PSi

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2013 12:25 PM

My tires are fat and are 60 psi is it safe to go beyond that? like possible 80?

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/31/2013 12:42 PM

My tires take 60 and I put in 70.

I wouldn't go over 10psi more than recommended

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/31/2013 3:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2013 3:06 PM

As K_A_N_E_ said, to be safe, I wouldn't go more than 10 PSI more, 15 is MAX if you went anymore you would be asking for a Blow Out or LOTS of Flats! The thing is it isn't usually a problem with the Tyre that's the problem! The main problems with stupidly high PSI in Tyres, the Valves on regular Inner Tubes just cannot take 100+ PSI. So they either totally Blow Up or the pressure pushes itself out of the Valve or seems in the tube which causes the blow outs or deflation.

|

8/31/2013 3:09 PM

It depends a lot on the quality of the rim, the quality of tube and tires. I think my best combo has been the Odyssey rims and odyssey tires, you dont get flats like that. I say do what the numbers tell you, it sucks to have low PSI for park and stuff, but if you dont like it, buy new tires.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/31/2013 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2013 3:16 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

It depends a lot on the quality of the rim, the quality of tube and tires. I think my best combo has been the Odyssey rims and odyssey tires, you dont get flats like that. I say do what the numbers tell you, it sucks to have low PSI for park and stuff, but if you dont like it, buy new tires.

They are low psi but i can inflate them more so it doesn't really feel like a low psi tire and they are premiums so their like extra fat and i don't ride park i ride street

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/31/2013 3:37 PM

Honestly Buddy, Mega Fat Tyres don't need to be inflated to 100PSI+ That's why the majority of them have 60-70psi on them! Also, I refuse to run anything over 70PSI, It's fucking horrible riding anything more, you feel even the smallest stone, god forbid you should hit something hard! Fucking Hell my poor wrists thanked me when i experimented with PSI & found out that actually 65PSI is pretty fucking hard actually & does the job just as well as 100+PSI that people kept recommending me! The only thing i will admit is you do need more than 65/70PSI for Bowls & Parks because the Tyres are put through a lot more demanding situations (Carving, Under Rotated Spins on a Transitions) You ride Street so i am 110% sure you will be perfectly fine with 65PSI in your Tyres. Ride them like it, give it a try & i am sure it will be fine, especially as they are basically slick Tyres you are running!

|

8/31/2013 4:15 PM

Topsey wrote:

Honestly Buddy, Mega Fat Tyres don't need to be inflated to 100PSI+ That's why the majority of them have 60-70psi on them! Also, I refuse to run anything over 70PSI, It's fucking horrible riding anything more, you feel even the smallest stone, god forbid you should hit something hard! Fucking Hell my poor wrists thanked me when i experimented with PSI & found out that actually 65PSI is pretty fucking hard actually & does the job just as well as 100+PSI that people kept recommending me! The only thing i will admit is you do need more than 65/70PSI for Bowls & Parks because the Tyres are put through a lot more demanding situations (Carving, Under Rotated Spins on a Transitions) You ride Street so i am 110% sure you will be perfectly fine with 65PSI in your Tyres. Ride them like it, give it a try & i am sure it will be fine, especially as they are basically slick Tyres you are running!

i hate to feel my tires soft...

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/31/2013 5:58 PM

Get new tires. I run anywhere from 60-100. It's really easy for me to adjust to, but yeah new tires and tubes too

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/31/2013 6:06 PM

Depends what it says on your tire wall, my tires go up to 100psi so i run like 90, i usually go 5 -10 psi under the max

|

8/31/2013 6:14 PM

Also, i think in the rear it is great to have around 80 and like 70 in the front for street. I think if you are tall or fat or just weigh a lot, and love to drop big junk, it is a good idea to have the tires harder, mostly because you may get more pinch flats! I think in the front if you got a bulky tire, you are gonna want that nice squish. Those huge tires feel weird hard, especially if they are like lightweight. I never really run gigantic tires these days, i had the Demo Machete in 2.35 but i really dont like it in that size, unless i could run 2, then itd balance out. It puts the front end high and it is awkward. I run like a 2.25 Aitken on a rim that pinches it a bit so it is more of a 2.2 tire and a 2.2 hawk in the rear. I run the demolition tires for basically when i go to the race track, it helps to have the extra lightness for that.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/31/2013 6:36 PM

I won't ride anything not filled up rock solid.......100 110 psi is where it's at......keeps your rims good and rides so much faster

|

8/31/2013 6:46 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I won't ride anything not filled up rock solid.......100 110 psi is where it's at......keeps your rims good and rides so much faster

i agree

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/31/2013 9:26 PM

I would invest in new tires and run like 80-100 psi

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/31/2013 9:29 PM

Like I told you earlier today, run only 10 PSI above max and that's already risky. I honestly don't think you need 100+ PSI unless you ride flatland or some kind of super flowing trails or something along those lines. I have 100 PSI tires atm and have never gone past 85 unless my tube leaks or something.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke