Ordered my Christmas Stuff. GO TO BOTTOM

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2013 10:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2013 11:58 AM

Just ordered all my Christmas bike stuff from Danscomp.

Kink Vela Tire 2.10 black
FIT FAF 2.25 Black
Shadow Chula Stem (Polished)
Tom Dugan Grips (Gum)

€117

Photo

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/2/2013 10:42 AM

Why didnt you just order through an irish site?

Also you asked for all this advice and went the opposite way, bizarre but i have seen worse parts lists.

|

12/2/2013 10:45 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

Why didnt you just order through an irish site?

Also you asked for all this advice and went the opposite way, bizarre but i have seen worse parts lists.

Because for a stem Chainreaction is 70 euro.

And for tires it's like 35 euro

When I can get it cheaper in America (25 dollers is like 20 euro)

As for the advice :

I wanted the Chula stem and the Dugan grips since it came out.
For the tires : The Vela has solid reviews and the 2.25 FAF I heard is good up front.

|

12/2/2013 10:58 AM

Aren't you going to have to pay import charges now tho?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/2/2013 11:13 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Never had to pay any taxes when I ordered from Chainreaction (Britain)

Total Merchandise: 121.96
Total Credit: - 18.29
Total Shipping: 56.00
Total Tax: 0.00
Total Cost: 159.67

|

12/2/2013 11:32 AM

But thats because chain is in europe. You might have to payt because you are ordering from the us.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/2/2013 11:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2013 11:39 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Chain Reaction is in Ireland, and if that is the price you have the pay in euros from dans, then it's going to be cheaper from chain reaction I believe.

|

12/2/2013 11:36 AM

T-rider wrote:

But thats because chain is in europe. You might have to payt because you are ordering from the us.

how much do you think ?

|

12/2/2013 11:44 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Chain Reaction is in Ireland, and if that is the price you have the pay in euros from dans, then it's going to be cheaper from chain reaction I believe.

A Sunday Freeze stem on Chainreaction is 37.99 euro, that's 50 dollars.

Can you not see where I'm coming from?

A kink lyra tire on chainreaction is 36.99 euro, that's 50 dollars for a tire (not even folding)

Chainreaction costs WAY more

|

12/2/2013 11:52 AM

Just curious for all the other people outside north america, is bmx as expensive as this for you? If i had to pay over 200 bucks just for a stem/pair of tires i would definitely be switching hobbies. coming from road biking, i was actually very surprised at how cheap bmx was compared to road bikes. 200 for a road stem/pair of tires isnt unheard of but literally my brand new gsport wheelset was cheaper than this

|

12/2/2013 11:55 AM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

Just curious for all the other people outside north america, is bmx as expensive as this for you? If i had to pay over 200 bucks just for a stem/pair of tires i would definitely be switching hobbies. coming from road biking, i was actually very surprised at how cheap bmx was compared to road bikes. 200 for a road stem/pair of tires isnt unheard of but literally my brand new gsport wheelset was cheaper than this

Yeah it does cost a lot but do you add on tax to the price you pay afterwards? Because UK prices include tax.

|

12/2/2013 11:56 AM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

200 for stem and tires? where's this?

|

12/2/2013 11:56 AM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah it does cost a lot but do you add on tax to the price you pay afterwards? Because UK prices include tax.

Total in my e-mail says no tax.

|

12/2/2013 12:03 PM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

I'd never switch bmx to something else because of money. Hobbie is hobbie, you get something (fun) for something (money).

|

12/2/2013 12:04 PM

I'm pretty sure the import cost wouldn't show on your order.

Not too sure, ask topsey I know he's ordered from empire in America before, he should be able to shed some light.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/2/2013 12:13 PM

i know someone who ordered from USA and had to pay the 21% percent of the value of the frame (delivered to spain) i'm not too sure about the exact %, but i'm sure that you have to pay taxes

|

12/2/2013 2:14 PM

Hey Buddy... It is REALLY Hit & Miss.. BITD, Bike Shops could put Childs Bicycle Parts in the Description & Mark Down Prices & you woudn't get charged a PENNY! It's really hard to say. Apart from my FBM Frame. I cannot think of a time I've paid more than £40/£50 on ANYTHING & I have made some BIG Parts orders! Almost the Entire Flatland Bike came from America. Hang on I'll Post a pic of the Box!

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

That Box was like £31.70 I believe! If you do get charged, For all that i REALLY cannot seeing it being a lot!!

|

12/3/2013 12:22 AM

Thanks for all the info topsey, I don't think the box will be that big for my stuff and hopefully they put it down as childs bike parts.

Cheers smile

|

12/3/2013 1:46 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Thanks for all the info topsey, I don't think the box will be that big for my stuff and hopefully they put it down as childs bike parts.

Cheers smile

still could cost a fair amount, i ordered a hub for america and a sprocket, so not much, and had to pay £40

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/3/2013 5:49 AM

I ordered a lot of stuff from ebay.

From the US to the Philippines and Singapore.

It depends on how the item is declared when shipped.
Most of the time, my favorite ebay merchant declares the items as toys/gifts,

So, they are not taxed.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/3/2013 5:57 AM

the price would be about even. $56 shipping! hory shet. if you ordered from ireland the parts may be more expensive but the shipping is way cheaper

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/3/2013 8:35 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

the price would be about even. $56 shipping! hory shet. if you ordered from ireland the parts may be more expensive but the shipping is way cheaper

I had money to spend tongue

If I had bought off of AlansBMX it would of been 138 euro shipped

|

12/4/2013 10:06 AM

Photo

What happens next :O

There's a stage bar thing at the top of my tracking.

Photo

Next stop is Ireland?
|

12/4/2013 11:06 AM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

200 for a new Gsport wheelset? Like PAIR of wheels?

I don't believe it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/4/2013 11:09 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote: Photo

What happens next :O

There's a stage bar thing at the top of my tracking.

Photo

Next stop is Ireland?

Yep, Louisville is a main hub, next stop should be customs. My guess would be Monday-Wednesday, next week.

|

12/4/2013 11:27 AM

Should have ordered a beer brewing kit instead ......make drink and sell beer

|