Ordered a Street Sweeper

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2017 9:23 AM

New to the forum. Long time lurker.
What's up Vital!
I've ridden bmx off and on since I was in grade school. First real bike was a 93 Dyno Compe I got when I was 10 and have owned several bikes since then.
Last decent bike I had was a Redline street/park bike but it got stolen after my lock was cut about 4 years ago.
A few months ago I got a used but like new 2011 Eastern Nitrous Warhammer and like I expected it's hi-ten crap and I've already torn it up pretty good.
I've had a blast riding again though and have at least been able to re-learn solid hops, 180's, basic grinds, manuals, etc. But it's really too small and the 7.5 bars leave my back sore after a long ride.
Last night I pulled the trigger and had my LBS order a 2018 rose gold Street Sweeper Complete.
Giggitty!!!
It has a lot going on that I liked. 165mm cranks, all chromo, sealed top to bottom, left hand drive option (first bike I've owned with lhd, ride right foot forward)
9" bars, topload freeze stem, nice geometry.
This will also be my first time on a free coaster. I've always been a cassette rider but it's the only option. Should be fun learning and getting used to it, but idk if I'll stick on a fc or not yet.
My concerns on the bike are what parts to upgrade first if any, mainly the 2 pc steerer tube, and the Quadrant rims.
Should I be concerned or just ride it and fix what ever breaks first?

|

7/18/2017 9:54 AM

I would ride it and fix whatever breaks first... unless if you don't like the Freecoaster then you can just get a nice cassette wheel... that's what I'd do....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/18/2017 10:14 AM

Fuck yeah bub my lbs has a sick street sweeper. Ride the fucker into the ground, I cant imagine anything would break for a while

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/18/2017 10:32 AM

Im so used to the click I'm worried I might go crazy not hearing it on the free coaster and go build a 2nd back wheel as soon as I get it.

|

7/18/2017 12:43 PM

There really is not anything wrong with the quadrant rims. For the price they are very solid and still last a long time. I had a pair on my old bike that I rode for around 5 years. They held up awesome to 4 peg grinding abuse and back then I was doing drops too. Coming to think of it actually I think that they are the only wheels I've ever had where I didn't even break any spokes. I hear a lot of people saying bad stuff about them because they are the "budget" rims but they really are not that bad.

|

7/18/2017 1:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2017 2:48 PM

RIDEboarder wrote:

There really is not anything wrong with the quadrant rims. For the price they are very solid and still last a long time. I had ...more

Thanks for the replies.
Good to hear. Don't mind truing a wheel but would rather have something that doesn't require daily maintenance. Hope it performs like yours did.

|

7/18/2017 1:52 PM

Anybody know if the complete comes with hub guards?
One of the pics on the Sunday site show a guard.
And almost all the forks that are any good are 1 pc.
These are chromo but 2 pc?

|

7/27/2017 9:12 PM

[img]https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/27/54672/s1200_GPTempDownload.jpg
Bike came in yesterday.
Couldn't be more pleased with it.

|