PC Pegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2015 12:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 1:19 PM

What are some good, solid pegs with plastic sleeves?
I plan on using 4 pegs, and I'm a full-time grinder so I need something that'll take the abuse of relearning grinds after 3-4 years or so.
I prefer pegs with plastic sleeves for obvious reasons, and the fact that the skaters get pissed when you wax the ledges/rails at my local park which totally makes sense.

I'm getting my Danscomp reward points soon, so I can buy a couple things to help further complete my bike.

I was looking at....
Primo Binary PL V2 pegs
Federal Chromoly PC pegs
Eclat Venom pegs

What are your thoughts on these pegs, or what pegs with plastic sleeves are better for me?
I don't give a fuck about weight, so that's not an issue.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 12:28 PM

Those are all not that good. Get United Stealth pegs. They last for ages and slide like butter always

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/5/2015 12:56 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Those are all not that good. Get United Stealth pegs. They last for ages and slide like butter always

And you know this by personal experience or...? Just curious.

|

2/5/2015 1:12 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Baphometh wrote:

I have had them for about a year maybe some more months and i grind a good bit, so does stocksy and he has em too. They grind for forever. I wouldn't recommend them if i didn't know they are the best! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/5/2015 1:19 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Baphometh wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

I have had them for about a year maybe some more months and i grind a good bit, so does stocksy and he has em too. They grind ...more

Thanks man!
I actually meant Primo Binary PL pegs on that list, not the light pegs. I mainly want the Binary pegs because they are 6000 aluminum, which is decent for a peg, and they come with an extra sleeve.

|

2/5/2015 1:33 PM

I have binarys, they are good for light grinding in parks. I would rock steel for street personally.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/5/2015 1:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 1:51 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I have binarys, they are good for light grinding in parks. I would rock steel for street personally.

I use to ride the Shadow Little Ones w/o the sleeve and they're amazing, but when I bought the outer plastic sleeve for it, I tightened my wheels a little too much and the sleeve snapped since it was plastic being tightened against metal. Otherwise I would get those again because the pegs themself lasted forever, and the sleeves aside from being tightened too much lasted longer than any other PC sleeve I've had.

If they're for light grinding, then they're not for me haha. I wish they had some steel pegs with optional sleeves that go over them... I just hate using wax.

|

2/5/2015 1:53 PM

Éclat venoms are decent, speaking from experience.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/5/2015 1:54 PM

Aluminum doesn't slide well on steel. It often sticks.

Get steel pegs.

Get Shadow Little Ones.

Get Shadow Little Ones. They grind on everything. I can even slide well on dry concrete, I know it's ridiculous but they are so dank. You can gets plastic sleeves for these guys also if you ever wanted to switch over, and they are cheap ($12) and one of the lightest steel pegs.

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

2/5/2015 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 2:08 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

Aluminum doesn't slide well on steel. It often sticks.

Get steel pegs.

Get Shadow Little Ones.

Get Shadow Little Ones. ...more

That's what I've had in the past, but the plastic sleeves for them are poor. I was thinking about getting those again because they're steel and you have the option of having a plastic sleeve. The only downside of the sleeve is when you tighten your wheel, it can easily snap because you're forcing plastic against metal with the pressure of tightening it, and I've had the sleeve snap on me before because of that reason. I just wish more companies made pegs similar like that, basic steel peg with the option of a plastic sleeve.

|

2/5/2015 2:04 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

How long have you had them, and why type of riding do you usually do?

|

2/5/2015 2:10 PM

Baphometh wrote:

That's what I've had in the past, but the plastic sleeves for them are poor. I was thinking about getting those again because ...more

Oh I've never run the plastic sleeve, didn't know it snapped like that. I've had my little ones for like 5 years and they still are solid by themselves. I'm actually painting them a different color right now.

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

2/5/2015 2:13 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Baphometh wrote:

How long have you had them, and why type of riding do you usually do?

Just started using em, but I had the éclat Nathan peg before them which uses the same nylon compound as the venom pegs.

