Parents Hate BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2011 8:31 PM

I needed some new sweaters for the coming winter months and i was asking my mom to get me some bmx brand clothing and my dad said that he didn't want me getting bmx related clothes. i asked y and he said that he didn't like bmx's culture he thinks that every bmx rider smokes sags and curses like a drunken sailor. this really pissed me off. y do parents and adults in general hate bmx?

|

Rails not Trails

11/24/2011 8:33 PM

What does your Dad do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

|

11/24/2011 8:36 PM

They hate bmxers because they swear? Good god. Show them some van homan, dak and some other riders that are down to earth dont swear and are kid friendly and change their mind. Iv noticed for like every 10 new usa members, only seems to be americans. One atleast has over protective parents that want their kids to run5 brakes were helmets on the asses and wrap up in foam on a luminous bike

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

11/24/2011 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2011 8:39 PM

Verde. wrote:

They hate bmxers because they swear? Good god. Show them some van homan, dak and some other riders that are down to earth dont swear and are kid friendly and change their mind. Iv noticed for like every 10 new usa members, only seems to be americans. One atleast has over protective parents that want their kids to run5 brakes were helmets on the asses and wrap up in foam on a luminous bike

i did as soom as we got back from thanksgiving dinner but my dad is that type of guy who never admits hes wrong even when he knows it (i showed him some nigel sylvester)

|

Rails not Trails

11/24/2011 8:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2011 9:01 PM

Nah i think its just your parents. My parents and shit are cool with bmx.
And buy it yourself?

|

11/24/2011 8:43 PM

Shit happens. they just dont want your whole life to be wrapped around bmx. they probly want to set you upfor college and get you a real job so you can make them money or some shit like that lol

|

11/24/2011 9:06 PM

quit riding and smoke meth. they'll like bmx a lot more...

|

vital's redneck

11/24/2011 9:10 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

^^^^ LMFAO XD

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]">

]Refs- Dirt Nasty, RideBmxWithSWAG, FOUR, Ron44ald, TCbmx(x2), Manny5569, JMIES419, aw1234512(x2), the balt, Spikez5(x2), ecuadevil(x2), Showtime402, RiverSideRider

11/24/2011 9:11 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

real talk

|

WWW.ALBES.COM 10% OFF: TyBroski

You're welcome

11/24/2011 9:14 PM

Real talk brinson. Only time my dad was a bit weary was when he saw me crossing the bypass when I took my brakes off

|

Trails not Rails

11/24/2011 9:33 PM

personally i think most bmx clothes aren't very good, id rather buy their parts, which is what they are good at. there are some really nice bmx or skate clothing brands out there that make awesome clothes.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

11/24/2011 9:35 PM

My dad supports the BMX scene but my mom get really pissed when I say, "I'm ordering parts" and she start freaking out...
I know I should be buying other things and I'm still wondering what I'm going to do by the time I get out of high school. Just deal with it man...

|

11/24/2011 9:56 PM

my parents are like this too. they think its a waste of time and make get angry every time i ask them to be a middle-man buying off dan's. lol i had this site open once and went to the baffroom and my dad looked at it and he's like "what is this bullsheeet"

|

Boldly going nowhere.

BIKE CHECK.

11/24/2011 9:58 PM

get this [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

11/24/2011 9:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2011 9:59 PM

Show your dad this forum.Should change his mind.

Or not.blush

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

11/24/2011 10:19 PM

Not sure why some "grown ups" are so unsupportive of what their kids want to do. Its not like your asking their help for funding a meth lab. There are douchebags mixed in with every group. Never thought I would see the day when riding bicycles would be looked down on. ermm

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/24/2011 10:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2011 10:27 PM

my parents support the hell out of it. i was saving up money doing odd jobs to redo some stuff on my bike that wasnt working very good now they're paying the rest of it. my dad always is super chill and always wants to see what kind of parts im getting. its pretty cool when a parent used to ride. he even wanted to get a bike but i told him i probably wouldnt end up riding with him which i feel like a dick for saying but its true

|

11/24/2011 10:28 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

personally i think most bmx clothes aren't very good, id rather buy their parts, which is what they are good at. there are some really nice bmx or skate clothing brands out there that make awesome clothes.

ccs pants and a pacsun clearance section shirt is how you do it

|

11/24/2011 10:35 PM

I woulsnt bother with bmx branded clothing if it this much hastle. Its not that great and its expensive. Ur dad would go nuts at dub bmx lolol

|

Trails not Rails

11/24/2011 10:59 PM

the girl in the build your own fixie ad on the right isn't wearing a bra :O

|

11/24/2011 11:01 PM

your parents are blind like most..you got let them & get them 2 see the possitives of BMX. now my dad rode bmx & ill be honest after all the people in bmx he has seen & no's he still says well "im gunna hear Boo's" but dave mirra is the poster boy of bmx & for good reason but look at how some carry themselves & 2b honest my mom don't get involved so if ur gunna rock gear that might cause problems sport ZooYork or vans. shit is so universal it shouldn't cause 2many problems but I don't no your parents ether so good luck

|

REFS= jakesalbert(x2), ride stoned(x2), ron44ald, fsearles, Warchol2(x2), the Balt(x2), jb07(x4), Riverside rider, Truebikerface, Droogskull, sandysik6six(x2), ryanxanimalbmx(x4), ScramHype(x5), CustomS&Mryder, Perkins94(x4), milou, ecuadevil(x9), Dee Hos(x5), Bmxryder2001, Netty Speghetti, Superstar DK(x7), Bstick(x3), iibmxii(x2), trentydoo, A08(x4), White Knight, Tito24(x2), Piffery, Pcoco(x2), Patriotsfan11, 562_rider, blaine80, joe dirt, ninjacat33, tinybikerider33, Bmxscout48, fly for life, Mnsketch, Night Light, Creativebmx, Verdecustom, KWC92, louie101202(x2), lilrider187, calirider89, EatMyButt, asilva23, kurtnut, motogrizz, disdiqqq, adam1234, four, Zackhendrix....txt 402-659-414three......... my most valued possession is my dark black past

11/24/2011 11:02 PM

your parents suck.

|

11/24/2011 11:10 PM

|

Life behind bars
Favorite Rider:Kareem Williams

Refs: One Size FITs All,Element4all

11/24/2011 11:15 PM

chief brah wrote:

the girl in the build your own fixie ad on the right isn't wearing a bra :O

nice

|

11/25/2011 5:23 AM

your parents suck man. my mom doesnt undrestand that i break shit, that it lasts forever. but shes supportive enough.
just show them what riding bikes is all about, if you got a local park take them there and have them watch what you do with friends.

|

love you mom. rest in peace.
on a lighter note.... "RIP Kim Jong II, He might have been a cruel dictator, but he was sure fun to make fun of."

11/25/2011 6:15 AM

you gotta do what you gotta do. even if they hate the fact of you being into BMX, dont let them stop you. they should be happy that your happy.

|

11/25/2011 6:25 AM

your dad is kinda right. all my bmx freindss smoke and drink and sag, im the only different, most bmx kids tend to be punk asses, thye vandalize and argue with authority. its just the stereotype. but its gonna get worse becuase companies are now encouraging it like banned and cult with there rasta bs, garuntee 90% of rasta lovers dont realize that weed is 2% of a religion. basically tell you parents that you dont sag, nor smoke, and to give you an explanation on what makes a word bad to say. ask them the definition of fuck and theyll say therem isnt one and say ok thenso how is it bad?

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/25/2011 6:37 AM

future FBM wrote:

your dad is kinda right. all my bmx freindss smoke and drink and sag, im the only different, most bmx kids tend to be punk asses, thye vandalize and argue with authority. its just the stereotype. but its gonna get worse becuase companies are now encouraging it like banned and cult with there rasta bs, garuntee 90% of rasta lovers dont realize that weed is 2% of a religion. basically tell you parents that you dont sag, nor smoke, and to give you an explanation on what makes a word bad to say. ask them the definition of fuck and theyll say therem isnt one and say ok thenso how is it bad?

rasta colours dont encourage cannabis u nuttah. rasta lovers arnt rastas, rastas know weed is not a huge part of the religion. they use it, they dont abuse it. rasta lovers who paint everything the own rasta and listen to nothing but marley are idiot stoners. get ur shit straight.

|

Trails not Rails

11/25/2011 6:57 AM

future FBM wrote:

Verde. wrote:

rasta colours dont encourage cannabis u nuttah. rasta lovers arnt rastas, rastas know weed is not a huge part of the religion. they use it, they dont abuse it. rasta lovers who paint everything the own rasta and listen to nothing but marley are idiot stoners. get ur shit straight.

you just said what i did in a different way.... banned has a weed leafon there sprocket

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/25/2011 6:59 AM

future FBM wrote:

you just said what i did in a different way.... banned has a weed leafon there sprocket

true. but hemp can be used for other shit too

|

Trails not Rails