Ovalized bars - no slip - any dangers?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2018 3:27 PM

Hi guys!

I just realised that I have ovalized my bars last time when I tightened my stem - which was over a month ago

It's like 1mm

My questions is ... if they don't slip (haven't had any issues ever since) are there any dangers with running ovalized bars?

Should I change them, or I can still run them like this?

Photo
Photo

|

9/18/2018 3:39 PM

They're a bit more prone to snapping but if they're holding and you're not planning on doing any big drops, they should be fine.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/18/2018 3:44 PM

Yeah, not planning on anything big :D
Thanks! ^_^

|

9/18/2018 10:46 PM

Looks like your stem is starting to suffer from being over tightened too. But it should be good. Start saving for a new pair, if they slip once, they'll be prone to slipping more

|

9/19/2018 1:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Looks like your stem is starting to suffer from being over tightened too. But it should be good. Start saving for a new pair, ...more

Yeah, that's actually how I noticed they are ovalized.
I was passing by and I was like: hey! isn't the gap between the plates a little too thin, it wasn't like this before! laughing

I'll be cautious with it.

|

9/19/2018 4:26 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Looks like your stem is starting to suffer from being over tightened too. But it should be good. Start saving for a new pair, ...more

am-shaegar wrote:

I was passing by and I was like: hey! isn't the gap between the plates ...more

Your bars might be fine then. It looks to be like the face plate is starting to bend. Notice how the gap is bigger close to the bars

|

9/20/2018 1:11 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

am-shaegar wrote:

I was passing by and I was like: hey! isn't the gap between the plates ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Your bars might be fine then. It looks to be like the face plate is starting to bend. Notice how the gap is bigger close to ...more

Nah, they are sad
Measured the diameter on both axes, it's a difference of 1mm

|

9/20/2018 5:53 AM

I would save for some good not great bars. You can get say Stolen Cell bars for $30.00 many times and you can find close out sales. I have some 8.5” bars if you’re interested

|