PEGLESS RIDERS!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2009 5:37 PM

Is riding street pegless as fun as riding street with pegs for you?

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

6/6/2009 5:41 PM

NO WAY!

|

Well we have Kevin Rudd. he could bash the ---- out of Chuck Norris any day. Then he would say 'sorry'

6/6/2009 5:41 PM

no, but i always bend, smash, or break something sooner or later on ledges and i dont have the money to fix it.

|

nou

6/6/2009 5:59 PM

Bosseh wrote:

no, but i always bend, smash, or break something sooner or later on ledges and i dont have the money to fix it.

yeah same problem here,thats why im thinking of going pegless,no broken chains,no extra weight(pegs),and no bent sprockets...

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

6/6/2009 6:01 PM

im riding pegs now
and snapped my chain twice
im going to ride pegless right around here maybe since theres no ledges
but when i go to spots put them on
well im prolly just gonna leave the pegs on haha
i like em

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

6/6/2009 6:09 PM

Money is currently the main reason I'm without pegs. It definitely makes you look at your terrain with a creative eye. It's helping me come up with some new ideas that I'll try when pegs are back on the bike.

|

Enjoy life and stay happy.

6/6/2009 6:12 PM

memberofthecast wrote:

Money is currently the main reason I'm without pegs. It definitely makes you look at your terrain with a creative eye. It's helping me come up with some new ideas that I'll try when pegs are back on the bike.

Yeah thats why I want to go pegless,I dont want to keep buying new sprockets and chains...

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

6/6/2009 6:17 PM

same, i dont have the money
but im buying a new chain and hub guards tuesday

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

6/6/2009 6:21 PM

i ride pegs and love it i have a 39 tooth sprocket its barely bent and i grind whenever i see a ledge and ive snapped my chain like twice in my whole life and i have a really weak chain so i dont have to worry bout thatsmile

|

strt 4 life

6/6/2009 6:42 PM

to me riding with out pegs is more fun cause u can be more creative with street spots. like my boys are always grinding this super narrow ledge but me i decide 1 day to try to hop on the supper narrow ledge, ride the whole ledge and 180 off it, then i tryed manualing the whole ledge which took like 7 or 8 tries but i got it

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

6/6/2009 7:37 PM

Savage Animal wrote:

to me riding with out pegs is more fun cause u can be more creative with street spots. like my boys are always grinding this super narrow ledge but me i decide 1 day to try to hop on the supper narrow ledge, ride the whole ledge and 180 off it, then i tryed manualing the whole ledge which took like 7 or 8 tries but i got it

but sometimes its just so tempting to look at a nice ledge/rail just to grind on...

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

6/6/2009 9:20 PM

im putting it into consideration but ithink im gonna try and get some more handrails under my belt

|

catch ya slipin at a light "GET OUT YO SHIT"

6/6/2009 9:27 PM

I just took mine off to get more creative. Its alot of fun, ive been doin a ton of nose manuals since i took em off haha

|

6/6/2009 9:31 PM

KriSandM wrote:

I just took mine off to get more creative. Its alot of fun, ive been doin a ton of nose manuals since i took em off haha

i can hold my nose mannys for more than a few feet is it just pump and hump or is there a trick

|

catch ya slipin at a light "GET OUT YO SHIT"

6/6/2009 9:37 PM

KriSandM wrote:

ajguzmanbikes wrote:

i can hold my nose mannys for more than a few feet is it just pump and hump or is there a trick

Its pretty much just practice. Dont be afraid to throw all your weight forward till you can find a good balance point, then once you find it just practice getting to that point. Trust me no one really has them dialed (except for shane rieder). Im good at them and i can only nose manual like 3 1/2 parking spaces on a really good day.

|

6/6/2009 9:37 PM

ajguzmanbikes wrote:

Balance is key!

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

6/6/2009 11:37 PM

iv never riden pegs...except when i first started riding my bike came stock with them and i was learning fakies and my front one somenhow nearly ripped my calf off. dam! i took them off and burned em.

|

dub tha sub

6/6/2009 11:37 PM

iv never riden pegs...except when i first started riding my bike came stock with them and i was learning fakies and my front one somenhow nearly ripped my calf off. dam! i took them off and burned em.

|

dub tha sub

6/7/2009 12:08 AM

ajguzmanbikes wrote:

you just have to find that point of balance.
and dont be afraid to go over the bars. once youve gotten past that just find your point of balance and practice. i can ussually nose manny like 2 parking spaces but ive gotten close to 4. its just all about balnce and practice.

|

say yeahh.

6/7/2009 12:09 AM

ajguzmanbikes wrote:

and dont be afraid to go over the bars. once youve gotten past that just find your point of balance and practice. i can ussually nose manny like 2 parking spaces but ive gotten close to 4. its just all about balnce and practice.

|

say yeahh.

6/7/2009 9:49 AM

azbmx12 wrote:

What if you cant get it high enough to go over the bars lol

|

6/7/2009 11:05 AM

hell no riding street with out pegs is gay

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

6/7/2009 11:09 AM

GUNNER-BMX wrote:

hell no riding street with out pegs is gay

12345 it is cuz u can be creative wit pegs weight who cares it allows u to grind things without anything else like stronger axles or stripping them

|

Rider4life>=]

6/7/2009 1:46 PM

dk4life wrote:

12345 it is cuz u can be creative wit pegs weight who cares it allows u to grind things without anything else like stronger axles or stripping them

IDC about weight,I just dont want a bent sprocket or a broken chain every time I grind...

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

6/7/2009 2:28 PM

i ride street pegless all day long. Love it.

|

team fatcats fer life.

6/7/2009 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 8:03 PM

IT LOOKS PREETY FUN...

Chase Hawk ODSY Web Video from Chad Shackelford on Vimeo.

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

6/7/2009 2:45 PM

Well I'll just ride pegless until I can go to LHD,who knows maybe I wont go back to pegs...smile

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

6/7/2009 2:51 PM

wilbertice10 wrote:

IDC about weight,I just dont want a bent sprocket or a broken chain every time I grind...

or you could learn how to grind

|

6/7/2009 3:31 PM

it's just the same for me because I don't grind

i stick to 180s, 360s, hop to manuals (sometimes on rails!) and wallrides. i love street

|

6/7/2009 4:21 PM

Bosseh wrote:

wilbertice10 wrote:

yeah same problem here,thats why im thinking of going pegless,no broken chains,no extra weight(pegs),and no bent sprockets...

LESS broken chains. You can still break it, it's just less likely if you aren't grinding.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura