PC pegs and wax

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2017 10:19 PM

Do you use a lot of wax with plastic pegs? When I was at the skatepark yesterday this kid waxed the shit out of everything, after complaining everything stuck. He was a good rider too. I have no problems sliding anything metal, even with no wax. Shit I was grinding on bricks with no wax at all the other day.

|

1/17/2017 10:33 PM

Plastics are already way more smooth than metal on most surfaces , if you're riding skatepark ledges that are well kept that you don't need to wax it really unless it rained heavily or someone grinded it all off before . For double pegs you want to wax it up a decent amount , but for feebles and smiths it's not as noticeable in my eyes

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/17/2017 10:48 PM

You could always go pegless.

smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

1/17/2017 11:11 PM

readybmxer wrote:

smile

Pegs are more fun

|

1/17/2017 11:42 PM

readybmxer wrote:

smile

Coopers25 wrote:

Pegs are more fun

Depends on the person. I personally find pegs boring.

|

1/18/2017 12:43 AM

#peglessandproud

But, it depends on the ledge. A bit of wax can help, but you don't really want anything too slidey. He's probably too scared to go more than half a crank at anything, and needs all the help he can get

|

1/18/2017 6:36 AM

Idk I wax all ledges and I ride full plastic pegs. I think it is honestly a placebo because after waxing I always feel like it will slide better and pull the trick but really I don't think it makes much difference

|

1/18/2017 8:44 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

But, it depends on the ledge.

This. The material and texture specifically. Granite so polished you can see your reflection? Yeah, probably doesn't need wax, haha. Some some sort of mass produced, general grade concrete? I'm probably gonna wax it. YMMV.
|