I ride street, grind every time I'm out pretty much.

lasted me around 6/7 months, they slide good on anything, but rough concrete will chew em up quicker.

I'd defo recommend them, but I'm sure there are others that are decent too.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/5/2015 2:21 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

Oh I've never run the plastic sleeve, didn't know it snapped like that. I've had my little ones for like 5 years and they ...more

What color? Yeah man, if you ever want to run plastic sleeves, you have the option to without sacrificing any strength to the peg itself. That's why I love them. I think I actually might buy those again with a couple spare sleeves. I feel like that'd be my best bet. I just have to remember not to tighten my wheels as much.

|

2/5/2015 2:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 2:25 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Just started using em, but I had the éclat Nathan peg before them which uses the same nylon compound as the venom pegs.

I ...more

Yeah I was looking in to them. I couldn't find any legitimate reviews on them though. Thanks for the input bro. I'm still deciding on what pegs to run, and I'm learning more towards the Shadow Little Ones right now. I've had those in the past, and lasted me years with just the peg alone w/o the plastic sleeve (could have lasted longer if I didn't sell them), and about a year of heavy riding with the plastic sleeves on before I snapped one of the sleeves.

|

2/5/2015 2:54 PM

Gsport plegs

|

2/5/2015 3:34 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

Gsport plegs

I hope you're joking lmfao

|

2/5/2015 5:11 PM

you can get fit og pegs and use animal butcher sleeves or the fit wizards sleeves

|

2/5/2015 5:35 PM

Been on Primo Binary v2s for like 4months now. I ride some pretty rough concrete ledges and am a rather heavy guy. Hold up great for me, haven't even touched my.extra sleeves yet.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/5/2015 6:20 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

Gsport plegs

Baphometh wrote:

Why would he be? What's wrong with plegs?

I've seen them far outlive regular pc sleeved pegs, and my friend even gap to second stage double peg down a big kinked handrail with old plegs and had no issues with them whatsoever. Plegs would be fine.

First hand experience I have no idea nor care because I only ride metal pegs.

|

2/5/2015 6:25 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

Gsport plegs

Baphometh wrote:

I hope you're joking about shopping for pegs when you're supposed to be homeless soon.

|

2/5/2015 6:28 PM

Chromoly pegs for life

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

2/5/2015 6:32 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Chromoly pegs for life

I get that, but I'm getting old. I don't want to destroy the shit I ride, and I don't want skaters talking shit at the parks.

|

2/5/2015 6:37 PM

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/5/2015 6:39 PM

Ill stick up for my Binary V2s here, they've held up well for me

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

2/5/2015 11:00 PM

get metal pegs.

or metal pegs.

perhaps some metal pegs.

or even metal pegs. with pvc pipe on them

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/6/2015 1:24 AM

Eclat venoms are sweet. been on mine since august, no where near worn down yet, just keep rotating, swpping etc.
Theyre thinner than most as theyre not aluminium inner, long af (4.5"?), 4140 heattreated chromoly inner so it aint gunna deform, and as mentioned, same nylon/fibreglass mix as the nathan peg. I love mine.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/6/2015 7:16 AM

I highly suggest the Stolen Siilencers, these are the aluminum core plastic sleeve combo. i run four of these bad boys and my switch side pegs are just over a year old now and still kicking and i just replaced my regular side becuase i had new sleeves and my homie needed some so i gave him my old ones which only had one hole in the rear.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/6/2015 10:57 AM

Fit Wizard sleeves are awesome and last a long time, I have them. Bought the Primo but still havent been able to ride yet. What I like with the Wizaed and Primo is that replacement sleeve seems to always be stocked somewhere so no matter what or at any time, youre covered.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/6/2015 1:48 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

Gsport plegs

Baphometh wrote:

tecnic1 wrote:

I hope you're joking about shopping for pegs when you're supposed to be homeless soon.

I clearly fucking said that I have Danscomp Reward points. Do you not bother to read?

|