Painting Forks...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2009 2:39 PM

well since no one has white primo strands they will trade me, im going to go against what i believe and im gonna paint them.

sand it, primer, sand, 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear.

does that sound about right?

|

Vital's Official New Mod!

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

8/18/2009 2:41 PM

i wouldnt sand it use paint remover

|

email me at hauler1980@gmail.com
Aim is dvdvdthfg

Refs: ibmxi (x4),irideafly (x2), bmx4life121303, mikelee, tyler_rides!, scwright99, CGCaps, ETBA,dallybiker45,Blake El Gingero,Anthony95

8/18/2009 2:41 PM

you tell me, im repainting my forks white in a week or so i could use some advice as well

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

8/18/2009 2:46 PM

i used industrial paint stripper and steel wool, then i sanded it down, the i used a 2 in 1 paint (2coats) and then i put on like 3 layers of primer and it looks like its professional. Total time took me like close to 2 days i think

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.

Refs-bmxrox67, Hatebreeder, andrew rs, tcbmx

8/18/2009 2:47 PM

dave805 wrote:

i wouldnt sand it use paint remover

nah thats a pain in the ass. i would rather just sand it with a...low grit? i think thats what it is. idk really rough sandpaper.

|

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

8/18/2009 2:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2009 2:55 PM

sand to make look ugly. do a light coat of primer then heavier coat then same for gloss paint then put 1-2 coats of laquer on to make shinnnaiii

|

Biggest troll.

8/18/2009 3:48 PM

glub wrote:

sand to make look ugly. do a light coat of primer then heavier coat then same for gloss paint then put 1-2 coats of laquer on to make shinnnaiii

i just got done the first primer coat. then i will sand it, then paint the 2 coats of white. or pale yellow if i can find it.

|

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

8/18/2009 5:05 PM

do you want me to do a write up on how to paint?

your a mod and you could sticky it. it inculdes forks.

|

8/18/2009 5:10 PM

kikcer2 wrote:

do you want me to do a write up on how to paint?

your a mod and you could sticky it. it inculdes forks.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

8/18/2009 5:10 PM

Well, I think the best way to do it is maybe I guess 1 coat of primer, 2 coats of paint, and 3 coats of clear coat. But I saw that on a how-to for a frame.

|

Don't listen to me, I'm not on the list either!

Here's my blog: http://wcbmxscene.blogspot.com/