Other bmxrs copying me

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2020 6:23 PM

Why do other bmxrs copy a trick that im trying to land, like i was trying to land a 360 flat and this guy was chillin watching me and he comes up and does it right in front of my face and he did the same for a disaster i was trying to land

|

2/27/2020 6:41 PM

You inspired him! tongue

Some people do that to show up the "new kid" but if that "new kid" is smart, they'll watch closely and try to learn something from it.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/27/2020 6:42 PM

Ignore them and land it. That is a total dick move that breaks skatepark etiquette so f that guy. You could probably ask them for help to but you don't want help from a douche (unless you do).

|

2/27/2020 6:48 PM

Vaughn B wrote:

Ignore them and land it. That is a total dick move that breaks skatepark etiquette so f that guy. You could probably ask them for help to but you don't want help from a douche (unless you do).

Douche or not, everyone knows something you don't. If you can learn from them without encouraging them, eventually you'll know what they know and then some.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/27/2020 6:49 PM

fuck his dad to assert your dominance

|

2/27/2020 6:52 PM

Vaughn B wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Douche or not, everyone knows something you don't. If you can learn from them without encouraging them, eventually you'll know what they know and then some.

Yeah that is fair enough. I'll always watch somebody doing anything I'm trying to do even if I don't like them.

|

2/27/2020 7:18 PM

Kick em in the nads

Then run real fast.

|

2/27/2020 9:21 PM

Better be careful dude he’s going to steal your chick next

|

2/27/2020 9:46 PM

thats a fight in my hood bro gotta keep the rep up na im shayin. ghost ride your bike into him

|

2/27/2020 11:49 PM

Might be a dick but it also might not have been intentional. There have been times when I've been about to do something and then somebody else tries it before me, so to them it looks like I'm copying but really I just wanted to do that trick next anyway

|

2/28/2020 4:29 AM

1600bmx wrote:

Why do other bmxrs copy a trick that im trying to land, like i was trying to land a 360 flat and this guy was chillin watching me and he comes up and does it right in front of my face and he did the same for a disaster i was trying to land

Not sure how this works in a skatepark but in flatland that warrants an assbeating. Considering flatland is about originality and usually you aren't in the environment of a skatepark if someone is taking your style it's a sign of aggression lmao.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/28/2020 5:19 AM

Work hard, learn 540s and bar to disaster, then act like you can't until he 1 ups you, then WRECK him.

I've done that in the past. Good times.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/28/2020 5:45 AM

Maybe... MAYBE, he was just trying to show you how he does it, in case you were looking for pointers? Just another possibility. Of course, he could have just been a dick.

|

2/28/2020 6:10 AM

People that like to do stuff like this intentionally are suffering from their own insecurities. I think the best advice is to watch and take note. Instead of getting irritated, try and learn from it. It can be a negative thing or a positive thing based on your mindset. Try not to let it affect you and instead turn it into something good for yourself!

|

Licensed Desk Jockey

2/28/2020 6:28 AM

Also, perhaps the guy just wanted to ride with someone. Maybe have a game of BIKE. Or, he might be a dick.

|

2/28/2020 6:31 AM

ah, the skatepark problem as old as time.

Some people just see something and say "oh that looks fun", others are just assholes trying to prove a nonexistent point.

I have a group of kids who do this when I try any air tricks, but they don't come around when I'm doing grind combo stuff. Some people just have something to prove, just ignore it.

|

Come back with a warrant.

2/28/2020 7:07 AM

This is not always intentional. One time I pulled up to a park and did feeble hard on the ledge not knowing a local was trying it for a good hour. But there is times when people just try to show off by doing this. If this is the case see if they are chill about it and are willing to give advise.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

2/28/2020 7:30 AM

people still get butthurt over this?

|

fack off

2/28/2020 8:17 AM

And to be fair you where “trying” to land these moves and he was landing these moves , this guy isn’t here to defend his side of the story , it’s not copying if you aren’t pulling the tricks

|

2/28/2020 8:44 AM

If you're this sensitive about it, you've already lost, give up.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/28/2020 8:53 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If you're this sensitive about it, you've already lost, give up.

I never said i was pissed or anything about it i was genuinely wondering why they were doing it but they eventually gave me advice so i guess they were just showing me to how to land it

|

2/28/2020 9:34 AM

When I was a kid, only NASA had computers. We handled this stuff without having to ask a forum. And Second place was the first loser.

|

2/28/2020 9:49 AM

So the kid made a douche move, get over it and move on.

|