Order + Switch

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2016 2:18 AM

3rd time I'm making this thread , fuck is happening , I have no clue they don't show up . Keeping this short now ...

I'm planning on getting WTP Switch forks . How will they be with a 5" headtube , I might need to get a smaller headset cap . How are they quality wise , they look amazing personally and no I will not buy Odyssey . Will a 75.25 HT and 23mm offset feel a lot more noticeable than a 75 HT and a 26mm offset ?

Got an order as well for the new bike , hubguard not shown , but S&M sticker packs are worth it ( had more ! And a big one too , but they've been put on my door now , still have ones in the picture .. a lot ! ) . Seem how these Hoder grips are . Getting ready to hop on the S&M game and see the quality compared to all the people chirping at me for Premium , which I like a lot.

Let's see if Grandstand pedals will be the next Twisteds .

As well , I got Janoskis for 55$ , let's see how they compare to Vans + new pedals , I saved over 65$ on them . Hopefully they last like people claim .

Photo

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/21/2016 3:40 AM

I'm not sure what the steerer length is, but they're usually plenty long enough and need a bit chopped off. That offset might not be that noticeable when just cruising around, but should make a difference with nose tricks, you could angle your bars forward a touch as that will have a similar effect too. I haven't got a clue about the quality though, but most wtp stuff seems pretty lit.
Stickers!!!! I want stickers sad
I haven't ridden janowskis but I've had a couple of pairs of 6.0's. Nike are too narrow for my feet so they weren't very comfy, but the soles stayed rigid throughout their life.

I'm stoked you're getting loads of new bits! The majority of my bike is second hand so I've only had the excitement of waiting for new parts a few times recently

|

1/21/2016 5:10 AM

get the new animal forks in 15mm youll be perfectly fine with 15mm and 75.25 Photo

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

1/21/2016 11:38 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

get the new animal forks in 15mm youll be perfectly fine with 15mm and 75.25 Photo

They look good , haven't seen them online or anything though ?

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/21/2016 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2016 11:56 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

They look good , haven't seen them online or anything though ?

spring 2016 they will be out. I wish I knew this months ago lol I would have got em instead of my deco forks. but yea 15mm really isn't crazy at all people over exaggerate twitchiness and I feel alot of people that say twitchy never actually rode low offset forks they just follow everyone's hearsay. right now I'm on 75 ht with 15mm fork and 54mm reach stem its not twitchy at all I'm actually disappointed its not twitchy

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

1/21/2016 12:06 PM

Angle of HT no probably not (although diff frame will feel diff), offset you will probably notice a tad.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/21/2016 12:47 PM

Is it the same height head tube as my Tall Boy (1/2" taller than the others)?

If it is... my Widemouth XL's steerer tube length is 172mm and using an Odyssey pro headset with one 10mm spacer it's dead on perfect. I have proper steerer tube to compression bolt gap and the steerer tube is plenty above the top pinch bolt (that's with using the Enduro stem's rise, so use mine as a reference).

The WTP Switch forks have a 170mm steerer tube, so you should be good to go with about 10mm overall headset rise (That's only if your stem has the same rise as my Enduro, if not adjust accordingly).

I'll go check my head tube height... What stem are you going to be using and what headset/ spacers do you already have?

|

1/21/2016 12:53 PM

Yep, the Tall Boy and Bonesaw both use the 5" tall head tube, so use my set-up as a reference.

|

1/21/2016 12:56 PM

I found out yesterday my local shop which I've been going to since I was a kid and 7 minutes from my work so I chill there all the time before my shift is moving way far away to White Rock supposedly . I won't be able to go there nearly as much , so I'm gonna blow my whole paycheck on bike parts and have a little build - day with the homie and enjoy it while it's still here .

And Bryan , it should have the same HT I'm 90% sure . I run a Haro Medium cap with 1 small spacer so I think I'll just get a lower cap or a spare and see if I can slam it or maybe just use that one spacer . I might get a Demolition Paradise stem later , so I'm not sure if I should worry about stems right now.

I think I'll be happy with the frame and and forks , they'll kinda be the perfect base to what I want in a frame spec because it's inbetween 75 and 75.5 , so I'm hoping the forks can make it feel like that headtube , and if it's too steep I can get mellowed forks , although I want a steeper end.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/21/2016 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2016 1:21 PM

If you have a steerer tube that's around 162-165mm you can use a low pro headset dust cover (like the Odyssey Pro, or the Revenge on S&M's site) and have little to no spacers needed. If I cut 10mm of my steerer tube I wouldn't need any spacers, but I like the extra rise.

