used it. so if some tricks don't cooperate with you, try others. try it all and just try to improve

|

2/14/2018 10:12 PM

For tooth I honestly prefer grinding left since I tend to lean right when I grind but I'm weird I shouldn't have learned to grind right since I spin left but I did and honestly it has helped a ton. I grind completely ambidextrous except on taller things then I still feel more comfortable grinding right side even though I have to hard out of it but still. If you want to learn oppo just don't grind regular any more. Only focus on oppo. Start small and next thing you know you won't know which is right. My next trick I want footage of is feeble stall on a hubba to 180 tomorrow l. Doesn't sound crazy but you have to pull out and away before the 180 to land it so it takes some effort to get it around

|

2/14/2018 11:11 PM

Many many years ago, when I played with pegs, I was always scared of landing on my back foot somehow doing oppo feebles. It's a lot less scary with no peg there and grinding on the pedal instead. Maybe take your oppo pegs off and try back foot pedal feebles? They're pretty easy, and it might give you more confidence with oppo grinds

|

2/15/2018 9:11 AM

Conclusion to el problemo. Keep trying and try Steve’s method. Thanks dudes

|

An Indian on a small bike