PLASTIC Stem eh?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2010 7:39 AM

New Simple Eject v4 PC stem

Taken from Simple's website...

"After doing massive material research we came across this High Strength Plastic, with an incredibly high molecular mass. This allows us to make a very light, yet very strong stem without compromising on the durability. We have taken this stem through a lot of testing and abuse to see how it would hold up, and so far it's proved to last very well."

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

2/18/2010 7:41 AM

oooo soon they will have plastic frames bars forks

how much this going to be?

|

Biggest troll.

2/18/2010 7:44 AM

I don't know how much it's gonna be. And I don't think I'd trust it. Even if the plastic was otherwordly strong...the other job of a stem besides not breaking is not slipping. I wonder how they'll counter that...

|

2/18/2010 7:50 AM

As if plastic seats and pedals were'nt bad enough

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/18/2010 7:51 AM

wouldn't the plastic threads strip or crack when you try to tighten it? i think they would need metal threads or something idk. if there cheap i might try one.

bmx-forum posted it first sad

|

crystal meth

2/18/2010 7:53 AM

tibug wrote:

I don't know how much it's gonna be. And I don't think I'd trust it. Even if the plastic was otherwordly strong...the other job of a stem besides not breaking is not slipping. I wonder how they'll counter that...

I think I might trust it but I'm not going to be the first one to buy it. I just seriously can't believe they came out with a plastic stem, insanity. I love how it looks though, clear and just has nice lines.

|

-Let me tell you something about you that you don't know...
-I don't like Fit.
-BLRBMX thought I was 23. Silly kid.
-Facebook

2/18/2010 7:53 AM

Harry95 wrote:

wouldn't the plastic threads strip or crack when you try to tighten it? i think they would need metal threads or something idk. if there cheap i might try one.

I might try it, see what its like, but if its a fortune then im not going to do it

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/18/2010 7:58 AM

Harry95 wrote:

That's where I got it from too lol. Funny, cuz I just check simple's site last night. It was probably like 10 minutes before they updated it lol.

|

2/18/2010 7:58 AM

If it is so strong then why not use plastic screws?

|

Proverbs 3:5-6

2/18/2010 7:59 AM

Drnwagn wrote:

If it is so strong then why not use plastic screws?

Maybe they will lol on production models.

|

2/18/2010 8:00 AM

i dont see how it wouldnt slip...

|

refs: fit2fly, spikez5, TommyBoy, traviswooten, gstring02, FlyOrDie711, harry95, ridebmx456, mikelee, dallybiker45, redcrayon(scammed me), dkoldschool98, njbmxerdude, aw1234512, sharkcity408, ridehard93, lilbmxkid, burkminipup, irideafly, deanridesbikes, whirls32, X_Woody_X, _empath, xBikeaholic, and the list goes on... theres more, but i think theres quite enough.

2/18/2010 8:01 AM

gayest thing ever unless you do stem grinds or some shit.
**GAYYYYY**'

knowing me though I will buy one

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

2/18/2010 8:03 AM

funtington wrote:

**GAYYYYY**'

Because you're **GAYYYYY**' LIKE ME!!! smile

|

2/18/2010 8:09 AM

funtington wrote:

**GAYYYYY**'

tibug wrote:

Because you're **GAYYYYY**' LIKE ME!!! smile

I know right!!
well I am going to check up on this thread in a n hour time for chemistry class.

on a side note if you lived here and knew a kid named sean me saying gayyyyyyy would be hilarious.

|

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

2/18/2010 8:32 AM

camjf wrote:

As if plastic seats and pedals were'nt bad enough

this

|

2/18/2010 8:36 AM

wtf is up with all this plastic shit? Yea its lighter but come on. Call me old fashion but i'll stick to medal.

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

2/18/2010 8:38 AM

only plastic ill ride is pedals

|

united states army

refs:nshs2010, carjakester,8=D,orgy,dallybiker45,RedCrayon,Southernrider,thor_davis, Andysubrosa8,gstring02,dirtjumper202,bdk1313,blake el gingero(x2)

2/18/2010 8:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 1:05 AM

i'm gonna try the DK pedals, & thermalite seat post, but a stem... not to sure

|

2/18/2010 8:57 AM

hyperformance wrote:

I the thermalite, its nice.

but my eclat complex combo is gay no matter how much you tighten it still wobbles and slides.

|

2/18/2010 9:20 AM

hyperformance wrote:

funtington wrote:

but my eclat complex combo is gay no matter how much you tighten it still wobbles and slides.

this, my seat is fucking gay. i hate the bastard thing. should have sticked with pivotal

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/18/2010 9:22 AM

i have the therma lite, its actually pretty nice. takes a little bit more tightning than my macneil stump, but its way lighter.

|

refs: fit2fly, spikez5, TommyBoy, traviswooten, gstring02, FlyOrDie711, harry95, ridebmx456, mikelee, dallybiker45, redcrayon(scammed me), dkoldschool98, njbmxerdude, aw1234512, sharkcity408, ridehard93, lilbmxkid, burkminipup, irideafly, deanridesbikes, whirls32, X_Woody_X, _empath, xBikeaholic, and the list goes on... theres more, but i think theres quite enough.

2/18/2010 9:23 AM

bstick wrote:

i have the therma lite, its actually pretty nice. takes a little bit more tightning than my macneil stump, but its way lighter.

Thermalite is Dupont nylon 66 with 50% long Glass Fibre Infusion

it is a 1/3 lighter than current alloy posts on the market

FACT

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/18/2010 9:25 AM

dumb idea simple... dumb idea.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

2/18/2010 9:26 AM

bstick wrote:

camjf wrote:

Thermalite is Dupont nylon 66 with 50% long Glass Fibre Infusion

it is a 1/3 lighter than current alloy posts on the market

FACT

i have mine cut to an inch and a 1/4. with a odyssey senoir 2 PC piv. super light.

|

2/18/2010 9:44 AM

hyperformance wrote:

funtington wrote:

camjf wrote:

this, my seat is fucking gay. i hate the bastard thing. should have sticked with pivotal

Tsk tsk tsk. Should have gone with the gonzo.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/18/2010 9:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2010 9:51 AM

funtington wrote:

camjf wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

Tsk tsk tsk. Should have gone with the gonzo.

the eclat seats gay if you do barspins or hangs

|

2/18/2010 9:54 AM

Plastic = Gay
End of

|

"Oh You Mad Cuz I'm Stylin On You?"

2/18/2010 9:55 AM

Why it's not any thinner than any other thin pivotal?

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/18/2010 9:57 AM

its a fuckin joke , get over it
remember the spiral crossbar grand slams? if you dont, than you dont know shit

|

BIKE CHECK!
BEEN HERE SINCE 07 TRUE OG
if you’re pegs ain’t steel, you ain’t real
refs- way to many just ask around
FLICKR
CRAZY MAAZY

2/18/2010 9:58 AM

dumb idea. ive seen lexan sprockets before, but not stem

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10