PEDALS: plastic or metal?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2011 11:18 PM

Here is the deal---I like plastic pedals because they are light, cheap, and don't give bad pedal bite but the pins always snap off or scrape off because I do lots of grinds. On the other hand there are metal pedals, little heavier and more expensive than plastic pedals and they give atrocious pedal bite but the pins don't wear down much and the bearings can be smoother. So which is better? Please enlighten me.

|

3/19/2011 11:20 PM

Odyssey JCPC, best of both worlds.
Or if you have cash, get the Premium slims, i love mine!

|

3/19/2011 11:23 PM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

where can you get tho odysseys and how much generally?

|

3/20/2011 6:28 AM

the JCPC are gonna be my next pedals, the twisteds r great and i wanna try theese. i like pastic the best

|

Refs: TCbmx, AO8, DannyP, Ron44ald, BEASTASSDICKwink

Bike check!!

3/20/2011 6:31 AM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

this

|

Refs: TCbmx, AO8, DannyP, Ron44ald, BEASTASSDICKwink

Bike check!!

3/20/2011 7:46 AM

metal. amazing grip

|

3/20/2011 8:10 AM

I use plastic pedals, and on the side I grind on, I have a grind side of my pedal so I don't mess up the whole pedal.
By doing that, my pedals last a really long time.

|

3/20/2011 8:24 AM

I have plastics, but I think I may start putting some money away to get a nice pair of fly or eclat metals

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

3/20/2011 8:34 AM

Premium slims all the way I love these things

|

3/20/2011 8:36 AM

eww jcpcs. theyre basically flat platforms with giant metal spikes. worst pedals in my opinion. I love twisted pc;s concaved with a lot of medium sized pins. i just put white out on one side of the pedal, so i can tell which is my grind side and which is my grippy side

|

3/20/2011 8:56 AM

Premium Slim PC, grippiest plastic pedals i have ever ridden.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

3/20/2011 9:08 AM

im currently running plastics... but thats only because the shop i went to ONLY had sealed metal pedals... and i didn't feel like spending the money on them... but I really should have since they charged almost double normal price for plastics... ($22 for ody pcs)

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

3/20/2011 9:13 AM

jcpc

|