POLISH PAINT/METAL? (RAW & CLEAR)

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2007 12:54 AM

Hey guys,

does anybody know how to 'polish' metal/paint like 'Big James's bike on www.grindstate.com or Jared Chilko's cranks? (see below)

[img size=150]http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1097/forbg1ot2.jpg[/img] (peep his cranks, they were originally black i think)

let me know... thanks!

one,

jdevil

Post edited by: iwalkthruwalls, at: 6/11/2007 10:55 AM

|

6/11/2007 10:27 AM

i dont kno nutting about paint, apart from that they loom ugly scratched..lol.. i keep mines raw..

|

6/11/2007 11:33 AM

awire wrote:

i dont kno nutting about paint, apart from that they loom ugly scratched..lol.. i keep mines raw..

First start off with a fairly rough sand paper until you start seeing metal. When you start seeing the metal use a finer grit paper. It will take some time (alot of time) but this way comes out best. then after that you can clear coat it so it wont rust

|

6/11/2007 12:30 PM

awire wrote:

BGRIDER wrote:

First start off with a fairly rough sand paper until you start seeing metal. When you start seeing the metal use a finer grit paper. It will take some time (alot of time) but this way comes out best. then after that you can clear coat it so it wont rust

use a wire brush will come out a lot cleaner then sand paper. for taking the paint off and you need to use like a shit load of clear coat on raw parts so they dont rust out. your own clear coat job if done right will hold up and wont rust, but a shitty job will rust eventually on you

|

6/11/2007 11:11 PM

awire wrote:

BGRIDER wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

use a wire brush will come out a lot cleaner then sand paper. for taking the paint off and you need to use like a shit load of clear coat on raw parts so they dont rust out. your own clear coat job if done right will hold up and wont rust, but a shitty job will rust eventually on you

thanks for the advice guys.. i'm gonna try experimenting on my spare bike..

|

6/11/2007 11:14 PM

BGRIDER wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

iwalkthruwalls wrote:

thanks for the advice guys.. i'm gonna try experimenting on my spare bike..

Get a dremel and a polishing kit and run that beotch over the part after you have the paint off. Insta-bling...

|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire