Painting trans black

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2021 3:39 PM

Hey guys! I am planning on painting my frame and forks here soon and I would really like to go for a trans/see through black finish like the s&m BTM frame. Does anyone know of a good way to achieve this type of finish on a frame? Photo

|

10/23/2021 4:51 PM

Fun fact: trans black is younggotti’s least favorite color.

|

10/23/2021 5:05 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Fun fact: trans black is younggotti’s least favorite color.

Thanks for starting a useless 3 page debate I bet you’re not even from Ohio

|

10/23/2021 11:10 PM

You have to buy trans paint. If there's anywhere near you that mixes paint, it'll be mostly clear, with a little black in it. I've done it before but it took some experimenting to get the right amount of black. And it looked a bit dull.
I'd suggest getting a quote from a local powder coaters if you want a good quality, glossy finish

|

10/24/2021 1:54 AM

.pegless. wrote:

You have to buy trans paint. If there's anywhere near you that mixes paint, it'll be mostly clear, with a little black in it. ...more

Thanks for the advice!!

|

10/24/2021 7:52 AM

cky199 wrote:

Thanks for starting a useless 3 page debate I bet you’re not even from Ohio

No he is, I saw him turning tricks under one of the SRAM rock features at Ray's. It's true.

|

10/24/2021 9:58 AM

I used automotive repair/matching paint to match my forks to a trans red frame. The best quality I found was at Oriellys. Just do really light coats.

|

My mom thinks I’m special

10/27/2021 10:12 AM

To OP...before you start painting, have you seen Trans black up close? It is a cool color, but I briefly had a trans black Holy Diver that turned from love to hate. It was cool because it was dark, yet you could barely make out the weld burns...but in the light it looked like more of a coffee color that clashed with the plain black parts I had on my bike. It looked weird.

Anyway, if that is what you like go for it...just sharing experience on a color that I thought I would like.

|