I first thought I needed the XL Widmouths based on the pictures on S&M's website (thought my stem would be flush with no spacers). Turns out they must of been high as shit when they posted it, because you can clearly see you would need to add about 8-6mm of spacers to get the proper compression.... lol

Link for proof: http://www.sandmbikes.com/2014/widemouth-xl-pitchfork/

Bummer on the shop homie... There was one bike store that had a couple of bmx stuff when I moved here 9 years ago, but now there is none... sad

|

1/21/2016 1:48 PM

"I think I'll be happy with the frame and and forks , they'll kinda be the perfect base to what I want in a frame spec because it's inbetween 75 and 75.5 , so I'm hoping the forks can make it feel like that headtube , and if it's too steep I can get mellowed forks , although I want a steeper end. "

nope wont be steep at all. youd have to go with almost a 0 offset fork to get it to feel familiar

|

1/21/2016 2:45 PM

Doesn't need to be perfect , but I want it more than 75 to the point where I can feel a slight difference. You really need that steep forks to feel like that ?

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/21/2016 10:49 PM

You could always angle your bars a bit further forward, that will have a similar effect, and it's something you can play around with once it's all built up.
That sucks about your local shop. Although, I've never had a shop that's stocked bmx parts near me apart from when I lived in bristol, and I ended up being the manager there for a year. The source is a well known shop fairly close to me, I order most of my stuff from them, but I'm yet to go and have a look for myself.

|

1/22/2016 1:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2016 1:22 AM

Will never join the bar forward club , shit looks wack like the drug dealers in Newton here who do that while cruising with a high seat and Chicago bars , instant way to get pulled over lol

Frame should be here next Friday , I will probably need to run my CK forks for 2 weeks until I can buy new ones . Maybe even a stem , too .

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/22/2016 3:10 AM

I know what you mean, it looks stupid. But they don't have to be forward, just a bit more forward than you usually have them, like straight up vertical, will help put your weight more over the front

|

1/22/2016 3:30 AM

Photo

ON ISAACS FACEBOOK.

MY NAME !

Sweet haha ! He came through , what a G . Been smiling like an idiot , can't wait until it gets here
|

My Cult 2 Short

1/22/2016 3:53 AM

such a nice frame have fun with it

|

1/22/2016 5:39 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: Photo

ON ISAACS FACEBOOK.

MY NAME !

Sweet haha ! He came through , what a G . Been smiling like an idiot , can't wait until it ...more

Grats Dude the Bonesaw looks awesome! I recently had the new bike build feeling as well. Post a pic someday smile

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/22/2016 8:25 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I know what you mean, it looks stupid. But they don't have to be forward, just a bit more forward than you usually have them, ...more

I love my bars almost vertical. They may look like there forward bias in my newest pics, but there actually just slightly a couple of degree's back.

I've always tried to have them parallel to the forks, but it's never felt right to me.

Can't wait to see this Bonesaw built up! Don't forget to post all the extra swag you get with it!

|

1/22/2016 10:45 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

I love my bars almost vertical. They may look like there forward bias in my newest pics, but there actually just slightly a ...more

I'm the same, I used to always have them in line with my forks, now I have them a touch further forward, not quite vertical. I don't know if it makes any difference at all to my riding but it gives me a little more room without having to get a longer frame. Any further forward looks silly, but if Benny l does it it must be cool :p

#thestokeishigh!

|

1/22/2016 1:11 PM

I'll probably move them today as they've been feeling low , until I get a topload.

I have 2 bikes I'm kinda basing my bike off of , all depends but currently some little things that add flare are out of stock so maybe it'll be a more class build than a bit different like I planned .

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/22/2016 1:31 PM

I started with bars straight vertical, then went inline with my fork for around 13 years, and recently bumped em a tad forward.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/22/2016 4:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2016 5:00 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing your bike built up , just put a down payment on a bonesaw frame myself , the guys at transition scored me the last 21.25 gloss clear bonesaw frame available I'm fucken stoked

I've heard there was only 50 bonesaw frames made in total , I could be wrong but if I'm right that's pretty rad , the mechanic at transition told me they even shipped one to ireland

|

1/22/2016 6:24 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing your bike built up , just put a down payment on a bonesaw frame myself , the guys at transition ...more

That's what I heard as well , and I'll have it together in a week or so depending when I work . 21.25 isn't made as much , and yah I heard the same thing so I guess it's true . Topsey bought one , maybe that's where he's at , he's happy with his though . He likes it a lot , pretty sure it's the only one where he lives haha . My bike shop is for sure moving , so I NEED to build it up before they switch places . I brought up them giving me a "Staff" shirt as a parting gift and they said maybe haha .. never worked there actually getting paid but loyal customer / friend = family .

I FINALLY got my Eclat hubguard , and look how they installed it silly

Photo

Had to do it myself , they didn't take the insert from my last guard out , so the Eclat guard was waayyyy out . Turns out they read the invoice wrong and the ones they ordered for me don't show up until March ( like 3-4 months since I ordered them , my hub is beaten to fuck now even trying to avoid grinds . )

I'm excited to switch everything to a new frame and have some tidbits replaced .

Also. Moved my bars forward , they feel way better and responsive .

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/22/2016 8:04 PM

Rad , that's a bummer about your local shop

|