Pads

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2019 12:52 PM

I am looking at getting knee, elbow and maybe shin pads.

What specific brand and models are good and not too pricey?
Besides a skate park requiring them, which of the three are most critical for BMX (elbow/knee/shin)?

Thanks

|

Somers Point, NJ
30 years old
Beginner at best

7/2/2019 12:55 PM

Knee / shin for me. if i was to get a 3rd, id say those little side ankle pads as my shin pads are just shin.

Brand wise for BMX, Fuse is the best IMO. You have a ton of MTB options too.

|

7/2/2019 1:21 PM

Anyone know anything on the Fuse Omega Knee Pads or Fuse Echo 75 Knee/Shin Pads?

|

Somers Point, NJ
30 years old
Beginner at best

7/2/2019 1:47 PM

Bob_B wrote:

Anyone know anything on the Fuse Omega Knee Pads or Fuse Echo 75 Knee/Shin Pads?

Ive seen the fuse 75s they’re well made but i would suggest the 125s if you hold off i am ordering some to test out and should have them some time next week if all goes well

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

7/2/2019 2:07 PM

I feel like everyone will have a different answer for this... but imo nothing sucks more than a shinner (except a broken bone, in which case pads wont save your ass anyway). Shadow Conspiracy makes a really good line of pads, they are a little pricey but super flexible, light and breathable.

|

i love dick

7/2/2019 2:44 PM

I love my FUSE pads. I have the DELTA knee and SHIN/WHIP/ankle pads. Started with the Shadows but the actual protection (especially the knee) was pretty low and they started to come apart within a month. My FUSE are still going after a year and a half.

|

7/2/2019 3:55 PM

Bob_B wrote:

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Ive seen the fuse 75s they’re well made but i would suggest the 125s if you hold off i am ordering some to test out and should have them some time next week if all goes well

Let me know how they go, I am in no rush.

|

Somers Point, NJ
30 years old
Beginner at best

7/2/2019 6:39 PM

You can't go wrong with the Fuse pads. They're expensive but the quality is worth the cost.

|

7/2/2019 6:49 PM

Another upvote for fuse pads here. I use the Whip shin/ankle combo pads. Super comfy, great protection. My ankle used to get really banged up, no problem since I got the pads.

|

7/3/2019 1:07 AM

If your going to get knee pads you might aswell get shin pads go with them , I love my shadow conspiracy’s , fit nicely under the pants

|

7/3/2019 5:49 AM

Thanks for all the input. What about sizing are Fuse pads true to the size the recommend on their sizing chart?

I am 6'1" 195lbs and would assume i would need L or XL pads?

|

Somers Point, NJ
30 years old
Beginner at best

7/3/2019 5:53 AM

Bob_B wrote:

Thanks for all the input. What about sizing are Fuse pads true to the size the recommend on their sizing chart?

I am 6'1" 195lbs and would assume i would need L or XL pads?

You should definitely use the size chart and do the measurements. Blindly I would have assumed L or XL and my measurements called for xxl and they fit awesome..

|

7/3/2019 8:28 AM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

You should definitely use the size chart and do the measurements. Blindly I would have assumed L or XL and my measurements called for xxl and they fit awesome..

This. Use the sizing guide on the website and measure with a tape. I would have gotten a size too big if I went with my assumption, but I followed the guide and they fit perfectly.

|

7/6/2019 7:11 PM

So I have smashed my shin with my peddles a few time but have yet to bang up my ankles. Do ankles usually get caught when trying to grind?

|

Somers Point, NJ
30 years old
Beginner at best

7/6/2019 8:10 PM

i really like my Moose racing 2018 XCR Knee Guards. They're more of a motorcross pad but work great.

|

7/7/2019 4:18 AM

Bob_B wrote:

So I have smashed my shin with my peddles a few time but have yet to bang up my ankles. Do ankles usually get caught when trying to grind?

My problem was from spinning. Don’t ask me how, but I would smack my ankle bone on the crank arm every time I 180 or (attempt) 360’s. I don’t think grinding is a problem.

|