Powder Coat

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2013 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2013 12:53 PM

How much should I pay for a professional to powder coat and clear coat my Frame, Bars, Forks and Cranks. I don't know anything about powder coating, so I have some questions. What do they do to prevent rust? Theirs no primer.... Also could I just clear coat it at home? Just go out and buy some rustolium clear coat? Oh ya and I'll be stripping the Bars, Forks, Cranks and Frame so they wouldn't have to do that.

Frame : S&M ATF
Bars : Primo Sasquach
Forks : WeThePeople Scorpio
Cranks : 1664 Good Ol Cranks

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/13/2013 4:49 PM

Bump

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/13/2013 5:12 PM

Powdercoat son!

|

10/13/2013 8:37 PM

MMX_15 wrote:

Powdercoat son!

I don't know any one who powercoats son

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/14/2013 5:19 AM

Dude here in stl pcoats so cheap. Was gonna do my forks, pedals, and seat post for $35

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/14/2013 6:32 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

where is Canada do you live? there is tons of places. a really good place is ABC powder coating in port hope ontario. give them a call tell them what you got and they will give you a price. its cheap. and they do an amazing job

|

10/14/2013 9:33 AM

MMX_15 wrote:

Powdercoat son!

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

greenbastard wrote:

where is Canada do you live? there is tons of places. a really good place is ABC powder coating in port hope ontario. give them a call tell them what you got and they will give you a price. its cheap. and they do an amazing job

I'm in Mission, bc , canada it's About an hour and a half from Vancouver

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/14/2013 10:48 AM

Drunken spray paint. Don't even take your bike apart.

|

fack off

10/14/2013 10:57 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Drunken spray paint. Don't even take your bike apart.

This is what I do.

|

10/14/2013 11:00 AM

sand and re clear it..just started rawing my wifi back down

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

10/14/2013 12:54 PM

Change of thread
|

Bang Bang bmx

10/14/2013 6:04 PM

I guess I'll never know...

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/14/2013 8:22 PM

I got charged $20 to have my cranks powder coated professionally and he said he'd do my frame for $50. Are you talking about clear coating after you are done getting your bike powder coated? If that's the case, don't. I got my cranks done in a color called "wet white" back in March and they still look shiny and glossy as the first day, aside where I've scuffed them. So there are a ton of different colors so if you're going for something that looks clear coated, they'll be able to do it with that color...just ask. Powder coating is a dry paint and adheres electrostatically to the metal. The parts will only rust if you scrape the paint off, but powder coating can take a little more abuse than a standard wet/spray-on paint.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/14/2013 8:27 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

I got charged $20 to have my cranks powder coated professionally and he said he'd do my frame for $50. Are you talking about clear coating after you are done getting your bike powder coated? If that's the case, don't. I got my cranks done in a color called "wet white" back in March and they still look shiny and glossy as the first day, aside where I've scuffed them. So there are a ton of different colors so if you're going for something that looks clear coated, they'll be able to do it with that color...just ask. Powder coating is a dry paint and adheres electrostatically to the metal. The parts will only rust if you scrape the paint off, but powder coating can take a little more abuse than a standard wet/spray-on paint.

Oh ok sick and was this from like one of your friends or an actually shop and what's did the shop do normally cars? I was looking around and I only have 2 shops close to me and today was thanksgiving so I couldn't really call them.

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/15/2013 10:28 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Oh ok sick and was this from like one of your friends or an actually shop and what's did the shop do normally cars? I was looking around and I only have 2 shops close to me and today was thanksgiving so I couldn't really call them.

It's from a local guy that has his own shop. I know you're in Canada, but here's the link:

http://kranzpowdercoatingservices.com/

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/16/2013 2:06 PM

20-30usd sounds reasonable if you "stripped" it yourself and used a color they were running that day. anything over 50 is too much...make sure you go over one more time right before you give it to them so there is absolutely no rust.. but there is no doubt there is rust on the inside of your tubes. if you want it done right have them do the cleaning, but they should be able to run it with the other items they are doing that day.. which should be pocket change for them. I've done this several times in the USA.. it just depends on how picky you are with the colors.. that's where you will run into the cost.

|

10/16/2013 6:44 PM

You can try this guy too, He does good work and rides too. www.VillainRideCo.com In Winnipeg though, so you'd have to ship it, but UPS is pretty cheap within Canada.

|

10/16/2013 9:36 PM

I was going to go and get it done from these guys http://www.valleypowdercoat.com/index.php/contact/ for 100 which is their minimal charge, my auto teacher said he'd do it 10$ per part and he's bin powder coating since 1997 the thing is he only has a gun no oven or prepping suff.... I'll ask him if he'd do it at his old school which is where he usually gets Stuff done that he needs to get done..

|

Bang Bang bmx