PaViMo HELP!!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2012 11:53 AM

Using the search bar and read something about you fixing a hub sound/wobble with plastic. Details?

|

7/19/2012 11:56 AM

Maybe show us the thread you speek of.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/19/2012 12:27 PM

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Need-Help,1266285

I thought I read in another thread that he wrapped a plastic bag around the bearing then smacked it in, it was awhile ago, kept it in mind cause my hub was starting to have the problem at the time, Just kept it mind, mind you, not like I remembered anything specific.(which probably would help now)
|

7/19/2012 12:31 PM

This whole thread confuses me deeply.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/19/2012 12:39 PM

the plastic bag idea is really smart.. I'll have to try that since my mix's bearings have the same problem.

Basically, if I take the non driveside locknut off, the bearings fall right out if you tap the hub down slightly.

I've tried making soda can shims and they work for a little bit, cut them to size and just slide them in between the shell & bearing in small pieces. Mine always ended up moving around though but I'm gonna try that plastic bag trick

|

7/19/2012 1:23 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

the plastic bag idea is really smart.. I'll have to try that since my mix's bearings have the same problem.

Basically, if I take the non driveside locknut off, the bearings fall right out if you tap the hub down slightly.

I've tried making soda can shims and they work for a little bit, cut them to size and just slide them in between the shell & bearing in small pieces. Mine always ended up moving around though but I'm gonna try that plastic bag trick

I dont think this is the prob for me, but wanted to try it anyway, I think my prob is the outer bearing race is not making full contact with the hub shoulder(?) but the plastic gave me an idea that im workin on right now, will update with pics if it works.

|