Painting Trans

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2014 11:27 PM

I was thinking of painting my frame a trans color. Is it the same process as regularly painting a frame?

|

1/1/2014 11:39 PM

id think so just a raw frame without primer and a translucent paint. Thats what i would try.

|

brakeless maniac

1/2/2014 12:54 AM

pick up some of this clear primer and get trans spray paint of your choice its the same as regular paint it just gets darker the more layers you put on
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

1/2/2014 6:28 AM

Duplicolor Metalcast $8.50 at O'Reillys and AutoZone
Made to be applied directly to metal, no primer. Use a full can of it on your frame and a full can of clear coat. Definitely get it on there thick and take your time.
I did these with it. Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/2/2014 7:19 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Made to be applied directly to metal, no primer. Use a full can of it on your frame and a full can of clear coat. Definitely get it on there thick and take your time.

does the paint chip easily?

|

1/2/2014 7:29 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

does the paint chip easily?

Not any worse than regular spray paint. If you can find a clear primer it would help alot though.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/2/2014 11:21 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That looks sick. Alright, so I should raw my frame, use a can of duplicolor to coat it, then add a clear coat it?

|

1/2/2014 11:24 AM

Cmxx wrote:

That looks sick. Alright, so I should raw my frame, use a can of duplicolor to coat it, then add a clear coat it?

I would suggest putting a tiny bit of shiny clear coat on your frame and. Polishing it before you put on the trans paint to make it shinier. Idk if that's how it works tho lol

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

1/2/2014 11:31 AM

Yeah. Clean the surface really well too. If you use sand paper use a very fine grit, and clear primer isnt necessary but is a plus. When I got it down to bare metal I used paint thinner to clean it, basically any strong chemical that will evaporate (hydrogen pyroxide, nail polish remover, etc.) just to prep it for paint. Scrub it pretty well and let it sit for a while to evaporate. Then wipe it down with a CLEAN dry rag and apply a few good layers of clear primer if you decide to use it. Then apply light coats of the paint every 30mins until the can is empty. Use near a full can of clearcoat too. Lacquer clearcoat would work best, but any outdoor use/metal/heavy duty clearcoat will work.

|