PC Pedals for street

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2015 11:17 AM

I decided to try using PC pedals and I mostly ride street; do you guys have any recommendations?

Things you should know:
I do not intend to pedal grind with these PC pedals, but I won't say it will never occur, because depending on what you're doing sometimes you have no choice but to pedal grind if you're not able to bail out or weren't in a good position at the last moment.

Also I do already have metal pedals (Fit Mac sealed pedals and Odyssey Trailmix pedals), so pls do not recommend any metal pedals. I do not want to turn this into a metal VS PC topic.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

2/6/2015 11:21 AM

try thermalites. they have a crazy lifespan

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/6/2015 11:24 AM

The two best pedals i had try are the Duo Resilte and the Eclat Plaza.
There are so large and the grip is here, fuck off pedal grinds !

|

2/6/2015 11:51 AM

Kink Senecs. Oversized axle and bushing, thick body, none of that clear BS! Otherwise i would go BSD Safaris, Tree PCs, or Odyssey Dugans.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/6/2015 12:20 PM

what are those Animal ones with the fat ass axle? my buddy has them and they're pretty damn solid. he's messy with his grinds and they aren't wearing out too fast.

for real tho, plastic pedals are kinda like tubes. theres not a ton of difference between most of them. they're all like $20 so you can trash em and get new ones cheap. i go through a pair or two each season. i recommend looking for the ones with the lowest profile possible so you feel more stable and centered while you ride

|

2/6/2015 12:24 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Kink Senecs. Oversized axle and bushing, thick body, none of that clear BS! Otherwise i would go BSD Safaris, Tree PCs, or ...more

this and my Cult PCs have held up somehow, Alienation PCs feel really good but wear a bit quicker.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

2/6/2015 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2015 12:58 PM

So far I am liking the look of Duo Resilite, Kink Senecs, BSD Safaris, and the Cult PCs. Yea PC pedals are way cheaper than metal ones; that's why I plan to buy about 4-5 different pairs. Thanks for the suggestions; I've always used metal pedals and even though I will "try" not to pedal grind on the PC pedals, I just hope they can take the rigors of big drop ins.

|

2/6/2015 12:59 PM

Mark one side and grind one side only, keep foot on other side

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

2/6/2015 1:19 PM

I rock Twisteds, have had them for 4 years (I don't pedal grind at all) and they are still going strong.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/6/2015 1:33 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I rock Twisteds, have had them for 4 years (I don't pedal grind at all) and they are still going strong.

Yea I've only rode on metal pedals, even on my first BMX bike. That's why I wanna try out several pairs of PC pedals. I just don't want something like the pedals snapping on me after landing on a big drop in to happen.

|

2/6/2015 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2015 1:47 PM

To be completely honest, any PC pedal will do you justice. You just have to look around and find one that looks strong. Typically slim PC pedals are weaker, such as the Premium Slim PC pedals. I've also heard that transparent-like PC pedals are also weaker. If you're interested in PC pedals, try to find one with a strong design with a solid spindle.

From my personal experience, I wouldn't recommend...
Animal Hamilton PC pedals
Odyssey Twisted PC pedals
I've snapped both of them roughly around 2-3 months. I'm a heavy rider, and it was probably 4 years ago when I snapped them. They've probably improved their strength over the years, but I'm not sure.

Although I would recommend...
Cult PC pedals
BSD Safari pedals
Eclat Slash pedals
I've had luck with all of these. I use to do a lot of pedal grinds when I use to ride, and they all held up for a while, more than 2-3 months without a doubt. PC pedals are fairly cheap, so if you do lose grip or something else happens to them, they are fairly cheap to replace.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/6/2015 1:55 PM

STRANGER 1984's are so sexy

|

13 years old

2/6/2015 1:56 PM

Baphometh wrote:

To be completely honest, any PC pedal will do you justice. You just have to look around and find one that looks strong. ...more

You rode BSD Safaris a few years ago? Strange considering they came out just a few months ago..

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/6/2015 2:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2015 2:14 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You rode BSD Safaris a few years ago? Strange considering they came out just a few months ago..

No, my bad. I should have emphasized that. I've rode Cult, Eclat, and Shadow PC pedals which I forgot to mention. I bought the BSD Safari pedals a while ago because they have 20 pegs on each pedal, and they have a rather strong design. I haven't rode them yet though, so I personally don't know how good they are.
The Shadow PC pedals are amazing, especially if you're doing pedal grind. When the pegs on the pedals wear out, there's like this grip tape-like surface for additional grip.

I keep comparing the pedals to pedal grinds because that's like the most abusive thing you can do to pedals, especially if they're plastic.

|

2/6/2015 2:22 PM

Fly ruben pedals still going in my MTB after 2 years and a half.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/6/2015 2:46 PM

Twisteds. Cheap, readily available, feel pretty good and I've never bent a twisted spindle. I bend a lot of spindles normally.

The Rubens hurt my feet pretty bad. I wear Barge LS shoes though, and they are pretty thin.

|

2/6/2015 3:01 PM

T-rider wrote:

Fly ruben pedals still going in my MTB after 2 years and a half.

Found my final pair (5th) to order. I like the look of the PC Fly Rubens too.

|

2/6/2015 3:03 PM

Thanks everyone I ordered the Duo Resilite, Kink Senecs, BSD Safaris, Cult PCs, and Fly Ruben pedals. I Appreciate the help.

|

2/6/2015 3:10 PM

Odyssey jc pc /thread

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/6/2015 4:10 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Thanks everyone I ordered the Duo Resilite, Kink Senecs, BSD Safaris, Cult PCs, and Fly Ruben pedals. I Appreciate the help.

That's a lot of pedals! Great choices though man!

|

2/6/2015 4:16 PM

I have weighed from 215 lbs to 255 lbs on the same set of twisteds without issue. I don't do drops too often, and lately ride mostly park.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura