Ordering Custom Wheels from Danscomp Confusion

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2014 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2014 12:48 PM

I am going to order some custom wheels from Danscomp, but I am a little bit confused. First of all, is it all on the phone? (Nothing online whatsoever?), or is some of it online? Second of all, I have some Black Friday items included in the wheel, so does that mean that I won't be able to use any codes for free shipping? And if I can't use a code, will the free shipping on orders over $100 still apply, or will I have to pay the $20 shipping fee for wheels?

(I would call Danscomp and ask, but I don't want to ask for all the parts of the wheel, then have it end up being too much with shipping and whatnot and then not buy the wheel.)

Sorry for all the questions, I have never ordered from Danscomp by phone.

|

11/28/2014 12:49 PM

im pretty sure coupon codes work
just call, its not a big deal

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/28/2014 12:51 PM

no code for free shipping over 100. its automatic. and any order involving spokes must be done on the phone

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/28/2014 12:53 PM

might as well just call and ask, they're all super nice
or better, just order from empire or albes lol

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/28/2014 2:53 PM

May have better luck with empire instead of dans

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

11/28/2014 3:34 PM

Go to empire. They build the best wheels, and give you the least amount of shit. Plus you don't have to do any of that phone crap.

|

11/28/2014 5:15 PM

Thanks everyone who replied. I would've ordered on Empire, but Danscomp had some sale stuff which is the reason I got the wheel in the first place. It was pretty easy, and I did get the free shipping. I've heard a lot of people say that Danscomp is bad at lacing compared to Empire and Albes, but I'll make sure to maintain it well after the first ride, and if I have to I can go to my LBS to get it trued.

|

11/28/2014 5:59 PM

Ryan B. wrote:

Thanks everyone who replied. I would've ordered on Empire, but Danscomp had some sale stuff which is the reason I got the ...more

Dans is fine at lacing wheel, a lot of the complaints are stupid kids who ride the wheel right out of the box for a few weeks, and when it gets bent, they act like Dans is to blame. New spokes need to bed into the hubshell & "stretch" for a little, so keep an eye on them. They'll loosen up, and if they're loose, it'll make your wheel come out of true & need to be trued but if you keep up with it and tighten the spokes when needed, you should be okay until you start getting better & thrashing your wheels haha.

Just call em up and ask if your code/free shipping will still work, get that out of the way first so if it's too much money you can just be like okay thanks, and hang up. I'm pretty sure they will still work, so then you just place your wheel order but have in mind what you want (which hub, which rim, which spokes) and what color, etc, they'll figure the spoke sizes out for you so you don't need to worry about that, and if they ask what pattern you want it laced in just say 3x cause that's typically the standard for 36h wheels. That's about all there is too it.

|